U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 01:47 PM

409 posts, read 844,829 times

Advertisements

A few cats adopted me about 2 years ago and I kept them around by feeding them cause I had a real bad mouse problem at the time. After a few weeks no more mouse traps, sticky traps, poison and no more mice. Since then there has been generations of cats still hanging around and I still feed them. Does that make them mine? I do have my own cat and she's the only one allowed in the house. I have asked the neighbors about them and nobody claims them. I guess as long as I have no more critters invading my house I will keep feeding them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 08:38 PM

9 posts, read 10,950 times
I believe I would do as you all say, look for the owner. I think those little fufu dogs are kept more than any others. So many black dogs in the shelters. Too many dogs running loose. Wish I could find some of those missing dogs with huge rewards. There's a billboard with some yorkies on it for $4,000. I heard somewhere that it is now up to $10,000. Really would like to find those dogs. Need a picture of them. Hmmm. Hope one of you see them and get the reward, if I don't.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:46 PM

933 posts, read 1,750,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvanness View Post
There's a billboard with some yorkies on it for $4,000. I heard somewhere that it is now up to $10,000. Really would like to find those dogs. Need a picture of them. Hmmm. Hope one of you see them and get the reward, if I don't.
Scheming about finding lost dogs in order to claim rewards is a little creepy and weird, weirder than the trash diving for lottery tickets thread.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:32 PM

680 posts, read 1,549,056 times
Our dog has bolted from us twice... I am very, very thankful that both times someone has picked him up and called me. I would make a true effort in finding the owner if you can. We really are good dog owners and wanted our little beloved dog back. Maybe it's the same with the dog you found.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:46 PM

581 posts, read 1,036,761 times
We have a problem with people dumping dogs at my work. The rear of my building is well lit but not visible from the street so people either drive through there or hand drop them. We saw someone leaving a puppy late one night via camera. I ran out there trying to get a good look at the vehicle but they had already left so I focused on the dog. She appeared sick and malnourished. We tried to give her some water and whatever 'safe' human food we could find but she wouldnt take it. So we just wrapped her up in a towel and kept her near us so we could watch her but she would up dying a few hours later. We could've done things differently but this way she didnt die alone and with the last image of being treated like garbage.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:30 PM

15,136 posts, read 13,381,269 times
I just took in a little black dog this last January.

I had seen her tracks in the snow for weeks before I actually caught her eating my bird seed. She was literally skin and bones.....she only weighed 19 pounds....my vet waited 6 weeks to spay her....she was too weak for the surgery when I found her. She now weighs 36 pounds....her ideal weight.

The vet said she is about a year old.

She had no collar, no marks as if she had ever worn a collar and no chip....that was enough for me....I just kept her. If her previous owners cared about her, she would have had a collar, ID or a chip.

She has a collar, ID tag and a chip now.

When I mentioned that maybe I should look for the owner at the vets office.....they all just looked at me....like......really? are you serious? LOL

Old 09-08-2011, 11:33 PM

43,475 posts, read 52,497,423 times
I don't understand. Why wouldn't you try to locate the owner?

I'd be LIVID if my dog escaped (somehow) and someone just took her without a thought to all the anguish we were going through looking for her.

I'd offer a reward, but I'd never take a reward.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:13 AM

If you loved your dog, why wouldn't you make sure it had a collar, ID tag and a chip?

The only time I ever take my dogs collar off is to give a bath or groom....inside the house or inside my fenced in back yard.

If there were owners desperately looking for her.....why wasn't her picture posted on the bulletin board my vet has for lost dogs? Obviously they didn't make much of an effort.

The most likely scenario......she was dumped.

In this day and age, anyone who truly loves their pet would have them chipped. If you can't afford the chip....you can't afford the pet.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:20 AM

If you loved your dog, why wouldn't you make sure it had a collar, ID tag and a chip?

The only time I ever take my dogs collar off is to give a bath or groom....inside the house or inside my fenced in back yard.

In this day and age, anyone who truly loves their pet would have them chipped. If you can't afford the chip....you can't afford the pet.

BTW....I have returned lost dogs to their owners.....they had collars and ID tags.....that sure simplifies things.

OOOOPS... I accidently double posted when I tried to edit my original post.....sorry everyone.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:06 AM

272 posts, read 560,155 times
It depends: Does the dog have a collar? Are there flyers, basically does the owner care enough to search for it? Does it look malnourished?- if it does the owner didn't take care of it and it's better off with me or at a shelter. Reward or not If a dog shows any signs of abuse, neglect, the owner will never see that dog again, if it finds me. If it's healthy, has a collar, etc then I'll return it .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio