Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2011, 03:31 AM

46 posts, read 43,412 times

Advertisements

Exactly.

Alamo Ranch will never be on the level of Stone Oak.

I mean, there is a freaking trailer park right across the street from Alamo Ranch!!!!

LOL!!!

And just inside the 1604 there is that decrepid area with Les Harrison Rd and Tezel Rd. WOW! Just absolute filth in that area.

The Far West side, new west side, whatever you wanna call it..

It is pure trash and lower, lower middle class.

I'd never live there and subject my children to that disgusting, filthy environment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Dude San Antonio is ghetto all together. Don't like it, then move back to California
Never been to Cali. but your attitude is the standard macho Texan crap.

"Love it or leave it!"
"Dont mess with Texas"

LOL!

Get off the computer, grab a beer, watch your Cowboys and Spurs games, and try to not get another DUI while youre out driving to Taco Cabana.

Later vato.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:41 AM

2,216 posts, read 4,519,068 times
People kill me. When the average joe hard working American lives in an area with say $120k-$250k (wide range of people) some serious snobs look down at "those" people and say they would never subject to their kids living in that area. Heaven forbid people live within their means and you want to judge them. There is good and bad in EVERY school. They might be better dressed in Stone Oak but don't kid yourself about it - there's drugs there too. That makes them better?

Schools in this area are doing some amazing things.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatotex97 View Post
People kill me. When the average joe hard working American lives in an area with say $120k-$250k (wide range of people) some serious snobs look down at "those" people and say they would never subject to their kids living in that area. Heaven forbid people live within their means and you want to judge them. There is good and bad in EVERY school. They might be better dressed in Stone Oak but don't kid yourself about it - there's drugs there too. That makes them better?

Schools in this area are doing some amazing things.
If you want to say the Alamo Ranch area is only that 1 master community behind Alamo Ranch shopping center then alright, yes, it is not a bad place to live...but the surrounding area...across the street the trailer park...inside 1604 near Les Harrison Rd and just 3 miles down near Tezel..is that not the area? Does 2-3 miles make it a different world??No!! The entire area is trash. It is ok, sooner than later, the Alamo Ranch Community itself will begin a massive falling..and it will become nothing more than a large pallet for taggers to tag up and drunk drivers to street race on. It's cool...enjoy living in your modest means..

I will continue to work my ass off with longer hours at work so that my children can sleep safely at night in a gated and guarded community in Stone Oak. Yep, the HOA fees are high but the piece of mind knowing that house is safe from that west side trash is great.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:12 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,519,068 times
Sorry, I teach so yes I live on my modest means. Don't dare think I don't work my tail off working long hours.
How's the weather on the pedastal where you live?

Old 08-27-2011, 12:19 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,122,924 times
NISD has no plans for a new high school in the immediate future, so says a girlfriend that works at formulating the school attendance boundaries for the district. The overflow from Alamo Ranch, and other neighborhoods, will eventually be sent to brand-new Brennan HS off Wiseman Blvd just south of AR. Taft HS attendance is already pushing 2900 students while Brennan HS doesn't even have 1600 yet.

A new high school will be built further west down FM 471/Culebra just past Talley Road but won't be built/ready for almost ten years and probably won't be for the Alamo Ranch neighborhoods.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:52 PM

14,637 posts, read 34,869,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatotex97 View Post
Sorry, I teach so yes I live on my modest means. Don't dare think I don't work my tail off working long hours.
How's the weather on the pedastal where you live?
Do NOT let this guy get to you. You are smarter than that.

Working longer hours.. lol the mickey d's drive thru IS open all night, you know.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:19 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,262,528 times
never been to cali, yet calls 1604 "the 1604"? Definitely an alt. Just look at the number of rep points and the low number of posts combined with a very recent join date; definitely smells like an alt that gets repped by the primary. How pathetic do you have to be? seriously...

Once again, all of SA is one giant ghetto. There may be a few VERY small pockets that are only slightly ghetto, but the city as a whole is one giant ghetto full of mostly ghetto people. Trying to say one ghetto area (SO) is better than another ghetto area (AR) is like that special olympics/arguing on the Internet thing.. but it's not even entertaining.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:25 PM

48 posts, read 93,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Thank you! NISD --- The Far (Newer) West SIde. I only work in Westover Hills. Thank God.
I have been here 4 years also. and I completely disagree. I have had no issues to date and have enjoyed my time here. My daughter has not had any issues in school and has enjoy her time there. I consider myself up middle class also and have not regretted my purchase at all. I guess we have a difference of opinion.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:37 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,316,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joer1622 View Post
I have been here 4 years also. and I completely disagree. I have had no issues to date and have enjoyed my time here. My daughter has not had any issues in school and has enjoy her time there. I consider myself up middle class also and have not regretted my purchase at all. I guess we have a difference of opinion.
Us too! We love where we live. Stone Oak is very nice, but waaay too crowded and too many wannabes and $30,000 Millionaires. If we had our druthers, we'd be in Boerne or Alamo Heights. Not Stone Oak.

I'm not thrilled with some areas over here, but overall, it's great...and I see great things for the AR/WH area. Hopefully they'll plan it better than they did Stone Oak.

Are you in WH too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio