U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 05:25 AM

4,147 posts, read 4,702,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffyfan View Post
I surely do not live in a ghetto. Nor do my friends and family. And we really need to stop using this derogatory term as well.
Fine. Crime infested vs. slightly less crime infested. There. Happy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2011, 12:10 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,183,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
crime, aside from extremely minor traffic infractions, is almost non-existant in my neighborhood.

no real infestations going on here. the worst we get is the random thug coming by with his spray can and messing up my garbage cans.

/yes im watching you, random thug, with my night vision cameras.
//ill catch you out there one night

Old 08-08-2011, 04:02 AM

4 posts, read 4,316 times
Thanks for your info, all of you are helpful.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:23 AM

8,578 posts, read 5,947,553 times
Well, I'm curious. Did you make your trip yet? Where'd you end up staying? Did you enjoy yourselves?

Old 08-08-2011, 07:21 AM

8,400 posts, read 20,103,487 times
I hope they weren't violently mugged staying in one of San Antonio's "ghettos!"

Seriously, they're probably just like the other 4M+ visitors that come to this city every year. They stay downtown, enjoy the Riverwalk, eat at a lot of overpriced restaurants where the food is good, sipped a few margaritas afterward, wandered around the Alamo and hopefully stayed away from the tourist traps across the street from it.

They probably bought some San Antonio memorabilia for themselves and a few select family and friends, thought the weather was nice but too hot, and left with a good impression of our fair city and wondered how nice it would be to actual live here, especially if they're from someplace that gets a lot of snow and ice!

Or at least I hope so!

Cheers! M2

Old 08-08-2011, 07:27 AM

6,257 posts, read 8,985,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Sounds to me like someone needs to revise the kinds of places they frequent!

Old 08-08-2011, 07:43 AM

8,400 posts, read 20,103,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Sounds to me like someone needs to revise the kinds of places they frequent!
Well, I think "ghetto" doesn't necessarily refer to a place as much as it does people!

I equate it people who claim there's nothing to do in San Antonio, or no fun to be had here. Many times it's not the city that's to blame for their situation, but themselves!

People are a product of their environment. Choose badly, and get the expected outcome!

Old 08-22-2011, 06:44 AM

Visited San Antonio and looked for myself. Still it would be nice to have specific areas to avoid mentioned by someone who lives there. That way when I do move (due to husbands job) I will know what NOT to look for.
Thanks all of you.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:56 AM

6,257 posts, read 8,985,070 times
In all honesty, most of the places you'd want to avoid will be pretty apparent in their appearance. I'd hesitate to point out specific areas of town to avoid, because in many cases there are "pockets" of good/bad - and it would be unfair to say it's all one way or another, IMO.

I travel all over SA almost daily, and even in some of the "lesser" neighborhoods, there are some absolutely wonderful people/places!

Old 08-27-2011, 01:31 PM

TexasRedNeck, that sounds absolutely reasonable to me. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio