U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 08:04 AM

179 posts, read 409,143 times

Advertisements

All drugs (including alcohol) are bad. They make good people use them and make bad decisions they would normally never make. I personally believe they should all be outlawed. I also feel that firearms and all weapons are bad, they make people kill people. People who had nothing to do with the original issue. Outlaw firearms too. Lets keep us all safe. We are only weak feeble beings with no ability to resist temptation. We are not responsible for what bad things make us do.

Wow, that was fun to type! Personal responsibility. I know that people out there have been hurt or know people who have been hurt (or killed) buy a drunk driver. To take a stance and so no more drinking period is absurd. There are people out there who have been hurt or know people who have been hurt (or killed) by a firearm. Would it be a good idea to take a stance and say no more guns period? When you allow a government to take responsibility for you they will surely start taking liberties for you as well. There are too many politicians and lawyers who would love for you to pay them (richly) to treat you like a child and take every thing away from you that might hurt you or others. They also want to make sure you share all your cookies and milk equally. Be careful what power you give your government, they probably will reason a way to take more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 08:06 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,291,155 times
I didn't recall mentioning a specific drug, nor have I called for legalization multiple times; hell, I don't even recall ever mentioning it here at all.. and the culture here in SA is what has failed. This is one giant culture fail that hasn't learned a thing from the failure it came from. Time to throw away the history and start over in a good way.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:32 AM

14,613 posts, read 31,142,856 times
Today's Groupon is $10 for $20 worth of food at Fox and Hound. Just in case anyone wants to help them with their stiff penalty.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:14 AM

8,400 posts, read 20,105,449 times
If we're gonna go down the slippery slope of having the government prohibiting things that are bad for us, then letís add fast food (huge contributor towards heart disease, which is responsible for 25.4% of the total deaths in the US), being out in the sun (cancer is the second leading killer), motor vehicles (32,708 lives were lost in accidents last year according to the NHTSA), and of course anything pointy or sharp!

Or, letís be responsible adults, and take care of ourselves!

Otherwise, the next thing they'll be wanting to remove from our possession are our guns!

Cheers! M2

Old 06-13-2011, 09:39 AM

6,140 posts, read 8,596,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Today's Groupon is $10 for $20 worth of food at Fox and Hound. Just in case anyone wants to help them with their stiff penalty.
I saw that and couldn't help but laugh. However, the cheese fries are delish. Ha.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:42 AM

6,140 posts, read 8,596,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
If we're gonna go down the slippery slope of having the government prohibiting things that are bad for us, then letís add fast food (huge contributor towards heart disease, which is responsible for 25.4% of the total deaths in the US), being out in the sun (cancer is the second leading killer), motor vehicles (32,708 lives were lost in accidents last year according to the NHTSA), and of course anything pointy or sharp!
In some areas these things are regulated by the government. In New York (I know...not local so let's not go into too much detail) they banned the use of certain fats in cooking. In San Francisco city council considered banning toys in kids meals. There are time limits and age restrictions on tanning beds (skin cancer) and think of all those cell phone/texting rules in addition to rules that teens have when learning to drive.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:53 AM

1,848 posts, read 4,193,800 times
Hmm, some interesting responses here. So to throw out another side, let's say a patron goes to a bar, gets drunk, drives home without incident or hurting anyone.

However, once he gets home he beats his wife and kids and then indulges in some major online gambling burning through his kid's braces fund.

He just made some very bad choices due to his drunkeness and he hurt people both physically and financially.

Is the bar responsible for his poor decisions and actions?

Old 06-13-2011, 10:09 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,582,633 times
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm drunk right now! Painting up the house, having some beer, and listening to KZEP playing ZZ Top!!! Don't plan on driving anywhere or getting in a fight so I am covered in those regards And guns don't kill people????!!! Stupid mother######s who don't know how to handle firearms and try and act bad kill people. I know plenty of people who own guns and they've never killed anyone except some deer and quail and the occasional empty can.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:19 PM

2,721 posts, read 3,409,375 times
Default Crooked Teeth and Booze,

Let his kid grow up and wear crooked teeth to the grave.
Like father like son.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
Hmm, some interesting responses here. So to throw out another side, let's say a patron goes to a bar, gets drunk, drives home without incident or hurting anyone.

However, once he gets home he beats his wife and kids and then indulges in some major online gambling burning through his kid's braces fund.

He just made some very bad choices due to his drunkeness and he hurt people both physically and financially.

Is the bar responsible for his poor decisions and actions?

Old 06-13-2011, 03:52 PM

2,721 posts, read 3,409,375 times
Default Simplistic,

What a wonderful notion, lets take care of ourselves and be responsible.The govt. should and regularly does prohibit things that are very bad
exactly because so many of us are not responsible enough to prohibit ourselves from doing them.
There is no such place. Double-cheeseburgers are not relevant here. Nor
is sunlight nor guns.
Cannibalism is illegal, immoral and fattening, but is also irrelevant to
this issue.
The issue is how many drunks are there really out there? Driving around.
Waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post

Or, letís be responsible adults, and take care of ourselves!

Otherwise, the next thing they'll be wanting to remove from our possession are our guns!

Cheers! M2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio