U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2011, 05:28 PM

427 posts, read 1,036,691 times

Advertisements

Had a HORRIBLE experience with Momentum Physical Therapy & Sports Rehab in Helotes. Was told my insurance would cover 5 visits to their facility, they would cost $75.00 per session. No out of pocket expenses for me. Just got a Bill for $333.39, they billed my insurance company $860.00 for the first 3 visits. No way would I have gone to their facility had I been given
the correct information in the first place.

Anyone have a suggestion as to which state agency to file a complaint with? Does anyone have any good experiences with a physical therapist in San Antonio?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 10:50 PM

500 posts, read 612,031 times
I would fight this. The company accepted your insurance and told you there would be no out of pocket expenses. Unless you have not met your deductible (if you have one) then you should not be responsible if that's what you were told. Enlist your insurance company's help on this one. They will probably dispute the charges as well since $800+ for three visits seems very unreasonable. Good luck.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:21 AM

50 posts, read 89,312 times
Hmm, it sounds like your insurance company told you that you would not be out of pocket. They would seem to be the ones to fight this. I have gotten now to where prior to receiving any medical service, I ask the provider point blank how much it is going to cost, and if they have gotten approval from my insurance company. You just can't assume that the two greedy sides will have your best financial intersts at heart.

Nothing surprises me anymore between providers and insurance companies, just like the major airlines. You just know you're going to get screwed over every time you cross paths with any of them

For what it's worth, billing department aside, Momentum in Helotes was awesome at getting me back into shape following a shoulder injury. They were very professional and efficient in working with me. Mine was workman's comp so I don't know anything about the billing.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by japan-virginia View Post
Hmm, it sounds like your insurance company told you that you would not be out of pocket. They would seem to be the ones to fight this. I have gotten now to where prior to receiving any medical service, I ask the provider point blank how much it is going to cost, and if they have gotten approval from my insurance company. You just can't assume that the two greedy sides will have your best financial intersts at heart.

Nothing surprises me anymore between providers and insurance companies, just like the major airlines. You just know you're going to get screwed over every time you cross paths with any of them

For what it's worth, billing department aside, Momentum in Helotes was awesome at getting me back into shape following a shoulder injury. They were very professional and efficient in working with me. Mine was workman's comp so I don't know anything about the billing.
I don't think you can put the "billing department aside" when dealing with this company. After I stopped seeing them, they aggressively hounded me to continue my appointments.

The representative at Momentum assured me that I wouldn't have any out of pocket expenses, wasn't my insurance company. Was also told the charge would be $75.00 per session. They ended up billing $350.00 for the fist session and $250.00 for subsequent sessions. Greedy I agree with, but on Momentum's part.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:38 AM

50 posts, read 89,312 times
Yeah pretty bad if Momentum themselves told you wouldn't be charged more than $75. One of the Momentum staff types probably based what they thought you would be out of pocket on from what they had heard some other patient's co-pay was. Every insurance is unique and they shouldn't have told you anything until they called your insurance company and got it straight.

Either way, I don't blame you for being ticked off. Don't get me started on my dealings with Mail Handler's Benefit Plan insurance and the large dollars I had to pay to a certain hospital off 151 that wasn't in their "plan" even though I had been told in advance by the insurance company that it was. That stress probably shaved a couple of years off my life and certainly a couple of grand out of my bank account

Old 08-29-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVKim8 View Post
I would fight this. The company accepted your insurance and told you there would be no out of pocket expenses. Unless you have not met your deductible (if you have one) then you should not be responsible if that's what you were told. Enlist your insurance company's help on this one. They will probably dispute the charges as well since $800+ for three visits seems very unreasonable. Good luck.
Thank you. I was quoted $75.00 per session but they billed my insurance company $350.00 for the first visit and $250.00 for the next two. I was told that without insurance, I would have been billed $60.00 per session. I really don't understand why insurance companies don't put up a better fight as far as what's billed to their companies. I guess only because they have the power to charge more and more for less service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio