U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 10:43 AM

3,693 posts, read 5,111,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXGamecock View Post
This.

Being young and single, you probably will be best off living close to where you work.
This depends on where one works. If he's working in an isolated area, with no reasonable housing options nearby, it may be more worthwhile to live in a place that's more interesting and easily accessible for after work hours.

When I first moved to SA my ideal was to commute by bike or on foot, but the place I was working was surrounded by fields, and the nearest apartment complex was in a less-than-desireable area. After living for awhile "close" to work (7 miles, but awful traffic), I eventually moved further away (12 miles) and had a shorter commute. And, I lived in the middle of great nightlife and interesting things to do on the weekends.

Where one works is a factor, but shouldn't be the only factor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 11:57 AM

560 posts, read 780,976 times
I agree with Chaka. I work at UTSA (1604 campus), and if I lived in that area, I'd probably kill myself.

Tobin Hill/Monte Vista were more to my liking, and I'm so glad that I moved where I did. It's more important to be within walking/biking/cabbing distance of places where I socialize than where I work.

Plus, the commute out to 1604 is nothing. 20 minutes, more or less.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:15 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,065,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneOf48 View Post
I agree with Chaka. I work at UTSA (1604 campus), and if I lived in that area, I'd probably kill myself.
People that live on the Northside typically have to kill themselves. If you live on any other part of town...the neighborhood thugs will take care of all the killing.

Old 09-01-2011, 03:56 PM

421 posts, read 994,447 times
haha thats funny... but may be true... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo View Post
People that live on the Northside typically have to kill themselves. If you live on any other part of town...the neighborhood thugs will take care of all the killing.

Old 09-03-2011, 06:57 AM

2,633 posts, read 1,736,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo View Post
Cmon guys, let's not scare him away. Previous posters have posted about Southtown, Tobin Hill (hit or miss), and Monte Vista. Alamo Heights and King William are also nice and in a convenient area (if you can afford it). That would be your best bet. The north side is nice but a bit cookie cutter (better for families).

Old 09-03-2011, 10:27 AM

5,556 posts, read 9,134,984 times
Come on, we're trying to get more families to move to the south. Got enough lemmings on the north/west side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio