Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2011, 09:38 AM

9,848 posts, read 13,689,106 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about this contractor? They always have these great military social service positions open at Fort Sam, but I can't seem to break through their system. Is there something I'm missing? Is it because I have nada military experience (nor the ability to get any)?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 11:06 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,981,665 times
Never heard of them, which is odd because they do focus in my primary area of expertise. That doesn't really matter, but usually I am tuned into th emajor corporations in SA that do that kind of work.

Have you been able to garner much off their website? It's a bit slow, but there is a lot of info on there. You can also search for jobs or submit your resume through their Careers link.

They also have Facebook and LinkedIn pages.

Here's their "about us" statement:

Quote:
Serco Inc. is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc, one of the world’s leading and most admired service companies. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. Our broad array of real-time cost-effective service solutions ensure confidence and protection for our military, government and commercial customers. We work with our customers to understand exactly what they need and help to see their projects through the complete lifecycle. Whether the assignment is helping secure our borders, enhancing intelligence capabilities, helping federal agencies share critical data, or supporting personnel functions, Serco is there.

We advise, design, integrate and deliver innovative service solutions to all branches of the U.S. military, federal civilian agencies and the intelligence community. Serco offers clients a trusted provider to deliver solutions that achieve meaningful outcomes. We have the industry know-how to understand the demanding challenges our customers face and we have the domain expertise to solve them—with a passion for excellence.
They also claim:

Quote:
  • We employ more than 11,000 dedicated professionals across North America; our parent company employs 70,000 people worldwide
  • We have offices in more than 100 locations across North America
  • We have approximately 400 contracts in the areas of IT & Professional Services and Managed Services
  • We are part of a $6 billion company—Serco Group plc—a leading global services provider
Lastly, I think this is their local office but I am not sure:

1777 NE Loop 410
San Antonio, TX 78217
(210) 824-0587

They're based out of Reston, VA; so you might try calling their corporate headquarters if you can't find a point-of-contact or any info locally.

Hope that helps!

Cheers! M2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: