U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 07:13 PM

3 posts, read 5,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
If you want to be taken more seriously, use paragraphs. It hurt to read all of that in one big chunk of text but I did understand it.
I appreciate your advice and try to use paragraphs. My notebook got hit with a virus so bad earlier this year that I had to send it back to TOSHIBA to be repaired. It refuses to do paragraphs since. BTW I won't bother you folks any more since I have actually caused pain. I'll delete and move on..Have a good life...DAVE

Last edited by BIGDAVE54; 05-06-2013 at 07:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 08:23 PM

3,929 posts, read 4,688,336 times
Thank you, David. It looks quite readable to me! I keep telling a friend of mine...don't use certain words on the phone, the computers that do this are looking for key words. What she says might not have anything to do with what they're really looking for, but I'd rather that our phone calls not catch anyone's attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGDAVE54 View Post
I appreciate your advice and try to use paragraphs. My notebook got hit with a virus so bad earlier this year that I had to send it back to TOSHIBA to be repaired. It refuses to do paragraphs since. BTW I won't bother you folks any more since I have actually caused pain. I'll delete and move on..Have a good life...DAVE

Old 05-07-2013, 07:08 AM

5,623 posts, read 6,410,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGDAVE54 View Post
Sorry. I didn't mean to come across as you bothering me. You weren't.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:50 AM

4,193 posts, read 3,063,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
I've delivered to Camp Stanley multiple times.
Just like the Lackland Annex nothing too serious.
That's exactly what they want you to believe.

Old 07-01-2013, 05:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,013 times
Default camp Stanley

Seems everyone has everything wrong about this facility. Yes Camp Stanley is an Army ammunition facility. But it is not run by an Ordnance Officer, but rather an Engineer Corp Officer, which is strange in the ammo community to happen. But not so for other facilities that have a connection with the CIA. camp Stanley is a ammunition/munition manufacture facility, making special items for the CIA. This site is also the main explosive storage area for the CIA. Efforts to move some of or all of this ammunition to Camp Perry to Harvey Point Defense Testing Activity have not been successful, as ech of thise sites have storage limitations.

Camp Stanley and the CIA go back as far as the Viet Nam war. when they made special fuzes to go into CHICOM mortars, under the code name Eldest Son. Every so often an explosive item will turn up that the right person can trace it back to Camp Stanley.

Camp Stanley has not done much work in the chem/bio arena - you can pretty much tell that by looking at the satellite aerial photos that are on the web. No sign of HVAC, filtrations systems, vent hoods, etc can be seen. Doesn't mean they couldn't have done some small scale work on bullets etc, but there is no way to prove that. The main chemical problem comes from the WW I era when the site was Camp Funston and 75mm chemical rounds were trained with there and camp Bullis.

Stanley remains an active CIA facility.

Old 07-01-2013, 08:47 PM

834 posts, read 1,793,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webereod View Post
Seems everyone has everything wrong about this facility. Yes Camp Stanley is an Army ammunition facility. But it is not run by an Ordnance Officer, but rather an Engineer Corp Officer, which is strange in the ammo community to happen. But not so for other facilities that have a connection with the CIA. camp Stanley is a ammunition/munition manufacture facility, making special items for the CIA. This site is also the main explosive storage area for the CIA. Efforts to move some of or all of this ammunition to Camp Perry to Harvey Point Defense Testing Activity have not been successful, as ech of thise sites have storage limitations.

Camp Stanley and the CIA go back as far as the Viet Nam war. when they made special fuzes to go into CHICOM mortars, under the code name Eldest Son. Every so often an explosive item will turn up that the right person can trace it back to Camp Stanley.

Camp Stanley has not done much work in the chem/bio arena - you can pretty much tell that by looking at the satellite aerial photos that are on the web. No sign of HVAC, filtrations systems, vent hoods, etc can be seen. Doesn't mean they couldn't have done some small scale work on bullets etc, but there is no way to prove that. The main chemical problem comes from the WW I era when the site was Camp Funston and 75mm chemical rounds were trained with there and camp Bullis.

Stanley remains an active CIA facility.
okey doke that explains it.......

Old 07-01-2013, 11:31 PM

4,274 posts, read 6,632,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
Don't think it refers to the Camp Stanley in Korea. The article says:

So where was this secret facility? You won't find out reading the Post, which referred to it as being "in the southwestern United States" and that it "served as a weapons depot and disposal site." The paper goes on to explain that it "has agreed to the agency's request not to name the facility or describe its location more precisely."

Last time I checked the world map, Korea was not part of SW USA, LOL. What I find kinda interesting TRN, I don't know if you remember a lady I had working for me named Cindy. She was my bookkeeper. She worked at Camp Stanley during WWII. About 10 years ago, we decided that maybe she could tour the areas where she had worked. NO DICE! They were just about upset over the fact that she even asked. We both thought it pretty weird at the time. I guess I know now why they said NO!
If you haven't been by the NSA on Military between Potranco and 410, that place is almost scary. Looks more like a prison than anything. Another interesting thing about that location is the 2 buildings to the Potranco side, one of them monitors ALL internet traffic including this post. Think big brother isn't watching everybody? Think again.
Are those NSA buildings going to be replaced by the giant new NSA data center in Bluffdale, Utah?

Old 03-12-2014, 09:22 AM

3 posts, read 5,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
If you want to be taken more seriously, use paragraphs. It hurt to read all of that in one big chunk of text but I did understand it.
Sorry, but a bug in my OS will not let me set paragraphs. I figure it is better to post one big paragraph than not say anything at all.
I was temporarily stationed at Camp Bullis in the early 70s for AZR training. That is Combat Prep for the USAF Security Forces headed to combat zones. I also had Heavy Weapons Training on the 90 mm. Recoiless Rifle there too.
At the time Camp Stanley was known as an almost defunct warehouse system for small arms ammunition.

Old 05-05-2014, 06:17 AM

309 posts, read 463,110 times
I thought this article in the New York Times about Camp Stanley's mission would be interesting to all of you:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/05/us...a.html?hp&_r=0

Old 05-05-2014, 04:54 PM

834 posts, read 1,793,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoerneMan View Post
I thought this article in the New York Times about Camp Stanley's mission would be interesting to all of you:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/05/us...a.html?hp&_r=0
I'm looking around for my tin hat now.

seems it has disappeared.

I'm willing to bet they have it up there at the *well respected* nytimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio