Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2011, 01:10 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,725,465 times

Advertisements

This relationship ended in 2005 after the Spurs bought that Panthers out and signed a deal with the Phoenix Coyotes. At the time the thought was that the Panthers were looking to build an AHL team in Orlando. Obviously that did not happen and the team floated around different teams before setting down on Rochester last season. However it was clear the Americans wanted out of their deal with the Panthers this season forcing the Cats to find another place to bring the stockpile of draft picks Tallon has collected for development

Florida Panthers To Return To The San Antonio Rampage « The Rat Trick | A Florida Panthers Blog

Well with the Panthers being so bad all the time, the Rampage should be stocked with high draft picks. Could make for another decent Rampage team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 03:17 PM

6 posts, read 18,073 times
I'm new in the area, and I'm looking forward to some hockey. Coyotes or Panthers affiliation doesn't matter to me, just drop the puck!

Old 06-27-2011, 03:25 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,108,718 times
It seemed like the Rampage was the forgotten team in the city last year. I noticed very little marketing, compared to past years. It'll be interesting to see if this affiliation switch makes a difference in both the record and the marketing.

Old 06-27-2011, 04:15 PM
JNA

243 posts, read 735,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
It seemed like the Rampage was the forgotten team in the city last year. I noticed very little marketing, compared to past years. It'll be interesting to see if this affiliation switch makes a difference in both the record and the marketing.
Last season was first season I attended games and I was actually pleasantly surprised at the attendance for the two games I went to. Approx 8k for each game...more that I had expected for minor league hockey. I do hope they play better though. Lost both times.

Old 06-27-2011, 04:19 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,725,465 times
SA was 7th in the league for AHL attendance with 6411 per game. For a "non-traditional" hockey market they draw VERY well.

Bo they were forgotten I think because the Spurs were on such fire all season long. Add to that they werent in the playoffs (Phoenix's prospects are horrible most of the time) so you wont get much hype.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:48 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,046,678 times
The Rampage games were a blast! I highly recommend going to see them play.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:32 AM

12 posts, read 24,601 times
The Panthers treated us badly, be careful what you wish for. There was a reason for that change.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:40 AM

426 posts, read 1,673,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
I thought it was one of their best years in attendance as they had to open the upper deck on multiple occasions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio