U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-27-2011, 07:13 PM

1,069 posts, read 849,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSPeachtree81 View Post
When I read the grammar and word usage of some posters, I wonder what school they went to. Where is the school that teaches the difference between "then" and "than" or "their" and "there"? Or, how about my all time favorite: "to", "too", "two". People wanting to move here and put their children in school should pick the one that can teach those kinds of basics. And for the record, since I live in the area I'm speaking of, I only wish better things for it so I can move on. Why don't all of you who are so angered by my opinions would channel that feeling into changing the whole far west side into what it should be? This includes WH, which is no better. I'm willing to help and don't mean to be offensive.
Just out of curiousity where did you move here from? Meaning were on earth did a sweet dumpling like you come from??? Us rednecks like to mix up our word usage. Now squeal like a pig!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 07:55 PM

6,866 posts, read 12,367,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeptech210 View Post
I've seen the best private shools produce a ****ty person.

Yes. I think some of those people are right here in this thread.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:57 PM

47 posts, read 54,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Irish View Post
Just out of curiousity where did you move here from? Meaning were on earth did a sweet dumpling like you come from??? Us rednecks like to mix up our word usage. Now squeal like a pig!!!
Well, Peachtree does have a point. Not knowing the difference between to and too - Their, They're, and There - is sort of troubling. I sure hope these parents didn't go to school in the NISD, but I fear that they probably did. I went to a hillbilly high school school in the mountains of western North Carolina, but they "learned us" better than that

Old 08-27-2011, 08:28 PM

2,216 posts, read 2,596,831 times
Peachtree quoted my post and went on with the grammar rant. The rant had absolutely nothing to do with my post.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:47 PM

1,720 posts, read 2,742,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Do NOT let this guy get to you. You are smarter than that.

Working longer hours.. lol the mickey d's drive thru IS open all night, you know.
LOL so true! I guess burgers need to be flipped at night. Maybe cleaning those toilets at constructions sites really does pay well

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
never been to cali, yet calls 1604 "the 1604"? Definitely an alt. Just look at the number of rep points and the low number of posts combined with a very recent join date; definitely smells like an alt that gets repped by the primary. How pathetic do you have to be? seriously...

Once again, all of SA is one giant ghetto. There may be a few VERY small pockets that are only slightly ghetto, but the city as a whole is one giant ghetto full of mostly ghetto people. Trying to say one ghetto area (SO) is better than another ghetto area (AR) is like that special olympics/arguing on the Internet thing.. but it's not even entertaining.
Quote Ice Cube's "Hello"

"The Motha ****en world is a ghetto, full of magazines, full clips, and heavy metal"

LOL

Old 08-28-2011, 07:42 AM

95 posts, read 77,806 times
Shame on you people for posting such slanted opinions about the poor and disadvantaged people that make up this city. How narrow-minded can you be??! I was raised in a "disadvantaged" home by a single mother who tried her hardest to keep me and my sister in check. While I don't prefer this area of town, coming from Sharpstown in Houston's SouthWest side, you people should be thankful! You people have nothing to be worried about. Sure there might be drugs and violence and some wannabe thugs trying to smoke weed and listen to lil wayne because they need attention, but they're harmless. Besides, rich kids do drugs, drink, and fight with the best of em. There are drugs and violence and organized crime everywhere. Anything outside of 1604 is pretty damn safe. You guys sound like a bunch of spoiled [turned paranoid] suburbanites. Take a drive inside 410 if you need a reality check.

Old 08-28-2011, 07:57 AM

2,734 posts, read 2,166,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrethegiant View Post
Shame on you people for posting such slanted opinions about the poor and disadvantaged people that make up this city. How narrow-minded can you be??! I was raised in a "disadvantaged" home by a single mother who tried her hardest to keep me and my sister in check. While I don't prefer this area of town, coming from Sharpstown in Houston's SouthWest side, you people should be thankful! You people have nothing to be worried about. Sure there might be drugs and violence and some wannabe thugs trying to smoke weed and listen to lil wayne because they need attention, but they're harmless. Besides, rich kids do drugs, drink, and fight with the best of em. There are drugs and violence and organized crime everywhere. Anything outside of 1604 is pretty damn safe. You guys sound like a bunch of spoiled [turned paranoid] suburbanites. Take a drive inside 410 if you need a reality check.
Excuse me? How can you say all of that then turn around and say that inside of 410 is opposite of safe? Maybe you need to drive inside 410 yourself.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:01 AM

Excuse you. I didnt say it was the opposite of safe. I was suggesting that it was worse than the area that is being discussed. Nice try though. Next

Old 08-28-2011, 08:03 AM

2,734 posts, read 2,166,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrethegiant View Post
Excuse you. I didnt say it was the opposite of safe. I was suggesting that it was worse than the area that is being discussed. Nice try though. Next
No it is not. You were suggesting so you don't know this for a fact. Nice try though.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
No it is not. You were suggesting so you don't know this for a fact. Nice try though.
Well isnt this a desperate attempt to argue. But okay.

I do know for a fact that inside loop 410 is worse than anything outside 1604. I know because I drive into the city all the time. I'm sure most people would agree with that. NEXT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio