Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 09:50 AM

95 posts, read 232,341 times

Advertisements

my boyfriends 2006 black dodge durango was stolen between the hours of 11:30 pm last night at 8 am this morning.

license plate is: 058 HLM

it's in the marbach/410 and military/hwy 90 area.

a police report and insurance claim was filed and now it's just a matter of time. police did say someone in the neighborhood had their car stolen recently and was found somewhere abandoned. another time a truck was stolen and found a few days later being driven in the same area by some dummy.

anyway, if you are in the area please be on the lookout. even if you're not, you never know.

thanks so much. we are desperate for any help we can get.

Last edited by Bo; 08-13-2011 at 10:04 AM.. Reason: updated title to make thread easier to find with search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 10:20 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
If you have full coverage insurance, look at it as a reason to start looking for a new vehicle. Chances are, if they find it, you're not going to want it back anyway.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:31 AM

409 posts, read 1,033,999 times
Another reason to believe that there is no nice part of town. I'm sure it will be found and hopefully with very little or no damage to it. My ex's car was being broken into early one evening and the lowlife got caught in the act. When he tried to run some of the neighbors that were outside cut him off and he received a good dose of "neighborhood justice" before we called the cops. I'm sure they took him in bracelets to the hospital first.

Old 08-13-2011, 11:17 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,623,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supgrrl View Post
my boyfriends 2006 black dodge durango was stolen between the hours of 11:30 pm last night at 8 am this morning.
i learned your lesson the hard way also.

your bf ownes one of the more commonly stolen trucks in texas. my honest advice, SELL IT if you ever get it back.

i had a 1994 acura integra broken into 4 times before i sold it. when you own a car/truck that thieves love to steal, crap like this happens.

Texas Most Stolen Vehicles

Quote:
For more than a decade before 2006, Chevrolet pickup trucks top that list but for the year 2006, the most stolen vehicles are Ford pickup trucks. While this is a sign that Ford is producing vehicles which appeals to the taste of Americans, it is saddening that the same attraction it has for law-abiding citizens also appeal to thieves.

Old 08-13-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Chiba57 View Post
Another reason to believe that there is no nice part of town. I'm sure it will be found and hopefully with very little or no damage to it. My ex's car was being broken into early one evening and the lowlife got caught in the act. When he tried to run some of the neighbors that were outside cut him off and he received a good dose of "neighborhood justice" before we called the cops. I'm sure they took him in bracelets to the hospital first.
oh there are nice sides of town. thieves just go to the nicer sides to steal nicer cars, thats all. i mean, why would thieves want to steal run-down pieces of crap in their own neighborhoods when they can take a brief drive to a more nice side of town and steal a nice car?

now LIVING on a nice side of town, thats a bit hard to do as a thief that has no real income sans stealing from others.

Old 08-13-2011, 01:08 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,404,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
oh there are nice sides of town. thieves just go to the nicer sides to steal nicer cars, thats all. i mean, why would thieves want to steal run-down pieces of crap in their own neighborhoods when they can take a brief drive to a more nice side of town and steal a nice car?

now LIVING on a nice side of town, thats a bit hard to do as a thief that has no real income sans stealing from others.

because it's all about PARTS.

Old 08-13-2011, 02:07 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Chiba57 View Post
Now that's a happy ending. I wish there were more stories like this and more neighbors willing to do that for each other. That's how we should be and the bad people will eventually figure out crime actually hurts..

which reminds me of this funny "article"

Click image for larger version

Name:	happy.jpg
Views:	1705
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	83597

which, although funny, is unfortunately not true, or at least the good part isn't..

snopes.com: Stabbed Marine

Old 08-13-2011, 06:44 PM

409 posts, read 1,033,999 times
[quote=rd2007;20441597]Now that's a happy ending. I wish there were more stories like this and more neighbors willing to do that for each other. That's how we should be and the bad people will eventually figure out crime actually hurts..
My neighborhood isn't the best but we all watch out for one another's property and well being even though some of us don't know each other too well. You are right about crime hurting...just ask the "would be" thief after we finished with him. I wish we could've made the 10:00 p.m. news.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:36 PM

178 posts, read 458,861 times
If a pro got it, its already being stripped, if joyriders got it, you don't want it back. I'm hoping your BF isn't upside down on the note or he has the proper gap insurance. Having your ride stolen suks, having to continue paying on it suks beyond description.

Old 08-13-2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector28 View Post
If a pro got it, its already being stripped, if joyriders got it, you don't want it back. I'm hoping your BF isn't upside down on the note or he has the proper gap insurance. Having your ride stolen suks, having to continue paying on it suks beyond description.
agreed. if you dont have full coverage on a car/truck youre still paying on, you royally fail.

if you dont have full coverage insurance on a car thats worth more than 5k, youre failing pretty bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio