Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 12:48 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,622,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlamoCpl View Post
With all due respect, I'm sure there are many threads and opinions posted here that offend certain individuals. Probably some posted by myself and maybe even by yourself. The TOS rules are there for a reason, these forums are for everyone, not those who are of one opinion.
i wouldn't doubt that for one minute. a lot of what i post may be considered blunt, rude, controversial, etc etc. however, ive never crossed the line and posted something religious because i know with a 100% certainty that the PC crowd would get riled up and butt-hurt over it.

furthermore, the very, very small homosexual community we have here in SA knows that this will annoy and offend the majority of SA (who post and read here) who are also religious.

threads like this do nothing to further their cause and only hinder it, especially when they disregard international piracy laws and use music that they did not purchase a license for.

why should we allow the promotion of such activities on here?

Old 07-04-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingSAT View Post
I disagree with many of your posts; Obama/Hispanics/Language
But you have your opinion and I have mine.

Read what you like; ignore what you do not.
i wish the MSM would pick up on this and just ignore all the 'homosexual pride' garbage they air...

Old 07-04-2011, 12:52 PM

427 posts, read 1,173,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
i wouldn't doubt that for one minute. a lot of what i post may be considered blunt, rude, controversial, etc etc. however, ive never crossed the line and posted something religious because i know with a 100% certainty that the PC crowd would get riled up and butt-hurt over it.

furthermore, the very, very small homosexual community we have here in SA knows that this will annoy and offend the majority of SA (who post and read here) who are also religious.

threads like this do nothing to further their cause and only hinder it, especially when they disregard international piracy laws and use music that they did not purchase a license for.

why should we allow the promotion of such activities on here?
Not sure I understand the reasoning. In other words, opinions expressed here should only come from opinions in the majority? Very few Jewish people live here, are their opinions not welcomed here as well?

Read the TOS rules and regs, if the thread violates any of the rules, you have a legitimate beef.

Old 07-04-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Not sure I understand the reasoning. In other words, opinions expressed here should only come from opinions in the majority? Very few Jewish people live here, are their opinions not welcomed here as well?

Read the TOS rules and regs, if the thread violates any of the rules, you have a legitimate beef.
everyone is entitled to their opinion(s). i used the term 'small community' because its just that. small. insignificant. that does not mean they cant be vocal in their support for homosexual pride, just do it elsewhere and dont steal music across international borders.

/homosexuality and religion are 2 hot topics here and are the ones that are sure to start an uncivil discussions about each topic. thats not something you want, so just keep both off the board.

Old 07-04-2011, 01:00 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,585,248 times
Quote:

Old 07-04-2011, 01:02 PM

427 posts, read 1,173,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
everyone is entitled to their opinion(s). i used the term 'small community' because its just that. small. insignificant. that does not mean they cant be vocal in their support for homosexual pride, just do it elsewhere and dont steal music across international borders.

/homosexuality and religion are 2 hot topics here and are the ones that are sure to start an uncivil discussions about each topic. thats not something you want, so just keep both off the board.
The words in bold are correct. And if those opinions don't violate any TOS rules here, they are welcomed.

Old 07-04-2011, 01:07 PM

944 posts, read 2,040,432 times
I guess it's not surprising how fast this thread went supernova homophobic. To be honest I'm not the biggest fan due to my own beliefs, but I also believe it's not my place to judge.

I support the right of any group to meet in public and take video and make it available publicly, and even post in a public forum about the event. If any religious group did the same for any of their events I'd be all behind that too.
I'm not in favor of censorship of any group just based on other people being offended by what they are or what they have to say. As long as it's all legal, that's just rough (and I'm sure Youtube will get on their case in short order if they used music illegally).

I realized I'm supporting freedom in a tiny way on the 4th. That's kind of cool.

Old 07-04-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backliteyes View Post
I guess it's not surprising how fast this thread went supernova homophobic.
this couldnt be farther from the truth. we'll have to agree to disagree.

Old 07-04-2011, 01:16 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,585,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAguy View Post
Thousands attend both Gay Pride Celebrations-

Highlights from 07/02/11 Block Party and Parade-

YouTube - ‪Gay Pride SA 2011 .. "Born This Way"‬‏
Special Guest- Martha Wash
Grand Marshals- Mike Ruiz & Will Phillips

Held on 06/11/11, in downtown SA(Hemisfair Park)-

YouTube - ‪PrideFest San Antonio .. 6-11-2011‬‏

Both videos created and posted on Youtube by Roland De Leon.

I really enjoyed the second video in Hemisfair Park where the people realized they were being filmed. Love to see live filming!
Thanks for sharing.

Old 07-04-2011, 01:20 PM

102 posts, read 188,175 times
I'm sorry, but it's people like DexterCat that hinder our country moving forward, I can just tell by how he or she speaks. And I also can tell he or she is an avid Fox News watcher.

Accepting certain religious beliefs and accepting homosexuality are TWO totally different things in my opinion. Accepting homosexuality is a civil rights issue. Homosexuals are humans. Homosexuals go to school and work everyday, pay taxes, contribute to society, and even serve our country in the military.

Accepting certain religious beliefs is just that. Whatever you believe in, you believe in.

And if you are SO religious, shouldn't you accept and love EVERYONE just the way they are????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio