U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 03:22 PM

2,261 posts, read 3,402,595 times

Advertisements

I just saw a SAWS truck sitting in front of my neighbor's house. My neighbor's lawn is lush and green. All the time. Even now. Everyone else on the street waters legally and our lawns are not so lush and not so green. I'm not saying the guy's a water cheat but there is something going on over there. I'm hoping he's using that organic spray paint to keep his yard so green.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 04:16 PM

2,909 posts, read 2,429,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
I just saw a SAWS truck sitting in front of my neighbor's house. My neighbor's lawn is lush and green. All the time. Even now. Everyone else on the street waters legally and our lawns are not so lush and not so green. I'm not saying the guy's a water cheat but there is something going on over there. I'm hoping he's using that organic spray paint to keep his yard so green.
Does your neighbor have a lot of trees/shade? I have a lot of oak and pecan trees and it keeps my grass from drying out as quickly as my neighbors.

They probably think I am cheating but I water on my allocated days only and my grass is much greener than theirs.

I did report a neighbor because he has not fixed one of his leaking automatic sprinkler heads and water just keeps trickling down the street all day and night. It has been like that for about three months now.

The sprinkler head still has not been repaired so I doubt saws cares about it despite the fact I reported it.

Before I get attacked, yes I mentioned it to him first and he just rolled his eyes and said he will get to it and that was three months ago. No need to waste water like that, if you are going to waste water then at least use it for something useful, not letting it flow down the street.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:36 PM

775 posts, read 892,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
"Sitting in front of neighbor's house with A/C on and idling.......". Anyone else wonder the "carbon footprint" is of the water police?

Old 07-11-2011, 04:39 PM

1,814 posts, read 811,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
"Sitting in front of neighbor's house with A/C on and idling.......". Anyone else wonder the "carbon footprint" is of the water police?
who cares? its probably minuscule. also, how do you know his car was on and idle with the AC going? you dont.

that being said, my lawn is mostly green due to me hand-watering on mon,wed,fri, the only days (if i remember correctly) you can water on stage 3. or was it monday/friday only? idk, but i only hand water and for 15 minutes tops.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:15 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,740,148 times
I wonder if the SAWS Idiots will let up any after yesterday's rain, but after reading this thread they seemingly are the Water Taliban for all I know.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:04 PM

6,868 posts, read 12,871,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhugeliang1 View Post
I wonder if the SAWS Idiots will let up any after yesterday's rain, but after reading this thread they seemingly are the Water Taliban for all I know.
Not all of us got rain though (sitting here pouting over it)

Old 07-11-2011, 08:47 PM

28 posts, read 45,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusQer View Post
I received a notice today, says "watering on a Saturday observed" and nothing else. It said I will receive my citation in the mail shortly.

I'm pretty sure the citation is wrong, my sprinkler's timer is accurate. I do have a manual drip irrigation system, though, and that is permitted b/w 8-10PM any day. I use it two or three times a week for trees and shrubs.

My question for others: have you fought the citations? Does SAWS present proof of the validity of their citation?
We received the same letter almost 2 years ago now. It said we had been watering on 'the wrong day', but the date they quoted was so far in the past and was also the same week we moved into the house - so we truly didn't know whether or not we had accidentally watered on the wrong day before we got the sprinklers set up 'properly' or whether they had driven past before we even had the keys and maybe the builders had had them running.

Anyway, just commenting because out letter also said we would receive our citation 'shortly'; it took *8 months* - by the time it arrived we had totally forgotten about it and hubby (whose name everything is in) was deployed and long gone. They refused to talk to me on the phone and told me a POA couldn't act in these matters. So I had to have his boss write me a letter that I sent to the court explaining the situation. They then wrote back and said he could disregard the court date (good job!) and he was hereby on probation for 3 months. Of course he knew nothing about it till he got home 6 months later

Old 07-11-2011, 09:23 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,234,880 times
I'm just wondering what the effects of those watering hours are on electrical usage across the area. Since many don't have programmable automatic watering systems and some people might get up early and turn on the outside lights before the sun comes up so they can water. Or do it in the evening after the sun sets...again more lights on then than usual too. Higher bills, more strain on the electrical grid? Also, how much money will S.A. rake in as far as fines?

Old 07-11-2011, 09:38 PM

89 posts, read 93,980 times
Sounds like the folks at the water district need to get lost. I would do everything i could to see that none of my taxes or votes went towards increasing or sustaining the scope and power of these dorks.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:52 PM

1,720 posts, read 2,852,011 times
holy crap, no wonder the jails are packed, people are going to the slammer for watering their lawns....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio