U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 07:34 AM

14,613 posts, read 31,142,856 times

Advertisements

Hickory Farms and the Dallas Cowboys Fan Shop are both hiring at Ingram Park Mall.

Job Openings at Ingram Park Mall in San Antonio, TX | Mall Jobs

Check snagajob.com--tons of hourly, entry-level stuff on there.
Check craigslist also, but beware--if it sounds too good to be true ($35000 a year for part-time secretary, Monday afternoons only) trust me, it is.

Good luck. My first job was at Burger King. It taught me a lot of things, the most important being I didn't ever want to work fast food again. But I learned to be on time, show up looking good and ready to work, and that other people were depending on me to do my fair share. Hope you find something!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 07:36 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,814 posts, read 33,128,139 times
Domino's hires 16 year-olds to be CSRs, but drivers there must be 18. Try other pizza places, too.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:04 AM

5,142 posts, read 11,446,140 times
Your high school might be a good resource. Before the end of the school year, the school will make announcements on companies that are hiring and sometimes use students to work at the school district. My first job was as an office clerk at a local school district for the summer. We had Fridays off, wore professional dress code, learned to answer the phone, transfer calls, file, make copies. Always had a office job ever since if that's the kind of field that interests you.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:12 AM

39 posts, read 76,754 times
Lots of great memories from working at both Six Flags over Texas - Arlington and Six Flags Fiesta, Texas. Especially, going to the UTSA parking lot really late after work to play rollerblade hockey

Old 08-02-2011, 12:49 PM

502 posts, read 813,258 times
Bill millers! That job will yeah you a few things! Plus starting pay at some is 9 bucks an hr! That's some coin for a 16 yr old!

Old 08-02-2011, 01:53 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,582,792 times
Get a lawn mower, weed eater, extension cord, and make up flyers and distribute them in your neighborhood. That was our job in the summer and if you do a good job they always call you back. I always targeted the little old ladies because they paid well plus gave me sandwiches and gatorades. Good luck.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:06 PM

1 posts, read 3,826 times
First of all, congratulations on good punctuation, spelling and grammar! It's good to see, for a change, especially from a young person.

If I were a young person now, I would start doing my own thing and charge by the job. For example, get a pressure washer and advertise, advertise, advertise your services. Ask your clients to recommend you to their friends.

Dog walking may be a good way to earn money, and/or scooping poop. I imagine there are a lot of people willing to pay for things like that.

The secret is getting the word out, then being the best one out there doing that kind of job.

Good luck!

Old 08-02-2011, 04:10 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,183,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo View Post
I believe Bill Miller's hires 16 year olds.

When I was in high school, there were lots of retired people in my neighborhood, I made good money mowing lawns, raking leaves, cleaning gutters, cleaning flower beds, putting turbine covers on/off, changing the time on all the clocks/vcrs.

It is hard for kids to mow lawns these days with all companies with grown men mowing lawns.
mowing lawns, leaves, landscaping... pretty much anything that has to do with lawn care has been taken care of (in this city) by droves of hispanics and illegal aliens.

you might have some luck in the more well-to-do neighborhoods with lawn care, but even they have their own (usually) lawn care guy that they already go to.

but hey, if you can offer a competitive price, you could probably snake away a few clients from them!

Old 08-02-2011, 04:14 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,183,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBrennand View Post
First of all, congratulations on good punctuation, spelling and grammar! It's good to see, for a change, especially from a young person.

If I were a young person now, I would start doing my own thing and charge by the job. For example, get a pressure washer and advertise, advertise, advertise your services. Ask your clients to recommend you to their friends.

pretty much this. find something you like doing that has a relatively low start-up cost, print up some flyers and business cards and get to passing them out.

however, much like lawn services, detailing businesses are plentiful here and youd be hard-pressed to find clients willing to switch over to you.

service sells though!
Quote:

Dog walking may be a good way to earn money, and/or scooping poop. I imagine there are a lot of people willing to pay for things like that.
youd be shocked at how many people advertise services like this on craigslist.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:43 PM

55 posts, read 93,636 times
I've submitted an application online to H-E-B but there's something I'm not sure about. After I completed the application I was prompted to complete a questionnaire and it said that it was necessary to even be considered for the job. After I completed it I was given an error message so I'm not even sure the questionnaire went through. When I go back to HEB's site and try to see it says that I've already applied so I think it might have went through but I'm not completely sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio