U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 11:05 PM

15,924 posts, read 17,384,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Just more proof that the entire city is indeed ghetto.. and that's my definition of ghetto; the one most people recognize.
With the attitude you constantly show towards SA why on Earth do you still live here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 11:08 PM

Quote:
most likely at a bar... isn't that where most "parents" meet here in SA?
Yup, just like in all other American cities......

Old 06-30-2011, 11:45 PM

2,559 posts, read 5,261,173 times
Quote:
Just more proof that the entire city is indeed ghetto.. and that's my definition of ghetto; the one most people recognize.
My heart goes out to the victim and his family. Horrible and these punks need to pay. I wonder what the motive was?

Anyhow the entire city ghetto? Like this kinda crime don't happen in other big cities? San Antonio's violent crime rate is no where near the top. Many more dangerous cities out there. As for the Silver Creek area, it is a well kept up neighborhood, nice homes and for the most part is pretty safe, mostly long time residents. I speak from experience, I live in the area, going on 6 years now.

Old 07-01-2011, 05:31 AM

4,149 posts, read 4,710,275 times
I have lived in the SA for five years and yes, the city has gradually gone downhill since I moved here. Home invasions, thefts, and murder seem to be on the rise ALL over this city. I'm so glad I don't have to raise kids here. As for these thugs, fry 'em.

Old 07-01-2011, 05:38 AM

6,259 posts, read 8,996,369 times
This kind of stuff typically runs in cycles. As the citizenry gets fed up with things and raises hob w/cops, they start cracking down again. Trying to remember - seems it was about 15-20 years ago that the murder rate was going way outta whack, gang issues, etc. - and they got things back under control.
Then again, part of it is respecting the law and those that represent it. Judging by the 'tudes of some of the folks on this very board, I shudder to think of what they teach THEIR kids.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:50 AM

2,216 posts, read 3,985,271 times
The motive was $100 according to one report. Apparently the three ran in the same crew of "friends".

Old 07-01-2011, 07:10 AM

14,614 posts, read 31,154,650 times
Yes, because I think that LE doesn't care about my stolen junk, which. shocker, they don't, obviously I'm teaching my children to be disrespectful to them. Some people can sure make huge leaps. You have no idea what you're talkin' about there, ol' fella..

Old 07-01-2011, 07:30 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,302,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
With the attitude you constantly show towards SA why on Earth do you still live here?
It's absolutely none of your business. But just for the helluvit.. should you just give up on everything just because it's bad? It wasn't like this when I moved here in 2001 and maybe it'll actually get cleaned up. More and more people are fed up with the crap this city is full of and hopefully more will be done to stop it, clean it, and elminate it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Yup, just like in all other American cities......
No. Get out more often and see that not everywhere is like this. There are still plenty of nice cities out there where you don't have to deal with ghetto thug wannabes and irresponsible idiots. Trust me, been there, seen that, and know what I'm talking about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweethomeSanAntonio View Post
My heart goes out to the victim and his family. Horrible and these punks need to pay. I wonder what the motive was?

Anyhow the entire city ghetto? Like this kinda crime don't happen in other big cities? San Antonio's violent crime rate is no where near the top. Many more dangerous cities out there. As for the Silver Creek area, it is a well kept up neighborhood, nice homes and for the most part is pretty safe, mostly long time residents. I speak from experience, I live in the area, going on 6 years now.
6 years and you haven't noticed how ghetto this city is? Try leaving for a week or two and open your eyes when you come back. Then again, with only 6 years here, you've pretty much lived here during the entire latest decline. Go back a few years prior and it was a completely different city. When I moved here in 2001, people didn't even know you could live outside 1604 on the far west side. Most people had never even heard of anyone living out here and now look at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
I have lived in the SA for five years and yes, the city has gradually gone downhill since I moved here. Home invasions, thefts, and murder seem to be on the rise ALL over this city. I'm so glad I don't have to raise kids here. As for these thugs, fry 'em.
At least someone gets it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
This kind of stuff typically runs in cycles. As the citizenry gets fed up with things and raises hob w/cops, they start cracking down again. Trying to remember - seems it was about 15-20 years ago that the murder rate was going way outta whack, gang issues, etc. - and they got things back under control.
Then again, part of it is respecting the law and those that represent it. Judging by the 'tudes of some of the folks on this very board, I shudder to think of what they teach THEIR kids.
There's a thread all about why that doesn't happen here. You are not issued respect, you earn it.. I know, novel idea to at least a few people..
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Yes, because I think that LE doesn't care about my stolen junk, which. shocker, they don't, obviously I'm teaching my children to be disrespectful to them. Some people can sure make huge leaps. You have no idea what you're talkin' about there, ol' fella..
remember Ron White's words...

Old 07-01-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
INo. Get out more often and see that not everywhere is like this. There are still plenty of nice cities out there where you don't have to deal with ghetto thug wannabes and irresponsible idiots. Trust me, been there, seen that, and know what I'm talking about.
SA for the past couple of years is now the 9th largest city in America.

Anyone who thinks that as a city grows the crime doesn't grow along with it is ignorant.

Gang violence is on the rise all across America and unfortunately this teen got caught up in it.

Moderator cut: off topic/personal

Last edited by Bo; 07-01-2011 at 10:01 AM..

Old 07-01-2011, 11:21 AM

2,216 posts, read 3,985,271 times
unfortunately this victim appears to have been involved in questionable behavior. After looking at his fb his postings were "gangsta til I die" and friends of the same nature as the two suspects. I do not wish to speak ill of him nor do I think he deserved what happened.

The one thing I noticed (ok yes I had wayyyyy too much time on my hands last night) was that not any of the friends of the suspects or victim seemed to have anything to say about how they will miss their friend or how shocked they were at what their friends did. The only thing they seemed to be interested in posting was about getting high again. Sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio