U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 10:19 AM

65 posts, read 56,342 times
Default Digging on property without NOTICE

Does anyone know who I contact about a utility company of some sort digging on my property while I was away without serving any prior notice, no markings on the ground and ripping up my fiber cable to my home and leaving it flying in the wind.

Now there is a green pipe/hole/housing on the ground for no reason.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 10:23 AM

4,084 posts, read 6,202,032 times
You've got utility easements on your property and while it's technically your property, they really don't have to give you notice to do anything, unless of course they're invading your back yard and removing fences.

I doubt they just decided to dig for fun. There's probably a fairly good reason that they did it. They probably aren't done and will be fixing it.

If you're curious, start with calling CPS.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:24 AM

13,579 posts, read 21,055,979 times
Not sure who to call, but when you do call, I think you're going to have to be a little less vague. As in, they're going to need more info than you've given us. If you're in the city, try 311 first. After you've gathered some factoid or two.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Not sure who to call, but when you do call, I think you're going to have to be a little less vague. As in, they're going to need more info than you've given us. If you're in the city, try 311 first. After you've gathered some factoid or two.
I'd love to be more clear Sapphire, but that's hard to do when you were not at home when the bozos dug up your lawn!

Old 09-06-2011, 10:42 AM

13,579 posts, read 21,055,979 times
See, that's a start! OK, big red nose, huge feet, and very pale face.

I actually meant, can you give any info on the pole? Anything written on it? Exactly where on your property.

Last edited by sapphire; 09-06-2011 at 10:51 AM..

Old 09-06-2011, 10:59 AM

11,048 posts, read 6,819,739 times
Quote:

I actually meant, can you give any info on the pole? Anything written on it? Exactly where on your property.
saph, I had to read that twice.... .....

Old 09-06-2011, 11:18 AM

762 posts, read 470,496 times
Try talking to your neighbors. Did they see what happened ? Has it happened in other yards or were you the only one that this happened to? Every neighborhood has a Gladys Cravitz type person I'd ask them....

Old 09-06-2011, 11:24 AM

204 posts, read 157,319 times
There is occasionally a flyer in your CPS bill that gives the # to call. I don't remember it, so just call CPS.

Old 09-06-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:

sorry to try and help, I'll know better next time.
Sure. No Pole. It's an approximately 5 inch diameter molded green housing with a lid on it that is bolted down. The Lid says 'Carson Industries' and in the middle it says 'CATV' on it. It's located on the little strip between the driveway and the neighbours property. That's it. no utility identifier, no orange paint, no flags as markers. Nothing.

Old 09-06-2011, 12:14 PM

161 posts, read 195,345 times
CATV usually refers to cable (as in TV)... why would CPS be installing that? Is the abbreviation used for something else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio