Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 03:18 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
This is very sad but- Rd's running commentaries are beginning to read like a bunch of static in this age of digital media.
A lot of noise and little else in the way of substance.
Michigan was a horrible place by the way......I mean really a truly, miserable, locale. Polluted, gray, overcast, dismal, rainy place with an over abundance of rusted automobiles and extremely horrid road conditions- and a lot of unemployed persons. That is in the summertime.
Gee, another one bringing up something OT and trying to hurt me by attacking my home state. Lame is the word that comes to mind. Great job What does any of that have to do with the topic? I'm sure you'll deny any of the incidents in SA ever happened. So how is life behind the curtain anyhow?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 06:37 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,987,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Where are the lies?????

Crime happens here. It's not debatable. We live here. We talk about crime HERE. Why do these threads always have to turn into pissing contests between the Chamber of Commerce vs. Anybody that disagrees with the Chamber????
No one is debating whether there is crime here, I think we all understand it exists.

The "lies" are the claims that it is worse in San Antonio than it is everywhere else, or that somehow this is the only place where these kind of things happen. The truth is that neither are true.

And it's nice that you mock people who have a positive attitude towards San Antonio as being "the Chamber of Commerce." There is nothing wrong with being supportive of this city, the vast majority of people who live or visit here love it; and the few who constantly whine and complain about it should really find someplace more suited to them. They'd be doing us all a big favor in doing so...

It must be really horrible to live with such constant negativity...

Old 07-08-2011, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Gee, another one bringing up something OT and trying to hurt me by attacking my home state. Lame is the word that comes to mind. Great job What does any of that have to do with the topic? I'm sure you'll deny any of the incidents in SA ever happened. So how is life behind the curtain anyhow?
What, someone else's opinion of Michigan isn't allowed on here?

Old 07-08-2011, 06:58 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times
It has absolutely nothing to do with the topic... please try to keep up.

thanks

Old 07-08-2011, 07:49 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,776,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Bull, this stuff happens in every major city in the country; a quick Google search showed similar incidents recently happening in Boston, Los Angeles (http://laist.com/2011/07/04/cyclist_killed_in_hit-and-run.php - broken link), Little Rock, Columbia, S.C (http://www.thestate.com/2011/06/24/1872230/troopers-seek-driver-in-hit-and.html - broken link) and even in your beloved Michigan!

It's a disgusting act but nothing unique to San Antonio. It's like the urban myth that Texas has the worst uninsured motorists rates in the country. A 2009 Insurance Research Council study showed the five states with the highest uninsured driver estimates were Mississippi (28 %), New Mexico (26 %), Tennessee (24 %), Oklahoma (24 %), and Florida (24 %). Texas was ranked 19th in the nation at 15%, and was lower than all the states that surround it sans Louisiana. It was also very close to the national average of 13.8%.

Yes, it could be much better; but falsely claiming that things are worse here than anywhere else is only going to lead some of us to actually research the issue and provide evidence to what the real truth is!
You keep saying these are facts when in fact these numbers are estimated. Simply put, facts can not be estimated.

I am willing to bet Texas numbers are much higher.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:07 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,801,375 times
I'm telling ya'll....we need to start a vigilante mob to handle such issues. Police are obviously overwhelmed setting up speed traps on 1604/Braun. FYI- They were popping folks left and right there yesterday so be on the lookout. You know where it is...where it drops from 70 to 55 in a heartbeat. You just have to be aware at all times of your surroundings whether you are in a car or not. These fools seem to be everywhere.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:20 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,664,867 times
This whole country is turning into a cesspool by the day.....who can question that fact?

Old 07-08-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
You keep saying these are facts when in fact these numbers are estimated. Simply put, facts can not be estimated.
Estimates based on facts, a lot better than those based on speculation or random observation.

Quote:
I am willing to bet Texas numbers are much higher.
Wait, you're critisizing estimates based on fact; then turn around and claim the numbers are much higher without any supporting proof?!? Fail.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
It has absolutely nothing to do with the topic... please try to keep up.

thanks
It is relative, if you were paying attention you will realize that a comparison was made because you insinuate that these types of incidents are so unique to San Antonio. I provided proof that they actually occur in your beloved Michigan as well () and someone else provided their firsthand experience of living there.

Sorry if you disagree with others' opinions, but they're allowed to post them here as well...

You're welcome!

Old 07-08-2011, 09:41 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,776,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Estimates based on facts, a lot better than those based on speculation or random observation.

Wait, you're critisizing estimates based on fact; then turn around and claim the numbers are much higher without any supporting proof?!? Fail.
So where is the fact?

I never said I am right but I am willing to bet that the numbers are higher. Unless you can dig up the actual facts that support your own claim I still think the numbers are too low!

Anyone can say "well I estimate that 90% of Americans enjoy hot dogs based on facts" but where are the facts? I dont see any.

So come on. Where are the facts that back up your own claim?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio