U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 10:25 PM

2,651 posts, read 6,506,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06Girly View Post
Also I have something for your cute Civic to run on the 1320, it's GM powered with 4 cylinders and turbo.
. Could it be a twin to my Saab?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 10:36 PM

67 posts, read 85,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
A Z06 would own a civic on a road course, stock or not.

Let me guess, you have a cobalt SS?
I don't own a Colbalt, but I know of one that makes some big power oh say it makes power well into the four digits.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:09 PM

5,623 posts, read 6,408,601 times
Quote:
I don't own a Colbalt, but I know of one that makes some big power oh say it makes power well into the four digits.
Ah well there are several GM 4 banger turbo cars and trucks out there.

My favorite would be the GMC syclone/typhoon.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:02 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,184,110 times
Quote:
Yeah I have a place in a nice area.

Only track racing I do is on a Road Course, no straight line racing for me anymore since not much skill is involved in going straight.

My 2010 Z06 is not stock BTW. Also I have something for your cute Civic to run on the 1320, it's GM powered with 4 cylinders and turbo.
interesting how you chose the bigger of the 2 'evils'

id have a go at you on a twisty course (if we ever get one here) in my volvo, as it has way better suspension than the civic i drive on the 1320.

/civ is pushing 20# boost on e85 and running high 10s on a base tune.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Ah well there are several GM 4 banger turbo cars and trucks out there.

My favorite would be the GMC syclone/typhoon.
.. and theyre all crappy compared to a real turbod 4banger euro, like a saab or volvo...

/hates american cars, all a bunch of crap when put up against an import/euro of equal caliber, in both speed, handling and interior perks.
//most are a pile of crap period, even if you put them up against a daewoo

Old 07-24-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
.. and theyre all crappy compared to a real turbod 4banger euro, like a saab or volvo...

/hates american cars, all a bunch of crap when put up against an import/euro of equal caliber, in both speed, handling and interior perks.
//most are a pile of crap period, even if you put them up against a daewoo
I like both imports and American. I drive a Subaru STi right now with a stage 1 93 map. I would never run an E85 tune for several reasons such as it is hard to find around here and it is basically crap. Any reputable tuner would tell you this.

You should bring your Volvo or civic to AutoX.

Last edited by Azure110; 07-24-2011 at 05:56 PM..

Old 07-24-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
I like both imports and American. I drive a Subaru STi right now with a stage 1 93 map. I would never run an E85 tune for several reasons such as it is hard to find around here and it is basically crap. Any reputable tuner would tell you this.
yeah, that 105 octane gas is crap for turbo cars

will agree with you that its hard to find around here. mech has a pump right next to his house out near 1604/bandera

Quote:
Some Swedish-engineered cars with engine-management systems provide much better fuel economy on E85 than on gasoline; for example, the Saab Aero-X turbocharged concept car produces higher fuel economy and higher power on 100% ethanol (E100) than gasoline through using a higher-compression-ratio engine with advanced SAAB engine-control computers. Another car that has higher power on ethanol is the Koenigsegg CCXR, which on ethanol is the third-most powerful production car, with 1020 hp
E85 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

would love to see your STI hit 1k+ hp on pump gas and not knock to hell and back

Old 07-24-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
yeah, that 105 octane gas is crap for turbo cars

will agree with you that its hard to find around here. mech has a pump right next to his house out near 1604/bandera

E85 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

would love to see your STI hit 1k+ hp on pump gas and not knock to hell and back
I am not aiming to hit 1K+. My car is a DD. Geez. I am not here to get in a pissing match with you.

It takes more than just E85 to hit those numbers. Internal engine modifications at that point but I am going to assume that you know this already. I rarely see DD cars pushing that much power and I know that your civic or Volvo are most likely not hitting these numbers even with 20 pounds of boost. Unless you provide a picture of a dyno run then I will believe you.

I must add that E85 is not always 100+. Numbers have been lower, sometimes higher.

Last edited by Azure110; 07-24-2011 at 06:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio