U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 03:08 PM

5,623 posts, read 6,407,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Irish View Post
I wouldn't put too much stock into what that cat says. And who cares what gays do honestly? Just keep your gayness out of my face and it'll be okay. If you get in my face with gayness then you will have an angry whiteboy in yours. Prime example-was at a grill and two gays were all over each other hugging and kissing. There were kids around and everyone was staring and it was a lil too much gayness going on. The manager asked them to leave and then everyone went back to eating. That is what I mean by keeping your gayness out of my face. Do that behind closed doors gays, thanks
Excessive PDA is committed by both "gays" and straight people. Either way, too much of it is uncalled for.

My personal experience is that I see a lot of lesbians in this city all over each other in public and I find it quite gross.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:18 PM

7,648 posts, read 8,094,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
no... sorry.. it means exactly what i quoted. you are using it in a slang / non-traditional sense.

sorry, you are just wrong on this one.

in fact, merriam-websters lists the #1 definition of homophobia as an irrational fear of.

furthermore, phobia, in the traditional sense, is also defined as the irrational fear of something.

i reiterate. no one is scared of homosexuals, especially when they are the very, very, very small minority in this great country.
Continue to spin this however you want but the rest of that definition on mirriam-webster says "aversion to, or discrimination against"

No one is saying anyone is showing fear; just aversion to and discrimination against

Old 07-06-2011, 03:26 PM

575 posts, read 1,259,585 times
Quote:
Religious dont hate gays, we just dont care for your lifestyle choices.
Do you realize that is basically saying you hate gays? You dislike their lifestyle which is a big part of who they are. Gays didn't choose to be gay, they were born that way. They didn't wake up one day and say hey I want to be gay today. If you were a true Christian you would love thy neighbor like GOD says. Also stop hiding your fears about homosexuality behind your religious beliefs. You give real Christians a bad name when you hate like that. GOD is the only one that can judge, not you or anybody else.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:33 PM

6,878 posts, read 18,177,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmusicgal View Post
Do you realize that is basically saying you hate gays? You dislike their lifestyle which is a big part of who they are. Gays didn't choose to be gay, they were born that way. They didn't wake up one day and say hey I want to be gay today. If you were a true Christian you would love thy neighbor like GOD says. Also stop hiding your fears about homosexuality behind your religious beliefs. You give real Christians a bad name when you hate like that. GOD is the only one that can judge, not you or anybody else.

It's difficult to explain Christianity to those who will not listen, and that's "most everybody", including me, and including you, based on what you've just written. It's not about judgement; it's about following God's law, as best as we know in our hearts. Jesus tells us to love one another--but he also warns us about being around and supporting those that would change our hearts. So...just keep that in mind. I still love my gay friends...just from a distance.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:40 PM

575 posts, read 1,259,585 times
Quote:
while im all for equal rights, for you to want to silence the majority (heterosexual couples) because it doesnt suit your ideals is plain wrong and intolerant.

re: expression of affection. no, its not. one is natural, the other isnt

why not?
You are doing the same thing to homosexuals which is just plain wrong and intolerant. You're not for equal rights for all because if you were it wouldn't bother you if same sex couples are holding hands and kissing in public. It doesn't matter who is a minority or a majority. Everybody deserves the same civil rights and equality for all. If straights can make out in public homosexuals should be allowed to do the same thing.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:08 PM

4,148 posts, read 4,704,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
It's difficult to explain Christianity to those who will not listen, and that's "most everybody", including me, and including you, based on what you've just written. It's not about judgement; it's about following God's law, as best as we know in our hearts. Jesus tells us to love one another--but he also warns us about being around and supporting those that would change our hearts. So...just keep that in mind. I still love my gay friends...just from a distance.
Never let your devotion to your religion prevent you from doing what is morally correct. - Me, today

Old 07-06-2011, 04:11 PM

5,623 posts, read 6,407,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
M2F:

I enjoy reading your posts most of the time but I feel the need to speak up.

I am sorry but when you call someone an "ugly mofo" as you stated in the other thread regarding the teen who killed over a video game, I have a hard time believing that itself is Christian-like.

I mean no disrespect to you personally but that is my main issue with Christians because so many of them say or do things that are totally against basic Christian principals.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:22 PM

4,148 posts, read 4,704,619 times
m2F:

Southern Decadence does not represent the gay people any more than Madi Gras represents the straight community. Any moron knows that.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:55 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,330,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
M2F:

I am sorry but when you call someone an "ugly mofo" as you stated in the other thread regarding the teen who killed over a video game, I have a hard time believing that itself is Christian-like.

I mean no disrespect to you personally but that is my main issue with Christians because so many of them say or do things that are totally against basic Christian principals.
Touche sir. Touche.

That's always been my issue with those who 'live by the book.' In the end, they simply cannot live it in whole. People end up picking and choosing what suits them best (sometimes even passage for passage), turning the whole ordeal into a 'do as I say, not as I do' situation. Not pointing fingers here at anyone- Just putting into words what happens all too frequently in this world. If you're using the bible as a jumping point, you've got some lofty rules to live by...

http://www.bspcn.com/2009/06/23/11-t...you-do-anyway/

And, thanks to the minds at the BBC, a little more reading for those religiously inclined: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/3205727.stm

BN

Old 07-06-2011, 06:55 PM

6,878 posts, read 18,177,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Never let your devotion to your religion prevent you from doing what is morally correct. - Me, today
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
M2F:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
Touche sir. Touche.

That's always been my issue with those who 'live by the book.' In the end, they simply cannot live it in whole. People end up picking and choosing what suits them best (sometimes even passage for passage), turning the whole ordeal into a 'do as I say, not as I do' situation. Not pointing fingers here at anyone- Just putting into words what happens all too frequently in this world. If you're using the bible as a jumping point, you've got some lofty rules to live by...

11 Things The Bible Bans, But You Do Anyway | The Best Article Every day

And, thanks to the minds at the BBC, a little more reading for those religiously inclined: BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | What does the Bible actually say about being gay?

BN
There is one thing you are all forgetting in your finger-pointing: we are all sinners in God's eyes. I am not perfect, but I do try, each day, to live as He would want me to. Does that include calling someone an "ugly mofo"? Well, probably not, but I didn't mean it sincerely--I meant it to be funny. What it DOES include is me spreading the Word by my daily actions with my friends, family, and people around me. And sure, that would include you all as well. If that's what you guys have to use as ammunition against me, that's fine, just never forget that Christians fight battles within themselves every single day. We are no better than anyone else, but personally speaking, I TRY to do what is right. It's easy to portray Christians as hypocrites, but what you're not getting is, most Christians aren't. We're trying to be Christ-like, but because we are not Christ, we are bound to fail. The difference is, we keep trying. We are commanded and compelled to do so.

It's not about religion, thenewtexan, though your little phrase was...cute. It's about faith, belief, and values. And if I think things are wrong based on those ideals, I am going to speak up about it. You may agree or not, and that's your right. Respect mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio