Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 06:52 PM

36 posts, read 100,539 times

Advertisements

I saw on the news that the SA Public Pools are opening tomorrow. That brought up the question: does San Antonio have any zero entry public pools? We frequently go down to Rockport, TX and they have a wonderful zero entry pool for my young (under 6) kids. Second question: we were given Fiesta Texas passes from the grandparents, do they have a water park?

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 07:40 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,540,786 times
d-train, I'm going to ask what may seem like a dumb question but what is a zero entry pool? I have not heard of that term before.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:45 PM

61,710 posts, read 87,101,195 times
A zero entry pool is a swimming pool with a section that slopes from water level downwards, allowing people to wade into the pool

Old 06-10-2011, 07:47 PM

mamatotex97, not a problem at all. It's a pool that basically has a ramp to let little kids (and disabled individuals) in to the pool. There are no steps. You simply walk in to the pool and it gradually (and I mean gradually; you never really notice) gets deeper. Most zero entry pools have a max depth of 3' - 3.5' ft (I'm guessing). Prefect for those little one's who don't know how to swim just yet.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:57 PM

61,710 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Lady Bird Johnson Park at 10700 Nacogdoches Road: The skate/pool facility was one of the first in the country to combine a swimming pool and skate bowl to provide a multi-use facility. The pool is a 25-meter junior Olympic pool with five swim lanes and two zero-depth entry or beach areas with multiple spray jets. At the deepest point it is 4.5-feet. The pool is incorporated into the skate park except during the swim season during the summer months. At that time fencing is erected to separate the pool from the skate facility. Entry into both components is free.
Relocating to San Antonio | Quality of Life in San Antonio

Westin La Cantera in San Antonio, Tx. very kid friendly, has a zero entry baby pool with 6 little fountains in the zero entry to play with.

Some hotels have zero entry pool :
JWMarriott, Hilton, Hyatt...

Last edited by elnina; 06-11-2011 at 01:00 AM..

Old 06-10-2011, 08:43 PM

9,851 posts, read 13,696,195 times
I had no idea what a zero entry pool was. Sorry. I thought it was like zero cost. My bad. Hopefully the Fiesta Texas bit was at least somewhat helpful?

Old 06-10-2011, 10:29 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,540,786 times
Thanks for the explanation! Unfortunately I don't know of where any are.
Hotel pools were listed, but they wouldn't be open to the public. Or have I missed something?

Fiesta Texas does have a water park but I have not been to that part. Sea World has a water park. In the lazy river there is a ramp that you could use to avoid steps. Of course the "wave pool" as well. Not sure if that helps at all.

Old 06-11-2011, 12:03 PM

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I really appreciate it. I've passed by the pool at Ladybird many times as a kid but never really paid much attention to. I'll have to check it out. Thanks so much for advice.

Old 06-11-2011, 12:13 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,556,576 times
The JCC has a nice zero entry pool, I believe membership is open to all.

Picture a zero entry pool like walking into the water on a beach...

Old 06-13-2011, 03:03 PM

I apologize for my ignorance, is the JCC the Jewish Community Center at NW Military at Wurzbach Parkway?

Yesterday we were invited by friends to spend the day at the JW Marriot pool. They had a really nice zero entry pool for the kids but of course, it's only available to hotel guests and their guests. Not practical. Anyway, my point being, I'm looking for a pool like that; with small water slides, fountains, etc.

The smaller towns and cities around SA seem to be more progressive in the parks/pools departments. Hardberger park is a good start to becoming modern but what about pools?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio