Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 07:57 PM

15,913 posts, read 20,136,839 times

Advertisements

????? Just walking on the sidewalk where other people walk and for no reason the dogs broke through a wooden fence and attacked......

Was the dog owner contacted? With the serious injuries was an ambulance called?

File a police report BAH..... I would have called the police on the spot......

If they were as wild and vicious as posted the police would have shot them on the spot........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 07:59 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,343,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
The owners neglect, the owner failed, the owner, the owner, the owner.. so put down the dog. It's like people can't even do simple math. Read all these posts about the different incidents and it keeps coming back to the owner, but the solution is to kill the dog. A few get it, but too many are just having serious issues with basic logic. This is like something you would test the IQ of a 5 year old with..

It's definitely hard being an animal lover around these parts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorgie View Post
Yup, you are correct, special people who care.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Yes! Please sue them and hopefully it will ruin their lives, the way they ruined the lives of these dogs. The dog's only crime was being born. Everything that happened to them after that is our fault.
No offense, but what a load of horse crap! "Hard being an animal lover"? "The only thing these dogs did wrong was being BORN"? Wow. Are you gonna say that when one of these dogs kills a child?

We've all lost our minds. I love my dog, and my cats, but people: they're animals. ANIMALS. We're talking about three rotties that bit a woman and mauled her two dogs. And we're actually discussing whether these dogs have any rights? Really?

LOST our MINDS, I say. Lost our ever-lovin' freaking minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
while i do agree that the owner is more at fault, the dogs have been taught how to act and rehabilitation for them is something that the owners likely wont pay for, so in all reality, the pooches probably should be put down.
Finally some sense! And Glorified Malcontent made sense as well, with the last part of the post especially. The whole culture needs to change, but that doesn't mean in any way these dogs should go back to their owner, or any owner for that matter.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:03 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,612,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
????? Just walking on the sidewalk where other people walk and for no reason the dogs broke through a wooden fence and attacked......
uhm, the OP was walking her dogs. you do know that some dogs will harbor aggression towards other dogs, right? its not breed specific...

Quote:
Was the dog owner contacted? With the serious injuries was an ambulance called?
have you read the thread at all? the rottie's owners paid for the emergency room visit...

Quote:
File a police report BAH..... I would have called the police on the spot......

If they were as wild and vicious as posted the police would have shot them on the spot........
contrary to what you see on the intertubes and tv, cops will not come, guns blazing, when you call them and say a dog just bit me.

also, when you call the police, they come out and you file a report. DUH?

cops will only shoot a dog if its either in the middle of attacking someone or it attacks them. if they respond to a call about a dog bite, chances are theyre not going to shoot the mutt if its not actively mauling someone when they arrive.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:36 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,429,400 times
I live in district 10 and I'll be sure to contact Mr. Soules. The fact that it happened in my area makes it even scarier. Several years ago, a dog killed a MacArthur employee's husband and killed 3 or 4 other dogs. Vicious behavior in humans is usually a combination of genetics and environment; I could imagine the same would also be true for animals. We have the death penalty for humans even though they might have been raised improperly. Some people are beyond repair and I believe the same can be true for animals even though it's not their fault. If I were the one attacked and I had a gun on me, the dog would have been immediately shot anyway.

I thought Texas passed a law awhile back making it a criminal offense when an owner's dog attacks someone. Or maybe not. Your pets attacking someone else should be a crime in of itself even if it's just a Class A or B misdemeanor.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:42 PM

9 posts, read 14,362 times
Some of you people need to read the whole thread before you comment on here. I have no idea why they chose that exact moment to attack us. Remember, my dogs were the ones leashed. I was walking on public property, not trespassing in someone's yard. Some of you act as if my dogs and I caused this. As if we wanted to be attacked on a quiet Sunday morning and have nothing better to do than spend weeks recuperating.

The reason I know the dogs are intact is because the owner came out after the fact and talked to us while we waited for police. And after their initial cooperation, they have point blanked refused to pay for our medical bills or to have their dogs put down.

I went down to ACS today with all my pictures, medical bills, written eyewitness testimonies and they still said the dogs will be released after quarantine. I filled out an agressive dog form and the guy said they'll "get to it" when they can. So yeah, I'm mad. I'm mad that these dogs will be returned to owners who have already proven that they aren't responsible. They'll be returned to owners who have a yard that is directly across from an elementary school. And when they attack again, maybe this time killing or maiming a child, ACS is will finally put them down. It'll be too late for the family of the victims, but we must protect the aggressive dog owners rights first and foremost <sarcasm>.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:06 AM

you should post their address so some kind soul can go by and chuck a few pounds of chocolate in their backyard...

jk :P

Old 07-13-2011, 12:38 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,396,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2payton View Post
Some of you people need to read the whole thread before you comment on here. I have no idea why they chose that exact moment to attack us. Remember, my dogs were the ones leashed. I was walking on public property, not trespassing in someone's yard. Some of you act as if my dogs and I caused this. As if we wanted to be attacked on a quiet Sunday morning and have nothing better to do than spend weeks recuperating.

The reason I know the dogs are intact is because the owner came out after the fact and talked to us while we waited for police. And after their initial cooperation, they have point blanked refused to pay for our medical bills or to have their dogs put down.

I went down to ACS today with all my pictures, medical bills, written eyewitness testimonies and they still said the dogs will be released after quarantine. I filled out an agressive dog form and the guy said they'll "get to it" when they can. So yeah, I'm mad. I'm mad that these dogs will be returned to owners who have already proven that they aren't responsible. They'll be returned to owners who have a yard that is directly across from an elementary school. And when they attack again, maybe this time killing or maiming a child, ACS is will finally put them down. It'll be too late for the family of the victims, but we must protect the aggressive dog owners rights first and foremost <sarcasm>.
Whatever, you do, don't listen to these morons on here who side with the dogs or the owner. They are ludicrous fools. Just ignore 'em.

Good for you in doing what you did to try to bring attention to this! I hope that you will heal soon and feel better soon. I applaud you for trying to bring attention to this as I'm sure it's a very difficult time right now.

Best of luck.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsa210tx View Post
Whatever, you do, don't listen to these morons on here who side with the dogs or the owner. They are ludicrous fools. Just ignore 'em.

Good for you in doing what you did to try to bring attention to this! I hope that you will heal soon and feel better soon. I applaud you for trying to bring attention to this as I'm sure it's a very difficult time right now.

Keep it going.
probably one of the few times we'll agree. the people who are attacking you are being retarded. dont listen to them. follow up with a lawyer, keep on ACS's ass about the mutts, call the media as well.

keep pressure on them and dont back down!

Old 07-13-2011, 03:44 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,298,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsa210tx View Post

Best of luck.
gee, you're calling me a ludicrous fool? We could get into a contest to see who better resembles that statement, but you already won that one...

Old 07-13-2011, 04:01 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,920,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2payton View Post
I need your help, San Antonio. On Sunday morning, my husband and I were walking our dogs on leashes when we were attacked by 3 rottweilers. They broke thru their owners 6 ft tall wooden fence (busted right thru the planks) as we were walking by. They attacked us and our dogs and no matter how many times we kicked them and screamed they would not stop. Luckily some people stopped and with their help we were able to scare the dogs away. I ended getting puntures on my thigh while 2 of my dogs were seriously injured, 1 needing stitches and the other required 2 surgeries.

I did file a police report and animal control "quarantined" 2 of the 3 dogs but I was told yesterday that they will be returned to the owner after 10 days if they didn't have rabies. WTF? What about the fact that they mauled us and ripped my dogs hindquarters to bits? Let me also point out that these people live directly across from an elementary school and children have to walk by their yard every day. What more can I do? I don't want these dogs returned to their owners, but ACS is saying they can't put them down. Help!

sue them for damages, medical, etc.

Inform the school about these dogs and maybe they can get parent support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio