Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 02:30 PM

210 posts, read 502,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by britishbird View Post
Found a dog wandering outside my house a few hours ago. She ran straight over to me when I went out there and was so friendly and obedient. She had a collar on, but no tag. Looked in very good shape so after a quick scout of the nearby area I took her indoors. I'm pretty sure she's my next door neighbour's dog, but while all the cars are there, no one is answering my knocks. I've left a note on their door and the cute dog is currently chilling with me. I'm hoping she is the neighbours dog as it'll make life easier, but if she isn't I'll start going through the normal route (check for microchip etc) from tomorrow.
It happened again! I her wandering around outside at 9.45pm last night so, like last time, brought her into my house before heading to theirs. No one was home, which was fair enough on a Saturday evening, so I left a note saying that she was with me again and that I'd be up until midnight so they can knock whenever to collect her. It is now 3.15pm THE NEXT DAY and no one has come knocking. The note has disappeared from their front door, an extra car is now in their driveway but no one is answering when I knock/ring their doorbell. I've tried five times since eight this morning. She is an adorable dog, very sweet, obedient and cuddly.. But not my responsibility!

The only thing I can think of is the note blew away in the wind, they really cannot hear me knocking/ringing the door bell and because they keep their dogs outdoors in their backyard (they own about 5 in total) that they absolutely no idea she's missing and with me! ....But it's just all very weird!

I really can't be free doggy daycare, but I certainly do not want her to be out and about in this cold wet weather. I can't believe this has happened again. When I spoke to them last time they told me she escapes often, but they have clearly failed to fix this issue! A friend told me to post a note on their door saying to collect her within the next 24hrs of I'll find a new home for her, but I am not that type of person and don't want to do this.

What should I do now? Just wait it out and keep knocking on their door? As before, she has no tag on her collar so no contact number to call.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2011, 03:51 PM

15,701 posts, read 17,030,857 times
Those people obviously don't care about that dog or what happens to her.

I would try to find her a good home, maybe you have a friend that could keep her while you look for one, or take her to a no kill shelter. Take off her collar and DON'T tell the shelter you know who the owners are.

If she stays with her current owners, sooner or later, she is going to get hit by a car.

If they show up at your house looking for her, just tell them you let her out so she could find her way home when they didn't show up to get her.....that you could no longer afford to care for a dog that isn't even yours.

To hell with those people.....do what is best for that poor dog.

I once stole a dog that was being abused and found him a good home. He was tied to a dog house in the middle of a yard with no shade and no water in 90 degree weather. The chain around his neck was so tight I could barely get my fingers underneath it to free him. He had sores where the chain was around his neck.

Did I give a flying fig about the owners? HELL NO!

I cared about the dog and have never once regretted what I did. He lived a long, happy life with people who really loved him and kept him in the house with them.....not tied to a dog house. {I knew the people I gave him to.}

Old 12-05-2011, 12:01 PM

790 posts, read 1,879,815 times
I agree with Annie. These people don't care about the dog, and perhaps you can find her a good home. I, too, kept a dog for a "neighbor" that was wandering the streets when I lived in San Antonio. I plucked him from the road after a car barely missed hitting him. He was a great dog, but my mom was terminally ill and I couldn't handle a dog at the time (too much going on). After FOUR days, the neighbor finally came and got him. I never saw the dog again. Very sad....but so typical.

Old 01-19-2012, 11:01 AM

210 posts, read 502,274 times
ME AGAIN!

Unfortunately I now have a garden with 3 dogs in. The two who live next door are at work and I (very luckily) spotted two of their dogs roaming outside, I knew they were theirs because the dog I posted about above was one of them. I get out there and they've ran off. So, off I run and I encounter a third of their dogs too on the side of their road. I manage to round up all three after a lot of running and they're playing in my yard. I spotted a fourth and tried to chase after him/her, but she was scared and ran off. I last saw her on Brigadoon St near Braun Road. I'm worried she's going to get herself seriously hurt if she heads onto Braun Road.

IF YOU LIVE IN BRAUN STATION WEST AND SPOT A WHITE MEDIUM-SIZED POODLE PLEASE POST HERE ASAP!

I've been trying to get in touch with the owners next door, but no luck so far.

I don't think the owners don't care about these dogs at all, they are all rescue dogs and they have rescued them from terrible homes (one of them had been shot for example). I think they need to sort out their backyard though as they don't seem to be able to escape from mine but can from theirs. It has been pure luck that I've just managed to look out of the window every time their dogs have escaped, today was a sheer fluke as I wasn't even meant to be home when I looked out my window and spotted those two..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio