U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2011, 08:53 AM

5 posts, read 6,678 times

Advertisements

We are going to be moving to SA from Minnesota. I am trying to decide if it is worth it to bring my ATV or to try and sell it before we move.

Are there a lot of free type trails to ride in the area? I have done some searching but not knowing the area it is hard to tell.

Thanks for any info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 09:39 AM

8,400 posts, read 20,171,634 times
Unfortunately, no. This was one of the disappointments I had when we moved to Texas and I bought my Jeep, something like 98% of the land here is privately owned and inaccessible by the general public. There are a few off-road parks but most are not near SA, Cline Ranch near Medina Lake is probably the closest but they only allow groups to ride the trails and then it's with a guide. It's a nice place to wheel but it definitely requires some coordination beforehand, and it's not free ($30/day for a driver and passenger in a Jeep).

There is also Buffalo Valley MX park east of SA, but I've not been there so I can't tell you much about it other than what I see on the web ("1/2 Mile Motocross Track designed specifically for ATV's. 13 jumps, 5 High banked turns, Sprinkler system, perfect for beginers to intermediate riders. No woops, or dangerous technical jumps. Table tops, stepups, and doubles only. Table tops are from 20 ft to 65 ft in length. Also, there is an ATV woods trail with elevation gains and creek frontage."). According to their web site, it's $10 per rider.

You can try checking out this list of places to ATV in Texas but the unfortunate reality is that given the propensity for most people to fence off their property, there aren't many places to go off-road in any kind of vehicle in the SA area! I think most people that own ATVs here use them on their property or for hunting.

Otherwise, welcome to SA!

Cheers! M2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio