U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 10:08 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,185,904 times

Advertisements

so, i reported a few months back that my neighbors pitt bull attacked a ****zhu mix and that one of the rear legs no longer functions correctly.

fast forward 2 months later. the poor dog is still there, its leg still doesnt work, its outside with no shelter, food or water and the neighbors are still calling it theirs but not accepting responsibility.

ive spoken with them face to face about this, ive called the police (they let their female pitt run free in the front yard (that has no fence) and that dog chases every person who rides / walks by), ive called 311, ive called animal control, ive called acs. nothing. 311 says that someone went by and left a note on their door but that was months ago and the dog is still out there.

i was outside cleaning my trash cans this morning and took a few pictures, along with a short video, of the dog limping around.

i dont care if the pound will put the dog to sleep (it seems friendly though), but ffs, something needs to be done. who can i contact?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 10:14 AM

6,259 posts, read 8,998,271 times
At this point, I'd be calling the media outlets - because obviously no one that SHOULD be taking care of this is going to do it without getting embarrassed!

Old 09-15-2011, 10:20 AM

49 posts, read 153,431 times
Maybe try the Animal Defense League, Google Maps

Old 09-15-2011, 10:20 AM

sometimes when i called 311, id do it anonymously. other times, id leave a disposable number. they never got back to me either way :|

id try and catch the dog myself, but hes so skittish of any stranger that as soon as i go near him, he slowly backs away.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:40 AM

568 posts, read 822,593 times
Sue
> Director, Tess' K9 Rescue
> http://tessk9rescue.petfinder.com
> "Saving lives one dog at a time"
Maybe she can help and if not will know someone who can. There are people very active in San Antonio who really care about abused animals and want to help.
God Bless You!!

Old 09-15-2011, 11:44 AM

Also try him - he is a very good man
Evan A. Bohl
Partner with Cute & Cuddlie Animal Welfare Society (C.C.A.W.S.)
In Association with the Alamo Area Partners for Animal Welfare (A.A.P.A.W.)

(210) 818-2082

Old 09-16-2011, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooterposh View Post
Also try him - he is a very good man
Evan A. Bohl
Partner with Cute & Cuddlie Animal Welfare Society (C.C.A.W.S.)
In Association with the Alamo Area Partners for Animal Welfare (A.A.P.A.W.)

(210) 818-2082
apparently this guy is pretty hooked up.

i called him and left a voicemail. few hours later, he calls me back, says he couldn't hear part of my story. i retell the tale to him. hes mortified, wants to help pooch but cant take pooch himself. says he will put in emails to 'the group' and get back to me.

fast forward a few hours. after months of calling the city, ACS miraculously calls me back. the person who did said she received an email from Evan regarding the situation with the pooch, and how its now a criminal investigation!!!

poor lil mutt may finally get to go to a home where he's appreciated and not thrown out like garbage.

i dont like dogs but no animal deserves the treatment this dog is getting.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:22 AM

After reading some of your other posts, I figured you didnt like dogs and thought I made a mistake, but I am glad you did something to help the dog. Thank you for caring.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:25 AM

1,276 posts, read 3,435,459 times
Keep us posted DexterCat. Sorry that it took you going the "round about" way to finally get ACS involved. But now they are involved and I hope they act quickly for this poor little puppy's sake.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooterposh View Post
After reading some of your other posts, I figured you didnt like dogs and thought I made a mistake, but I am glad you did something to help the dog. Thank you for caring.
not a dog person at all (i like chows, thats it), but no animal, wether be it a pit bull or a ****zhu like this, deserves to live in such terrible conditions.

ive taken to putting water out every couple of days so the pooch at least has clean water.

dont have dogfood and the catfood i left out, it didnt touch (but my backyard strays sure did!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio