U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 03:26 AM

575 posts, read 1,260,343 times

Advertisements

NALEO Annual Conference - C-SPAN Video Library

Quote:
The 2010 Census data confirm that America has a new face - Latinos are now more than 50 million strong, and Latino growth has fueled the increase in state populations throughout the nation. Panelists will discuss the implications of these changes for the Latino community and our nation's political future.
Mayor Castro's speech was on topic and way better than Gov. Perry's. Gov. Perry was supposed to be talking about Latinos, not how great Texas employment is compared to other states. All he did was bragging about Texas during most of his speech. Only in the last few minutes does he start talking about Latinos. It didn't seem like he knew much about it compared to Mayor Castro. Then he starts speaking all these names saying this was the first Hispanic appointed to such in such office. Great you know how to roll your r's and say their names in Spanish awesome but you could of spent that time bragging about Texas job creation a little more. This is like a first but Gov. Perry did make me laugh at end with "One of my favorites the head of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission Jose Cuevas."

Last edited by txmusicgal; 07-04-2011 at 03:48 AM..

Old 07-04-2011, 09:55 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,185,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmusicgal View Post

Mayor Castro's speech was on topic and way better than Gov. Perry's. Gov. Perry was supposed to be talking about Latinos, not how great Texas employment is compared to other states. All he did was bragging about Texas during most of his speech. Only in the last few minutes does he start talking about Latinos. It didn't seem like he knew much about it compared to Mayor Castro. Then he starts speaking all these names saying this was the first Hispanic appointed to such in such office. Great you know how to roll your r's and say their names in Spanish awesome but you could of spent that time bragging about Texas job creation a little more. This is like a first but Gov. Perry did make me laugh at end with "One of my favorites the head of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission Jose Cuevas."
so????????

its not always about latinos. if i was perry, i too would be boasting about how texas created 40% of the new jobs in the usa since the economic 'recovery' began.

the crappy mayor we have does nothing but pander to special interest hispanic groups. the one thing he has done right was veto something that would have caused the burn ban / fireworks ban to expire.

also, dont forget the failed 'i want to pander to hispanic groups and rename durango' incident that he's been really silent about...

Old 07-04-2011, 10:02 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,304,300 times
The governor of a state talking good about their state? Taking the entire population into consideration instead of focusing on one group to pander to? That's ludicrous.. what will they think of next?

BTW, the op's other postings have an obvious agenda.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
The governor of a state talking good about their state? Taking the entire population into consideration instead of focusing on one group to pander to? That's ludicrous.. what will they think of next?

BTW, the op's other postings have an obvious agenda.
come on dude! you know you really want to hear about latinos and how great they are vs the massive economic boom texas has contributed to the national economy!!

you know, deep down you want to hear about latinos instead of the jobs texas has created. in the words of a more trashy, ghetto thug: why you gotta be hatin' for??

Old 07-04-2011, 10:06 AM

361 posts, read 822,315 times
It's funny how "diversity" in this city is meaning "more hispanics and less of everyone else." That's not diversity, and is demographic displacement of everyone who's not Mexican (and let's not lie here people it's NOT about hispanics from anywhere and everywhere, and is solely about Mexicans). I really wish Mexicans would stop hiding behind hispanics in general to cover their own calculated intentions against the US, otherwise known as "Aztlan."

An the mayor is an outright bigot who only caters to his own kind.

Perry was not wrong about border laws. Mexico protects its borders quite harshly and gives none of the "human rights" illegal Mexicans flat-out demand of America, so with Castro and his ilk it's just more "do as we say, not as we do" one-sided hypocricy.

Mexico’s Tough ‘Anti-Immigration’ Laws | Sweetness & Light

Old 07-04-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock's Beard View Post
It's funny how "diversity" in this city is meaning "more hispanics and less of everyone else." That's not diversity, and is demographic displacement of everyone who's not Mexican (and let's not lie here people it's NOT about hispanics from anywhere and everywhere, and is solely about Mexicans). I really wish Mexicans would stop hiding behind hispanics in general to cover their own calculated intentions against the US, otherwise known as "Aztlan."

An the mayor is an outright bigot who only caters to his own kind.

Perry was not wrong about border laws. Mexico protects its borders quite harshly and gives none of the "human rights" illegal Mexicans flat-out demand of America, so with Castro and his ilk it's just more "do as we say, not as we do" one-sided hypocricy.

Mexico’s Tough ‘Anti-Immigration’ Laws | Sweetness & Light
i like the cut of your jib

Old 07-04-2011, 10:14 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,304,300 times
My house is a thousand times more diversified than most of these progressives. Funny thing is they'll ASSume I'm the one that's close-minded.. oh well, that's why they get the cute donkey picture

Julian Castro & Rick Perry speaking at NALEO Annual Conference-ah.jpg

Old 07-04-2011, 02:05 PM

3,770 posts, read 7,279,103 times
I thought they were speaking at the NALEO conference? As in National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials. Why wouldn't they talk about Latino contribution in civil service since basically that's what the entire group is about? I didn't see any of what Perry had to say, but did he tie the "massive economic boom texas has contributed to the national economy" to Latinos? It would just seem feasible to expect people to talk about how great Latinos are at a conference about how great Latinos are.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:19 PM

2,721 posts, read 3,414,002 times
Default Perry, terrible speaker,

Perry cannot deliver a speech any better than Bush did. I watched
his delivery in New Orleans a couple of weeks ago. Republicans are desperate.
Send money.
It is horrible to see a group other than wasps pandered to. When will it stop?
Julian is smooth as glass. This is terrible. Henry was a genius, this can't be happening. Have you seen his credentials?
Crybabies... a bunch of self-congratulatory and powerless, shrill eunochs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmusicgal View Post

Old 07-04-2011, 07:57 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,816 posts, read 33,147,671 times
We're in the San Antonio forum. The discussion needs to focus on the mayor's remarks to be on topic here.

See if you can do better on that score from this point forward, or the thread will be closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio