U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 02:21 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,582,422 times

Advertisements

Francis Galton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Eminent men should be producing eminent children is the gist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 02:32 PM

905 posts, read 1,354,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Irish View Post
Francis Galton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Eminent men should be producing eminent children is the gist.
Interesting fact...
I know of a family who adopted a son, who is now in his mid 20's, who is a habitual drug user, thief, constantly in trouble with the law. Now, this family are good model upper class citizens who condon this behavior. turns out the kid's biological father was a drug pusher, the uncle is in jail for smuggling and the grandfather was the same way. So you get a child ( three yrs old when he was adopted,) out of that enviroment, raise him in a very good enviromenrt and HE STILL conducts behavior of his biological blood line!! Genetics????
I think so...

Old 06-15-2011, 02:36 PM

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck it is most likely a what? A DUCK! Interesting story.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:48 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,005,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
citation please? otherwise, as you so eloquently put it, its 'pure bs'
I dont need a citation to prove a Corrupt governments innocence, and to make you believe if you wanna buy into the propaganda its your world not mine. Do you honestly think drug cartel's are going to invest in semi automatic or single shot weapons? If not tell me where I can buy a fully automatic AK here in TX? . Because most places around here don't have them.

Its just a way to enforce gun control over the US citizens. Instead of Mexico bitching at the US they should overhaul their government and get rid of their scumbags they call politicians. Hell Mexican citizens are too worried about Futbol and Novelas to care about their country.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:23 PM

6,998 posts, read 10,233,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Irish View Post
Not to mention mental disorders, substance abuse disorders, generational poverty, I could go on forever. So how do you equip those stuck in poverty to get out of poverty? I think the only answer is education. Actually I work in a Title 1 school so I know the only hope for those types of families is education. Agree L210?
The U.S. as a whole is responsible for most of these problems. Hundreds of years of oppression can destroy a people. There has been vast improvement on the south side. The south side was the most responsible for making San Antonio the worst Texas city for gangs in the 90s. I now work on the south side and never feel afraid. People need time to heal and adjust. Yes, it's hard to break the cycle of poverty. If you go to the Deep South where the majority of the impoverished are white, you see problems with Aryan gangs, meth labs, and a significant percentage of people living on government assistance. Other immigrant groups had to face less discrimination and they still took generations to rise out of poverty.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:17 AM

Hey, I love the Southside! Some of the nicest folks I have ever met Yes, it did get a bad rap for awhile there, but now seems to be making a comeback and good for them. I used to work off South Congress and Oltorf up in Austin and talk about some strange people. But then again we are talking bout Austin. FYI-not America but the British are still holding down the Irish hence the creation of the IRA.
Irish Republican Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some areas are still pretty scary to go through. They've been oppressed for awhile and are still alive and kicking.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:19 AM

Stop that bike! Woman robbed at gunpoint by man on bicycle, deputies say | kens5.com San Antonio
Some more encouraging news for my Eugenics proposition.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:18 AM

57 posts, read 134,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
I dont need a citation to prove a Corrupt governments innocence, and to make you believe if you wanna buy into the propaganda its your world not mine. Do you honestly think drug cartel's are going to invest in semi automatic or single shot weapons? If not tell me where I can buy a fully automatic AK here in TX? . Because most places around here don't have them.

Its just a way to enforce gun control over the US citizens. Instead of Mexico bitching at the US they should overhaul their government and get rid of their scumbags they call politicians. Hell Mexican citizens are too worried about Futbol and Novelas to care about their country.
The US has an problem with illegal drugs. Do you agree? The US goverment is trying to address this problem by putting pressure on the countries that produce these drugs to limit the supply side. I think it is fair for the US to ask for cooperation from Mexico, Colombia, etc.

Mexico has a problem with illegal firearms. Do you agree? Mexico is trying to address this by putting pressure on the main country that produces these weapons to limit the supply side. I think it is fair for Mexico to ask for cooperation to the US.

Why is it so difficult to understand?

Last edited by torero; 06-16-2011 at 09:39 AM..

Old 06-16-2011, 09:46 AM

2,216 posts, read 3,982,489 times
well this thread went completely a different direction, merely wanted stats...

Old 06-16-2011, 10:06 AM

7,643 posts, read 8,088,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatotex97 View Post
well this thread went completely a different direction, merely wanted stats...
I'll help bring it back on track.

WOAI was inventing news where there really wasnt any earlier this week.

They had a teaser about wrong way drivers and the growing trend of women. When they finally gave the story it was "in the last 6 months there have been 54 (pretty sure that was the number) accidents involving wrong way drivers. Of those accidents 5 (definitely was the number) were involving women". FIVE?!?!?!? Five is a growing trend? I guess if the number before was 1 or 2 you could call it a growing trend, but 5 out of 50 or 60 isnt even worth reporting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio