Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 10:52 AM

381 posts, read 765,655 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, do you know where I can buy some good tires at a reasonable price? I I need some low profile 17 inch tires. What do you think about discount tires? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 11:56 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,767,263 times
Discount Tire has great service...I've been to three of their locations in the last three months and all three were fast and helpful.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Discount Tire has great service...I've been to three of their locations in the last three months and all three were fast and helpful.
Cool thanks. I'll check them out.

Old 07-23-2011, 01:20 PM

7,107 posts, read 11,765,831 times
I'll 2nd Discount Tire - been doin' business w/them for 20+ years, and continue to do so!

A LOT of folks don't know - if you buy a new car you can go to them and buy the tire warranty for the same price as if you'd bought the tires from them! Have some pretty pricey ones' on the wife's XKS - cheap insurance!

Old 07-23-2011, 01:47 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,613,095 times
while cheap, be very careful of discount tires warranty. i had to jump through hoops (and contact their corp office) to get one of mine replaced under warranty that blew. they claimed that my alignment caused it to prematurely fail.

funny part is, when i got the pair from there, they recommended a place to go for an alignment job (i had a very slight lean to the right) which is where i took it right after i left their shop on vance jackson/410.

for me, ive been going to NTB for the better part of 3 years. never had an issue and they always have great deals during every month.

Old 07-23-2011, 08:09 PM

472 posts, read 1,072,233 times
Try The Max on San Pedro,...those guys own a tire distribution center,...so you don't absorb the middle man,...

Old 08-13-2011, 12:30 PM

Discoun tires wanted about $160 for one freaking tire? I paid $116 for my other tires(each). I went ahead and bought one off eBay for $102(shipping included). Now all I need is to find a place to install it.

Old 08-13-2011, 02:18 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,912,344 times
I'll third Discount Tire, we've talked about them in the past but I think some of the threads might no longer be available.

We've been using them for over ten years and have always had excellent service with them. They are definitely the best tire shop in SA, hands down!

And be careful about buying tires online, especially eBay as they do have a "shelf life" and some sellers have been known to sell tires that normal vendors would not because of their age. Plus, if anything goes wrong, who are you going to talk to? I'd pay extra and go to a reputable dealer, as they say there's too much riding on your tires to go cheap on them!

Cheers! M2

Old 08-13-2011, 02:41 PM

6,691 posts, read 8,722,896 times
I just had a flat repaired today. I decided to give Discount Tire another chance since I worked there for almost three years back in my school days.

Well surprise surprise...they scratched my rim again after I repeatedly told the sales guy to tell the tech not to. Never again I will go there now. Seems like their training has gone downhill because communication between the managers/sales and shop employees is poor, their handling of wheels is poor and worse of all they simply don't care enough no matter how hard you stress to them not to damage something.

They are definately the busiest tire shop in town but they are NOT the best anymore. I see a big difference from when I worked there years ago. They got too big for their own good.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:21 PM

11,574 posts, read 13,904,535 times
I've been a Discount Tire fan for years but I must say they have been less than stellar as of late. Made an appointment via their website a few weeks ago for a rotate and balance. Arrived about 15 minutes before my alloted appointment time. They did not get my car into the bay until 45 minutes after my 10am time slot. This was at the N. 281 Location. My first trip on the highway and the think was shaking worse than it was when I brought in.

I had to leave town of a few days so I decided to make another appointment at the new location on 1604 near NW Military. I again arrived about 10 minutes prior to my 9am appointment time only to again wait another 30 minutes for my car to get worked on. Once complete, they brought it out and told me one of the back wheels was way off. Big surprise.

Since they are really the only game in town, I'll continue to go there but in my mind, they are definitely slipping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio