Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2012, 11:52 AM

487 posts, read 991,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatotex97 View Post
11,000 sq feet... small store. There are houses in the dominion that size.
according to the news article, it's well within the normal range

"No comment was offered about the number of employees the grocer is looking to hire for its San Antonio location. But Mochizuki said the store's small footprint fits with the company's other locations, which range from about 10,000 to 15,000 square feet. "

Read more:
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Grocer-takes-prime-spot-for-1st-S-A-store-3421662.php#ixzz1vWmxp9FF
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 07:56 PM

874 posts, read 2,892,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amexicano View Post
according to the news article, it's well within the normal range
Yep, pretty typical for a TJ's. That's why I will probably be staying away when it first opens here - can't imagine being in that much of a crowd in a standard-sized TJ's... especially here, where even in the wide aisles of many grocery stores people find ways to block almost the entire aisle with their carts.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:45 AM

923 posts, read 1,501,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffy888 View Post
... especially here, where even in the wide aisles of many grocery stores people find ways to block almost the entire aisle with their carts.
That drives me NUTS. It is so inconsiderate.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:23 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,551,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffy888 View Post
Yep, pretty typical for a TJ's. That's why I will probably be staying away when it first opens here - can't imagine being in that much of a crowd in a standard-sized TJ's... especially here, where even in the wide aisles of many grocery stores people find ways to block almost the entire aisle with their carts.
Fortunately they have smaller, normal people sized carts at TJ.
I'd still stay away to avoid the crowds though....

The typical TJ store is what, IMO, a real grocery store should be. Just groceries. Not tires. not shoes, Not housewares....not TVs. Just food.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:50 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,962,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Fortunately they have smaller, normal people sized carts at TJ.
I'd still stay away to avoid the crowds though....

The typical TJ store is what, IMO, a real grocery store should be. Just groceries. Not tires. not shoes, Not housewares....not TVs. Just food.
And pumpkin cheescake!

--Dim

Old 05-22-2012, 04:02 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,704,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post

The typical TJ store is what, IMO, a real grocery store should be. Just groceries. Not tires.
2 for 1 sale...buy 2 boxes of cheeries, get a free tire!

Old 05-22-2012, 05:49 PM

4,433 posts, read 5,343,051 times
Frist some people can live with out TJ's...Now we are getting one but you won't go because it is to small...oh and only in San Antonio do we have rude shoppers...blah blah blah

Old 05-22-2012, 08:29 PM

874 posts, read 2,892,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
Frist some people can live with out TJ's...Now we are getting one but you won't go because it is to small...oh and only in San Antonio do we have rude shoppers...blah blah blah
Trying to get through that post to see if it is directed to me or not.
I certainly will go to TJ's, but not when it first opens due to the crowds. I have been to a multitude of Trader Joe's, so I am quite familiar with their general size. I don't recall anyone saying it will be too small. It sounds like it will be around the same size as most TJ's I have visited, which makes it just the right size to carry the products that I love without, as Chaka mentioned, the ubiquitous extra ... stuff... that many big stores carry. Also, there are probably rude shoppers elsewhere. However, I have lived in quite a few places here in the U.S. as well as living in Germany for a couple of years, and nowhere else have I encountered quite as many shoppers so completely unaware that anyone else could possibly be shopping in the store at the same time. I've tried going at different times, frequenting different locations, etc. and still run into it often, so I ask my husband to go to the store most of the time. Problem solved.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:01 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,539,042 times
Never said I wouldn't go because it is small. I was simply stating that it is a small store.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:14 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,287,967 times
what's trader joes????

....i kid...i kid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio