Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2011, 06:01 AM

3 posts, read 5,224 times

Advertisements

We are new residents to San Antonio from Virginia and have tried to visit many different type places and restaurants as possible in the past several months. Yesterday we had brunch (which I might add was excellent) at a place called Boehler's by the Pearl Brewery. My wife and I were driving on 281 S and this old leaning building caught our eye so we thought we would give it a try. Upon exiting 281 we noticed an older woman upstairs on the porch dressed in very old fashioned clothing that gave us a slight nod as we pulled into the parking lot. We really put the incident out of our minds but before we left we couldn't help but ask about the woman on the porch--we suggested it was a nice touch or used the term attraction to lure customers into the restaurant. The young gentleman waiting on us stated he did not know what we were talking about but since he had been working there he had encountered different occurences that could not be explained. He stated the building has been owned by the same family since 1890 and that a paranormal group did spend the whole night there last year. Didn't know if anyone else had experienced anything strange in this building or had heard previous tales since we are new to the city? All in all we had very enjoyable meal and visit and plan to return again.

Last edited by ron_sheffield; 07-25-2011 at 06:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 06:38 AM

950 posts, read 1,259,174 times
I know the building you are talking about. It used to be the Liberty bar and Grill, but they moved.Not sure what is in that space now. However, this is the first time i heard the place was haunted.

Old 07-25-2011, 06:42 AM

1,220 posts, read 2,681,571 times
That's really cool. That old building is a popular hangout here in SA...and apparently the unearthly occupant wanted to welcome you to the city!

Old 07-25-2011, 08:11 AM

993 posts, read 2,490,731 times
Where in Virginia do you relocate from? I lived in Fairfax County until Sept 2008.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:18 AM

3 posts, read 5,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newk View Post
Where in Virginia do you relocate from? I lived in Fairfax County until Sept 2008.
Hello..we are retired military from Virginia Beach area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio