U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-04-2012, 05:48 AM

5,715 posts, read 8,570,405 times
This trip the English Chedder cheese with carmalized onions is VERY good (they were giving samples of it yesterday) and going to make the Sunday morning omlette with that this morning.

For lunch this afternoon, the Chicken Gorgonzola (pkg serves 2 people) which is the chicken breasts with Portebella Mushrooms, Diced Tomatoes and Gorgonzola Cheese Sauce with Purple Moon Shiraz. Minus the wine, the lunch serving is 320 cal each...not bad for all that flavor!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 05:58 AM

2,216 posts, read 2,622,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
I still have me 2 TJs canvas bags I got in 1989. I may have to add another.
lol I bought an insulated bag with their logo and they were giving away free totes to shoppers as well.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:02 AM

I think the most expensive wine was $15 and champagne was $20 that I saw.

I bought two bottles of the chuck, one that was $5 purple moon (supposed fave) and $9.99 Cupcake wine that sounded too good to pass up. lol.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzrd View Post
Where can we get a list of their really good wines?
I'll list it here, but because it is a blog and a site, might get removed (just trying to help Mods)...anyway if it does, google: best Trader Joe's Wines and look for Jasons Blog....great info.

Thank for asking the question, got me investigating and found this site with good input!

Trader Joe’s Wines – Top 10 Wine List | Jason's Wine Blog | Trader Joe's Wine Reviews and more

In fact, I started to google LOTS of TJ's questions and have stumbled onto a wealth of info for questions about their snacks, frozen foods, etc. Try it and see if you can find something fun! I have also ordered from Amazon (and now have) two GREAT cookbooks for TJ's, the "I heart Trader Joe's Cookbook" and the "I heart Trader Joe's Party Cookbook"...both GREAT!!!

Old 11-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $84,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

14,414 posts, read 20,502,148 times
I just got back from there. Never dreamed I'd go anywhere near the place in the first week it was open, but I was inspired by the stories here of how well organized they were. I parked in a garage at the opposite end of the shopping center and walked about 5 minutes to get to the door, but the store did not seem horribly crowded. Some people seemed to be in a rush. Others seemed determined to linger. I made my way up and down each aisle twice in the span of about 20 minutes and managed to fill my cart, mostly with perishables. I've shopped there in other cities, but had never been able to buy anything that couldn't be brought home in a suitcase. Looking forward to trying all of these new foods!

Since I'm not a fan of anything else at The Quarry, I'm not crazy about the location. But I do concede that there is adequate parking in the garages.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:30 PM

1,836 posts, read 1,958,681 times
Their 'Cookie Butter' is so delicious that I'm going to start a support group over it.

Champ/Wine: Their most expensive bottle of bubbly is about $50. They do carry a wide variety of bottles and price points. Love that they carry inexpensive bottles of sparkling sake too.

BN

Old 11-05-2012, 04:05 PM

3,819 posts, read 3,423,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
Their 'Cookie Butter' is so delicious that I'm going to start a support group over it.

Champ/Wine: Their most expensive bottle of bubbly is about $50. They do carry a wide variety of bottles and price points. Love that they carry inexpensive bottles of sparkling sake too.

BN
That cookie butter sounds divine but since I'm a diabetic I probably shouldn't buy it

Old 11-05-2012, 06:37 PM

OMG! Enjoyed the TJ's Eggplant Parmasean tonite for dinner....IF you are a fan of this dish....TO DIE FOR!!! Will be a regular at this home, and you could not MAKE it for what it cost (not to mention the fact that taking it from the fridge and having ready to nuke for 4 minutes when DH finally made it home from work at 7pm makes it the PERFECT "go to" dinner)!

Old 11-05-2012, 09:15 PM

Paka - good to know. I bought some of the eggplant parm but havent made it yet.

I can tell you I am already hooked on what I have tried:
wine
ladyfingers
herb seasoned popcorn
apple honey butter

Apparently this means I will be going back to TJ's this weekend.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:07 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $84,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

14,414 posts, read 20,502,148 times
So far, my family loooved the Dark Chocolate Bar I picked up in the checkout line. It's filled with caramel and black sea salt.

The pumpkin spice cake was just OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio