U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Unread 09-15-2011, 09:14 AM
 
Location: South Texas
695 posts, read 642,815 times
Reputation: 393
If you had a leak w/o your knowledge at your house and your water bill ended up being really high for one month, would SAWS give you a break on your bill if you contact them?
Quick reply to this message

 
Unread 09-15-2011, 11:13 AM
 
78 posts, read 65,282 times
Reputation: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro72 View Post
If you had a leak w/o your knowledge at your house and your water bill ended up being really high for one month, would SAWS give you a break on your bill if you contact them?
If you get it fixed. Call their customer service.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 09-15-2011, 11:27 AM
 
Location: South Texas
695 posts, read 642,815 times
Reputation: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardamir View Post
If you get it fixed. Call their customer service.
And they will give you a credit?
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 09-15-2011, 11:27 AM
 
Location: Round Rock, TX
225 posts, read 574,067 times
Reputation: 111
This is why I do hand watering. Allowed any time, any day. Of course, I also don't water my lawn but every two or 3 weeks lol.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 09-15-2011, 11:54 AM
Bo
 
Location: San Antonio
14,022 posts, read 18,797,318 times
Reputation: 8841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro72 View Post
And they will give you a credit?
If you fax them a receipt for a plumbing repair that indicates a leak, yes, they will credit.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 09-15-2011, 12:41 PM
 
Location: New Braunfels, TX
3,955 posts, read 3,701,423 times
Reputation: 3081
IIRC, they'll even extend the credit if you can show you did the repair yourself. It's been a long time ago, so I don't recall the details - but I had the main supply line burst between the meter and the house. Call SAWS and ask them - they're usually pretty helpful w/this stuff!
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 09-29-2011, 09:55 AM
RGJ
 
1,897 posts, read 2,283,950 times
Reputation: 814
SAWS readily admits to targeting properties on the north side since that is where the most consumption is and people tend to have sprinkler system malfunctions. This is just plain wrong

Trouble Shooters uncover where the most water tickets are issued|WOAI: San Antonio News
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 09-29-2011, 10:09 AM
 
3,571 posts, read 4,724,421 times
Reputation: 1341
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGJ View Post
SAWS readily admits to targeting properties on the north side since that is where the most consumption is and people tend to have sprinkler system malfunctions. This is just plain wrong

Trouble Shooters uncover where the most water tickets are issued|WOAI: San Antonio News
What's wrong about focusing on the area with the biggest problem? Why waste resources patrolling an area of low water use, which suggests people are already following the restrictions. Seems perfectly logical to me and a reasonable use of resources.

And sprinkler malfunctions, though they do not reflect intentional waste of water, DO waste water, and often people do not realize what's happening until it's pointed out to them.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 09-29-2011, 12:24 PM
 
Location: san antonio texas
1,814 posts, read 590,933 times
Reputation: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
What's wrong about focusing on the area with the biggest problem? Why waste resources patrolling an area of low water use, which suggests people are already following the restrictions. Seems perfectly logical to me and a reasonable use of resources.

And sprinkler malfunctions, though they do not reflect intentional waste of water, DO waste water, and often people do not realize what's happening until it's pointed out to them.
nothing.

hand watering has its perks during stage 1 and 2 restrictions
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 09-29-2011, 01:42 PM
RGJ
 
1,897 posts, read 2,283,950 times
Reputation: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
What's wrong about focusing on the area with the biggest problem? Why waste resources patrolling an area of low water use, which suggests people are already following the restrictions. Seems perfectly logical to me and a reasonable use of resources.

And sprinkler malfunctions, though they do not reflect intentional waste of water, DO waste water, and often people do not realize what's happening until it's pointed out to them.
I'm not sure they said it was the biggest problem area, just the area with more consumption. But maybe, more consumption equates to breaking the rules. IDK.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top