U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-09-2011, 07:18 AM
 
Location: San Antonio, Tx
7,643 posts, read 8,088,789 times
Reputation: 9180

Advertisements

My guess is that the store got busted accepting a fake military ID and the owner said "no more military IDs". I worked in retail (electronics) through most of the 90's and in all of the training I got about fraud etc military IDs were rarely talked about. I am not military and wouldnt know a real one from a fake one.

 
Old 09-09-2011, 08:05 AM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
11,138 posts, read 20,301,881 times
Reputation: 26372
One thing to remember is that the store employees, even at the store manager level, are just following their company's policy on ID, not trying to be disrespectful toward you.
 
Old 09-09-2011, 10:08 AM
 
Location: san antonio texas
1,805 posts, read 2,182,803 times
Reputation: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penquin927 View Post
I am always proud of my husband's service for 29 years.
any reason you havent signed up for active or reserve duty then?
 
Old 09-09-2011, 10:11 AM
 
4,268 posts, read 8,354,384 times
Reputation: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Back when I worked at those kinds of places, we used to only take a TX ID or drivers license. .
I've been in places that would not accept a passport as ID. Passports are indeed one of the hardest things to fake, but then again most people working in a convenience store in the US have never seen one, so wouldn't know real from fake.
 
Old 09-09-2011, 10:14 AM
 
Location: san antonio texas
1,805 posts, read 2,182,803 times
Reputation: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
I've been in places that would not accept a passport as ID. Passports are indeed one of the hardest things to fake, but then again most people working in a convenience store in the US have never seen one, so wouldn't know real from fake.
thats a very condescending tone youre taking towards convenience store workers (also explains some of your posts). some of them went on to lead productive lives and probably are more educated and have a net worth larger than youd ever see in your life.

that being said,

last time i took a TABC course, state ID/license was the best form. out of state ids could be accepted, but thats it. refuse everything else. sounded more like a CYA thing, but thems the rules.
 
Old 09-09-2011, 10:44 AM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
11,138 posts, read 20,301,881 times
Reputation: 26372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
I've been in places that would not accept a passport as ID. Passports are indeed one of the hardest things to fake, but then again most people working in a convenience store in the US have never seen one, so wouldn't know real from fake.

That's true, all the stores I worked at said not to take a passport as ID. I had someone call the police once because I wouldn't sell beer to him with his passport as ID. The officer they sent looked at the passport and said it looked fine to him and that personally he would accept it, but the police can't tell you who you have to sell to, or demand that you go against your store's policies, so the customer still didn't get his beer.
 
Old 09-09-2011, 12:01 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
8,400 posts, read 20,101,486 times
Reputation: 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
any reason you havent signed up for active or reserve duty then?
Well, for one, if she supported her husband during his 29 years of service, I think she'd done more than her fair share!

Secondly, there is an age limit of 35 (no offense to Penquin927, I'm sure she's young at heart! ) for the Army, and all the other services are lower.

And I can't believe you chastise others (Chaka) for taking a "very condescending tone" when this post reeks of it!

How much have you served?!?
 
Old 09-09-2011, 12:52 PM
 
615 posts, read 1,325,475 times
Reputation: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Well, for one, if she supported her husband during his 29 years of service, I think she'd done more than her fair share!

Secondly, there is an age limit of 35 (no offense to Penquin927, I'm sure she's young at heart! ) for the Army, and all the other services are lower.

And I can't believe you chastise others (Chaka) for taking a "very condescending tone" when this post reeks of it!

How much have you served?!?


LOL this Joker? Probably none.
 
Old 09-10-2011, 11:20 AM
 
Location: San Antonio
33 posts, read 78,921 times
Reputation: 42
Why not just use a Driver License at the store? If the person drove to the store, that person must have a valid DL. Imagine getting stopped by P.D. and presenting a Military I.D. Stop crying, dont expect to use the military I.D. as a shield. Most businesses accept the Military I.D. as courtesy, but they don't have to.
 
Old 09-10-2011, 12:12 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
8,400 posts, read 20,101,486 times
Reputation: 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by DManXXXII View Post
Why not just use a Driver License at the store? If the person drove to the store, that person must have a valid DL. Imagine getting stopped by P.D. and presenting a Military I.D. Stop crying, dont expect to use the military I.D. as a shield. Most businesses accept the Military I.D. as courtesy, but they don't have to.
What are you talking about? Who is using a military ID as a "shield?!?"

And where do you get this bull about stores "accepting" Federally-issued military ID cards as a "courtesy?" The State of Texas recognizes them as primary identification ("items are complete within themselves and require no supporting instruments" [source]), so maybe they're a bit more legitimate than you realize!

And I have used military ID as identification to the police in the past, as proof of out of state residency; so I can not only imagine it, but also lived it without a problem!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:17 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top