Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 07:44 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,455,013 times

Advertisements

I guess AS the client who got what she wanted (fast deal, good price) I would have a "Sellers" perspective on what we got and how quickly vs someone trying to drum up business.

I was responding to the OP request for info, and for an agent to reply would offer a professional opinion, not a SELLERS RESULTS kind of reply.

ALL agents will promise the moon....but "i'll respect you in the morning" or "the check is in the mail" promises have a TOUGH time when put up against ACTUAL RESULTS in this market.

Talk is cheap, results are FACTS!

EVERYONE I know has a great result/story about the agent that helped them find their dream house, SELLING in this market is the TRUE test of a great agent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 09:14 PM

487 posts, read 1,118,001 times
The right price and luck of the draw has a whole lot to do with it too.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:05 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCF's Wife View Post
After having been a part of many, many deals (cash deals) , let's address the elephant that's in the room.Truth be told, there was money left on the table with this deal. Any home that sells in short time in that area was priced too low. Period. Any talk about great agent, highest price in the area, blah blah blah is BS.
Your agent will never admit it, but there was more money to be made. Sorry.
No need for a realtor, sell it yourself. Use an attorney for the contractual details. It only gets easier and easier with every deal we make.
Oh well, as long as you're happy, I guess that is what really counts.
I don't agree with your entire post but certainly agree that a realtor is not always needed.

When I bought my house, both the buyer(me) and seller skipped the real estate agent and used an attorney for the contractual stuff. For the most part, it was pretty easy and wouldn't hesitate to do it again that way. Usually doesn't happen that way because the seller is already tied into a contract with a real estate agent before you look at a house.

I still used a home inspector and two different apprasials (one was through the bank giving me the loan) before making the final decision to buy the house.

Anyone can show a house but the paperwork and other processes involved is where the agent makes it easier for most people out there. You can sell a house without an agent as long you educate yourself and use an attorney for the contract details if it is worth saving a little bit more money to you.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:19 AM

7 posts, read 18,941 times
Quote:
Truth be told, there was money left on the table with this deal. Any home that sells in short time in that area was priced too low. Period.
That's what I was wondering and that's why I asked the question I asked.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:29 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,427,991 times
Quote:
After having been a part of many, many deals (cash deals) , let's address the elephant that's in the room.Truth be told, there was money left on the table with this deal. Any home that sells in short time in that area was priced too low. Period. Any talk about great agent, highest price in the area, blah blah blah is BS.
Your agent will never admit it, but there was more money to be made. Sorry. Realtors like to use feel-good words like "priced right" or "we got the highest price in the area" to placate folks.
No need for a realtor, sell it yourself. Use an attorney for the contractual details. It only gets easier and easier with every deal we make.
Oh well, as long as you're happy, I guess that is what really counts.
Those who can, do. Those who can't, act like they know what they're talking about.

I've probably only sold $50,000,000 more in real estate than you, so while I may just be some inexperienced loser, my clients understand that I know what I'm doing.

Don't so much care what you think. You've got very little credit on this board anyway.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieS View Post
That's what I was wondering and that's why I asked the question I asked.
What you fail to understand is that a buyer can make an offer for $100,000 more than the house is worth, but if they're getting a loan, it HAS to appraise or the deal dies.

Buyer's are smart and won't overpay, but my sellers are also smart and know what they need out of the house to make it worth selling. The highest sale in the area is the highest sale in the area. According to YOUR logic, EVERY house in there that sold left money on the table.

Except the exact same floorplan down the street that's still for sale for much less.

Most people that comment on real estate really don't have any knowledge of the market. Looking at a few homes online and in your neighborhood does not make you an expert. Becoming proficient in this is a full time job.

I always welcome newcomers into the business. If it's so easy, get your license and do it. There are about 9000 Realtors in SA. Only about 5% of them do any amount of business.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
What you fail to understand is that a buyer can make an offer for $100,000 more than the house is worth, but if they're getting a loan, it HAS to appraise or the deal dies.
But if a house is priced too low and somebody offers full price it's going to appraise, right? Am I missing or not understanding something?

Old 08-17-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieS View Post
But if a house is priced too low and somebody offers full price it's going to appraise, right? Am I missing or not understanding something?
Correct. But if you price it too high it won't. The key is pricing it correctly. Not too low. Not too high.

A quick sale doesn't mean that the house was priced too low. If I had to hold the house for longer, then people would say it's priced too high. The key to selling real estate is knowing how to price and present a house. The house down the street with the same floorplan was MUCH cheaper and is still for sale.

Old 08-17-2011, 03:22 PM

Am I the only one who's curious to know where that house is?

Old 08-17-2011, 05:02 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
I guess AS the client who got what she wanted (fast deal, good price) I would have a "Sellers" perspective on what we got and how quickly vs someone trying to drum up business.

I was responding to the OP request for info, and for an agent to reply would offer a professional opinion, not a SELLERS RESULTS kind of reply.

ALL agents will promise the moon....but "i'll respect you in the morning" or "the check is in the mail" promises have a TOUGH time when put up against ACTUAL RESULTS in this market.

Talk is cheap, results are FACTS!

EVERYONE I know has a great result/story about the agent that helped them find their dream house, SELLING in this market is the TRUE test of a great agent.
What your agent did was find someone that was willing to pay more than values of comparables. Sounds like the buyer (or buyers agent) didn't do his/her homework.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio