U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-28-2011, 08:48 PM

2 posts, read 1,065 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I currently live in Seguin, and I am planning to move to San Antonio. I dont know much about SA, but I work right outside of Converse, close to FM 78 and Walzem, and will be going to school in Universal City.

Can anyone recommend apartments in or around the North, NE or East side, which are close to those areas. I have looked at a lot of ratings for places near Windcrest and crime is an issue.

I am looking for somewhere no more than $500 and I am willing to live in a Studio if safety is not something I have to worry about.

Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 09:10 PM

3,095 posts, read 4,075,133 times
With that being your budget the ability to stay in Seguin and commute may be an option. I knew plenty of people that went to TLU who commuted from the Converse/Cibolo area on a regular basis. Try to schedule all your classes on the same day and stay in town for the day to safe on the gas. The commute, without traffic is no more than 30 minutes. With the addition of those two lanes on 1604 will be a ton better.

You won't get a one bedroom or studio under $500 in a safe area of the city without having a roommate. I'm sorry.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:56 AM

272 posts, read 373,178 times
Check in Universal City. There are some older apartments called the Meadows behind The Forum. My brother used to rent a studio there and i think he paid around $500, it was a quiet complex. Good Luck

Old 06-29-2011, 07:11 AM

5,078 posts, read 4,384,796 times
It is possible to find a one bedroom or efficiency/studio in a safe area for $500. You just have to really look. You won't get anything fancy, but the neighborhood will be safe. I've lived in the 78217 area on the NE side for over 3 years and there are plenty of apartments in that price range. Just don't live on Perrin Beitel south of Wurzbach Pkwy or the Aguila Oaks Apartments. My neighbor leaves his bike tied up outside and no one has touched it. I forgot my laptop a couple of times in my car and no one broke into it. The Oak Ridge Apartments on Perrin Beitel (north of Wurzbach Pkwy) won best apartment community for a few years and has good ratings on apartmentratings.com, but their rent starts at $558. I'd suggest you go to the website and search for apartments in the zip codes you want and then go search for their rent rates on forrent.com or a similar website. I sorted the results by apartment rating.

Apartment Ratings :: The leading source of apartment reviews by renters for renters.

http://www.forrent.com/

Last edited by L210; 06-29-2011 at 07:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio