U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 07:34 PM

27 posts, read 70,722 times

Advertisements

hey

My husband has taken up a job in USAA and we are planning to move to SA next month. We have 2 boys, 9 and 3 and we are considering Stone Oak and Sonoma Ranch area. I have been going through many threads here and see lot of people complaining about the traffic from stone oak. Can some one please let me know how much time it takes oneway to USAA from Stone oak. We are looking for rentals near roan forest elementary school and Encino park elementary school.

Thanks for the help
AG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 08:14 PM

67 posts, read 85,226 times
I just moved here little over a month ago and live in the area and depending what time of the day your going to be traveling the traffic can get a little backed up. I commute from the Stone Oak Area to 410 & Bandera and it takes about 30-35 mins at 8am. But I'm from Miami so the traffic here people complain about to me is really nothing compared to what I use to have to deal with back home.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:21 PM

204 posts, read 287,799 times
Why would you want to live so far away from work when there are nicer areas that are closer?

I've lived in DC and LA, and yes San Antonio's traffic is nothing compared to those cities, but still annoying. For being a 'master planned' community, Stone Oak is retarded seeing how there is essentially one road (depending on exactly where you live) in and out, and it's just a giant funnel of traffic.

Sonoma Ranch is a much more practical choice, and a better overall location.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:25 PM

27 posts, read 70,722 times
Thanks for responding. We looked at stone oak because of the great school reviews.

But i beleive beard elementary near sonoma ranch is also pretty good. How's sonama ranch area.? Are there shopping places nearby? Is it a safe place to live?

Thankyou

AG

Old 09-06-2011, 08:31 PM

67 posts, read 85,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grf430 View Post
Why would you want to live so far away from work when there are nicer areas that are closer?

I've lived in DC and LA, and yes San Antonio's traffic is nothing compared to those cities, but still annoying. For being a 'master planned' community, Stone Oak is retarded seeing how there is essentially one road (depending on exactly where you live) in and out, and it's just a giant funnel of traffic.

Sonoma Ranch is a much more practical choice, and a better overall location.
I live in a nice area and don't really live right in Stone Oak but very close by. I would not live close to where I work since that doesn't look like the best area to live. The drive does not bother me at all, I rather drive about 20 miles to work in 30 mins vs 34 miles and take over an hour in dead stop Miami traffic...

Again depending where you are from the traffic here is really not bad at all. If your from here I can see why people are always crying about how bad the traffic is.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:19 PM

1,097 posts, read 1,796,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agopinath View Post
hey

My husband has taken up a job in USAA and we are planning to move to SA next month. We have 2 boys, 9 and 3 and we are considering Stone Oak and Sonoma Ranch area. I have been going through many threads here and see lot of people complaining about the traffic from stone oak. Can some one please let me know how much time it takes oneway to USAA from Stone oak. We are looking for rentals near roan forest elementary school and Encino park elementary school.

Thanks for the help
AG
its really busy in stone oak...traffic sucks. I use to live in Sonterra. Its a nice area though.

now depending on what time you leave your house, you can beat the traffic if work starts you at 7am. If its at 8am, I would leave the house at 715am to give yourself enough time.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:00 AM

1,198 posts, read 2,526,749 times
Sonoma ranch is probably the better choice. I lived in that neighborhood about a year ago and always felt very safe out there. Stone oak traffic sucks.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:46 AM

583 posts, read 1,003,692 times
I work at USAA and live in Canyon Springs (behind Stone Oak). I travel to work in the morning early and I can be here in 30 minutes because there is no traffic at that time. Going home at 4 PM it takes me about 45 minutes at the most. I take 1604 (usually stay on the access road) to Huebner, to Blanco, to Wilderness Oak and then to Canyon Golf. Since they completed the expansion of Blanco Road there is never a backup anymore on Huebner and Blanco which is awesome.

I really do love living in the Stone Oak area. Other then work I really do not go out of this area because we really do have everything ...shopping, great restaurants, etc. I also love that we are so close to being in the hill country for getting away from town.

Yes the drive is going to depend very much on the time your husband would be leaving to go to work and I would definitely encourage him to leave earlier to avoid the school zone areas because this can definitely slow you down because of parents driving their children to school.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,282 times
I live in Stone Oak off 281 & TPC Hwy and love the area. My home is for rent if anyone is intrested. It is a 3BR 2 BA and can be rented out anytime between mid October to mid November.
I have not had any trouble with the fast track highway. I love that I do not have to go far to go shopping or out to eat. The area is very safe.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:33 PM

204 posts, read 287,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donij14 View Post
I live in Stone Oak off 281 & TPC Hwy and love the area. My home is for rent if anyone is intrested. It is a 3BR 2 BA and can be rented out anytime between mid October to mid November.
I have not had any trouble with the fast track highway. I love that I do not have to go far to go shopping or out to eat. The area is very safe.
Fast track highway? I must have missed that one..

You can live just about anywhere here and not have to travel far from shopping or eating...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio