Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 12:46 PM

6,705 posts, read 8,771,270 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut: orphaned

Oh and for the record, I don't like flamboyant gay pride fests as well but I choose not to attend them either.

Last edited by Bo; 07-05-2011 at 01:46 PM.. Reason: orphaned - the post you were replying to was deleted

Old 07-05-2011, 12:51 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,622,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
You act like you are speaking for just about everyone else. In reality, you are not.

This thread is about an local event and is within TOS as Bo (who is a moderator which of course you are not) stated earlier. Your statement above is what will probably get this thread locked because it stirs up things.

Oh and for the record, I don't like flamboyant gay pride fests as well but I choose not to attend them either.
i get it. i cant speak out about homosexuals but they can about the religious, and we're labeled intolerant.

thanks for clearing that up for me sir.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:00 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,585,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
i get it. i cant speak out about homosexuals but they can about the religious, and we're labeled intolerant.

Mods, please do not lock this thread; threads that are not appropriate can be deleted.
I appreciate your consideration in my request.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:33 PM

693 posts, read 1,501,756 times
Moderator cut: orphaned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post

I must be missing something but where in the SA forums has anyone bashed religious threads? Go ahead and post your religious thread if it has something to do with SA. As long as it relates to SA and is in guidelines with TOS you should be allowed to post it.

Also where has anyone bashed any religion in this thread? The only bashing I see is gay bashing which is not cool. Gays are human beings too and deserve to be treated with same respect as straight people.

Last edited by Bo; 07-05-2011 at 01:45 PM.. Reason: orphaned - the post you were replying to was deleted

Old 07-05-2011, 01:58 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmusicgal View Post
I must be missing something but where in the SA forums has anyone bashed religious threads? Go ahead and post your religious thread if it has something to do with SA. As long as it relates to SA and is in guidelines with TOS you should be allowed to post it.

Also where has anyone bashed any religion in this thread? The only bashing I see is gay bashing which is not cool. Gays are human beings too and deserve to be treated with same respect as straight people.
Bashing any group is against the TOS.

Quote:
Hate speech, racism or bashing of ANY sort will NOT be tolerated.
If you see it, report it.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:06 PM

1,707 posts, read 2,982,848 times
I personally don't attend gay pride parades, but for some people they mean a lot. Being together with others who understand what it feels like to be LGBT is very comforting. Gays can't help who they are attracted to. They can't just change who they love. How would you like it if someone told you that you are disgusting, immoral, and bound to be sent to hell for loving who you love? On top of this, many LGBT have been lived their lives treated like total outcasts.. American society is becoming more and more understanding of homosexuals/transgender people but still there is quite a bit of discrimination.

Just to let you know, I'm a gay man. I spent most of my younger life praying to be straight. I wanted to date girls and have a wife and have a typical family just like everyone else. But unfortunately it wouldn't work out because I'm not attracted to women. The feelings are just not there. It's a natural part of me because it's not something I can change. Saying you don't agree with who I am is meaningless. It's like me saying I don't agree with the fact that you have brown hair.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:30 PM

502 posts, read 934,091 times
Lol at the ignorant comments... But let me clarify on my comments, I'm not a homophobe or a racist. I have a few childhood friends that turned out to be gay, but they choose to keep it to themselves. If were out chilln I don't have to censor my words like gay *** *****...they take no offense. Unlike these gays lately you can't say **** around them cause right away they cry and scream offense and start doing what most did in this thread start throwing around the words ignorant. just like minorities you gays deserve no extra or special treatment so spread the word amongst your peers to stop acting like society owes you something for being gay. there's no need to have these events and parade yourself all it does is harm the lifestyle and give gays a bad rep. How would it look if straights held a event about being straight? I'm sure there will be some fools doing things gays won't approve of... I don't mean to bash it's just hard to word things and I'm in a rush.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:55 PM

6,705 posts, read 8,771,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeptech210 View Post
Lol at the ignorant comments... But let me clarify on my comments, I'm not a homophobe or a racist. I have a few childhood friends that turned out to be gay, but they choose to keep it to themselves. If were out chilln I don't have to censor my words like gay *** *****...they take no offense. Unlike these gays lately you can't say **** around them cause right away they cry and scream offense and start doing what most did in this thread start throwing around the words ignorant. just like minorities you gays deserve no extra or special treatment so spread the word amongst your peers to stop acting like society owes you something for being gay. there's no need to have these events and parade yourself all it does is harm the lifestyle and give gays a bad rep. How would it look if straights held a event about being straight? I'm sure there will be some fools doing things gays won't approve of... I don't mean to bash it's just hard to word things and I'm in a rush.
Special treatment? Where?

You think your gay friends may not care but maybe they just don't feel the need to isolate themselves any more than they may already have every time you crack jokes like that.

If you truly had gay friends as you claim you do, I doubt you would be as insensitive to orientation status as you are being now.

I have learned to stop listening after someone feels the need to clarify that they are not racist because that statement is usually followed by another statement that usually is racist.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:42 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,399,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAguy View Post
That's too funny. Just wondering, what research was done to make you believe that gay people sleep around more than hetrosexuals? I also find it quite interesting how narrow minded people such as yourself continue to post and follow threads that don't pertain to you.
bwahahaha! Are you serious with this question? Come on. Really? Is it that difficult for you to figure out the math and testosterone levels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
Might as well get this in before it's all locked up again...

I'm gay, but I don't do pride events. Never have, never will. I have pride in myself, my life, my existence and don't need a stripper on a float (or even disco diva Martha Wash) to tell me as much. I've always felt that most pride events paint the wrong picture of my community. Those aren't the people I associate with. The nightlife scene bores the s*it out of me. Drag has been done and overdone. San Antonio, thanks to a variety of factors both within and outside the gay community, feels extremely pre-Stonewall. I could go into particulars, but it's really not worth the trouble in this forum. I'm glad people had fun at this year's event and that it was a peaceful gathering. Always a good thing.

BN
BN, I don't always agree with you on things, but this post, especially the words I put in bold, is/are my favorite by far. I 100% agree with you, and as a former hag myself I know just what you're talking about.

Excellently stated.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:12 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
learned a new term today.. thanks

and I usually totally agree with almost everything BN posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio