Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 06:37 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,260,130 times

Advertisements

GROSS is GROSS in any language, and Culebra Meat Market is the very definition of GROSS....and disgusting, vile, and filthy. YUCK!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 09:33 PM

4,054 posts, read 5,618,814 times
Whatever people think of them, it would be interesting to hear about why those stores really closed.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:01 PM

42 posts, read 209,751 times
Hehehe Thanks Lee for steering the conversation back as to why they did close (or not open at all).

Old 07-21-2011, 03:53 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,424,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritos56 View Post
Not sure about the Burger king, but the Culebra meat market on nacogdoches up by o'Conner is still open.that's the one open in the plaza with i think Big Lots, or is it Dollar Tree,in the old Krogers location.
There is also on Pat Booker Road a Culebra's in Universal City which has connection to the meat markets, but is a restaurant.
Thanks, I thought so. On their website, they have two locations on Nacogdoches that aren't too far from each other. It doesn't make any sense to me. I think the one that is farther south on Nacogdoches was closed at one point several years ago.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:57 PM

297 posts, read 727,151 times
The Culebra Meat Market on Tezel is NASTY...and the fat girl behind the counter with her skirt hiked up mid-thigh doesnt help it any.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:26 PM

61,259 posts, read 86,144,940 times
The Culebra Meat Market on Goliad near Pecan Valley just received 30 demerits from metro health. One more point and they would've failed.
Asian Eatery, SE Meat Market Rack Up Violations - San Antonio & Texas News Story - KSAT San Antonio (http://www.ksat.com/news/26085599/detail.html - broken link)
Culebra Meat Market at 6565 Babcock barely passed inspection last week with 28 demerits.
Temperature Problems Lead To Several Violations - San Antonio & Texas News Story - KSAT San Antonio (http://www.ksat.com/news/26537244/detail.html - broken link)
The last thing you want to think about when you're grocery shopping is rodent droppings found by a health inspector. Culebra Meat Market off Spriggsdale and Martin Luther King The had 39 demerits on its latest health inspection.
Kitchen Cops: Rat problem at east side meat market|WOAI: San Antonio News
Metro Health just gave Culebra Meat Market on Cupples 40 demerits.
Local Bakery, Restaurant, Meat Market Don't Make Cut - San Antonio & Texas News Story - KSAT San Antonio (http://www.ksat.com/news/25968087/detail.html - broken link)

Culebra Meat Market has pretty bad reputation. I would not buy there anything.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:10 PM

14,637 posts, read 34,910,241 times
It's sad, too....they're situated perfectly to be the "corner store" that is more than just a convenience store. Is it really that hard to clean the place up, get pest control, teach proper food handling techniques to your employees, and sell fresh food? I mean, you're in the grocery business, for God's sake. It's kind of pathetic. I would have thought there was some potential there.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:13 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,612,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
It's sad, too....they're situated perfectly to be the "corner store" that is more than just a convenience store. Is it really that hard to clean the place up, get pest control, teach proper food handling techniques to your employees, and sell fresh food? I mean, you're in the grocery business, for God's sake. It's kind of pathetic. I would have thought there was some potential there.
must be a cultural resistance thing then, seeing as the overwhelming majority of the workers there are non-english speakers who dont even know the most basic phrases in english to service customers.

i guess people who shop there dont mind the filth and debris, rat droppings and roach problems *shrug*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio