Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 11:32 PM

502 posts, read 934,430 times

Advertisements

I don't since I'm self employed, and the rates are crazy! However I do put away funds every month for healthcare. I only get sick maybe once a year....
But can't find a doctor thatnwill give me proper care unless I have some sort of health coverage. I do have dental and vision as I found really good rates! I hurts my life! Lol

Old 08-23-2011, 12:03 AM

431 posts, read 765,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeptech210 View Post
I don't since I'm self employed, and the rates are crazy! However I do put away funds every month for healthcare. I only get sick maybe once a year....
But can't find a doctor thatnwill give me proper care unless I have some sort of health coverage. I do have dental and vision as I found really good rates! I hurts my life! Lol
im self employed i pay every month for my healthcare.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:40 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,477,106 times
Walgreens is going to start offering group insurance. I don't have health insurance; I have Carelink, but have never used it. Carelink is not even useful for me unless I get a large bill. My minimum payment is $122 a month and a doctor's visit is usually under $100. It's actually cheaper for me to go to this clinic on Walzem ($45-60) and pay out of pocket than it is for me to visit a Carelink doctor. I rarely get sick, but when I do need to go to the doctor, I have had no problems with finding one that will let me pay out of pocket.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theeddie View Post
im self employed i pay every month for my healthcare.
If you don't mind who did you get??? And carelink is no help for me either. Most quotes I get are around 500 a mOnth with 10000 deductible...
I found one doctor and was great! But they stopped accepting cash patients!

Old 08-23-2011, 01:05 AM

431 posts, read 765,957 times
assuranthealth i'm around 180/month
7500 deduct 50 copay
i still think i can do better, you just have to shop around.
it also doesn't hurt i hadn't been to a doctor in 10 years so they could base my rate on past conditions

i was at 160, but after obama care my rate went up $20 month

Old 08-23-2011, 05:23 AM

4,329 posts, read 7,235,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeptech210 View Post
I found one doctor and was great! But they stopped accepting cash patients!
Doctor stopped taking cash patients? Now that's a new one on me.

Generally speaking, cash patients are going to be the most profitable for the doctor, because they can charge their full rate (insurance reimbursements are usually at heavily discounted rates), and they get their money immediately, vs. having to process the insurance claim and wait for payment. Then there may be a chance that the insurer rejects the claim.

The only reason I can think of for a doctor to not take cash patients, is because they've had too many patients who were unable to pay after being treated.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:27 AM

13 posts, read 22,119 times
I'm in the U.K. so National Health Service takes care of us for free. May have a few problems but everyone gets cared for regardless of their financial position. Of course you can still buy health insurance and be treated privately, I've never seen the need though.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:09 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,836,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacos View Post
I'm in the U.K. so National Health Service takes care of us for free. May have a few problems but everyone gets cared for regardless of their financial position. Of course you can still buy health insurance and be treated privately, I've never seen the need though.
With all due respect, they take care of you at no additional cost. The real cost of such care is paid for through taxation, and I've a feeling that if you knew the real cost, you be in shock!

Old 08-23-2011, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
Doctor stopped taking cash patients? Now that's a new one on me.

Generally speaking, cash patients are going to be the most profitable for the doctor, because they can charge their full rate (insurance reimbursements are usually at heavily discounted rates), and they get their money immediately, vs. having to process the insurance claim and wait for payment. Then there may be a chance that the insurer rejects the claim.

The only reason I can think of for a doctor to not take cash patients, is because they've had too many patients who were unable to pay after being treated.
This! I love cash patients! But I never really got a answer why they stopped. And I've always had to pay first. However there are some perks to paying cash, I've found a place that does MRI for 350.00! I'm a very healthy person I have no medical conditions other than chronic sinus issues! I don't know why it cost so much! And I refuse to go to the university! Lol one time there was a 24 hour wait! Crazy!

Btw the UK healthcare system may be "free" but is largely flaud! I've heard some wild stories over there. Well that's the rumor lol.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:53 AM

13 posts, read 22,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
With all due respect, they take care of you at no additional cost. The real cost of such care is paid for through taxation, and I've a feeling that if you knew the real cost, you be in shock!
Well of course that's what tax is for, but I would rather pay my taxes and be taken care of than to have to pay privately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio