U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 02:39 PM

320 posts, read 933,132 times

Advertisements

Here is a South Park clip that aptly captures this event in their typical crude style.

It's Coming Right For Us (Season 1, Episode 3) - Video Clips - South Park Studios
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 02:47 PM

5,619 posts, read 12,918,015 times
You city bleeding hearts kill me with yer comments. Anybody that has property in the country already knows a bear is a protected species. Did any of you ever think that they called the game warden so they could get the FRESH animal to Texas A&M for analysis? Probably not. While you arm chair generals are deciding that the land owner should be convicted of his crime, did you ever think that there was something wrong with the animal? Bears do not like humans and the fact that it even exposed itself to a human means something was already wrong with it. Going for water? How stupid can people get. It's normal for all wild animals to check out a watering hole before they even approach it. They'll sit out of sight waiting for any human activity to go away, then get their water which is usually around dusk or dawn, when human eye sight is weakest.
Regardless, where were all of you when one ran across Judith Zafferinis yard and they called out everybody that had a gun within 50 miles. The only ones that didn't show up for that was Special Forces. Judges, DPS, Texas Rangers, local and county police, just about everybody.

Old 08-12-2011, 02:50 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,135,787 times
Convicted of his crime? WTH are you babbling about there, Cooter?

Old 08-12-2011, 02:56 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,178,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
You city bleeding hearts kill me with yer comments. Anybody that has property in the country already knows a bear is a protected species. Did any of you ever think that they called the game warden so they could get the FRESH animal to Texas A&M for analysis? Probably not. While you arm chair generals are deciding that the land owner should be convicted of his crime, did you ever think that there was something wrong with the animal? Bears do not like humans and the fact that it even exposed itself to a human means something was already wrong with it. Going for water? How stupid can people get. It's normal for all wild animals to check out a watering hole before they even approach it. They'll sit out of sight waiting for any human activity to go away, then get their water which is usually around dusk or dawn, when human eye sight is weakest.
Regardless, where were all of you when one ran across Judith Zafferinis yard and they called out everybody that had a gun within 50 miles. The only ones that didn't show up for that was Special Forces. Judges, DPS, Texas Rangers, local and county police, just about everybody.

Whatever..... the bear was only 100 pounds. I'm sure the beer guzzling Bubba probably outweighed it two or three times but needed a gun. Surprised he didnt run it over with his 4x4. Sorry, the bear has squatters rights and the land owner should have given the right away to it unless he was in mortal danger........ which I truly doubt he was.

And I know if I been in the heat and I needed a drink, I'm not going to give a hoot if anything is around........that bear was heading to some H2O, and it didnt matter to it if the waterboy was serving it.

Last edited by badhornet; 08-12-2011 at 03:14 PM..

Old 08-12-2011, 03:09 PM

5,621 posts, read 6,403,554 times
Moderator cut: off topic/personal

I never liked dead animals on the wall - creepy.

Last edited by Bo; 08-12-2011 at 04:12 PM..

Old 08-12-2011, 03:40 PM

560 posts, read 1,006,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
The bear was probably in a weakened state & didn't have mch energy for attackIng a far-off human, especially not while seeking water. This trigger-happy loser better get what's coming to him.
You are right about one thing...the bear probably was in a weakened/stressed state. However, wild animals become more aggressive and will do things they normally wouldn't do under stressful conditions. Like wander +200 miles from their normal range....."desparate times call for desparate measures"
I'm sure the dogs didn't help in the situation either...

Unlike others on this forum, I will reserve judgement and name calling on this topic since I wasn't there and I don't know the person.

Old 08-12-2011, 03:46 PM

2,391 posts, read 8,610,269 times
Why do you think all hunters are beer drinking, rednecks with 4x4's? Trapper has the right of it. Why would the guy call TPW if he wanted a trophy and then A&M. The shooter may have tried to run it off ,but a bear encounter does not often happen in this part of Texas, what would yall have done? We know running from bears doesn't work would you whisper sweet nothings asking the bear to leave?

Old 08-12-2011, 03:47 PM

74 posts, read 156,723 times
There are bears in Texas Ha Ha are they imported? I guess I learn something new every day that I am here. I lived around bears all my life in the Rocky Mountains and they usually don't bother you unless they are sick or they are trying to protect their cubs. It may have been that it was sick needing water, but I think your an idiot if you were to see any bear that started to walk toward you or even had a stare down with you and for you just to stand there or walk away well you would be one of those idiots that wouldn't see it coming and then you would end up on your a** with a bear on top of you thinking your some rag doll it could play with. Some people are so stupid. Your life is way more important than any animal's life. FYI no I don't hunt not because I think it is wrong but because it bores me, and Yes I do love animals and would never want anyone to abuse them, but unless your the BEAR WHISPERER I think you better shoot too.

Old 08-12-2011, 03:57 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,135,787 times
So the poor widdle hunter boy isn't afraid of a 300 lb wildebeest (which Daddy charges roughly 5K to the thin, svelte, non-beer guzzling city boys with cash so they can kill one.....and mount it) but a 100 pound bear shakes him to the bone? LMAO

Best Rates to Hunt Deer, Exotics, Wild Game, African Game, Texas Exotic Game, Bobcats, Elk, Deer, Fallow, Sika, Axis, Whitetail

Old 08-12-2011, 04:10 PM

74 posts, read 207,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Convicted of his crime? WTH are you babbling about there, Cooter?
Whoa there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio