Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 12:13 PM

206 posts, read 464,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by open minded View Post
I bought a groupon or living social deal for Bobby G's recently and REALLY looking forward to trying it soon especially now that I know they have great sweet potato fries! Thanks for the info!
It was a deal of the day, lol, me too. My mom said thier wings were good as well, but I didn't try them yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 12:18 PM

206 posts, read 464,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan08 View Post
Checked out Bobby G's last night. Gotta say, not what I expected. Mac and Cheese was good, potato salad was nothing special, and the main reason i went, the sweet potato fries were no good. Greasy, soggy, and flavorless. Ones at the Cove are much better, but my fav are still the ones at Gourmet Burger Grill, the sweet potato tots.
Sorry to hear that. I guess they either had an off night with you or an on night with me. I thought they were way better than the Cove. The Coves can sometimes be a little dried out, especially later in the evening.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:25 PM

168 posts, read 530,061 times
The best for us are....Put some Spike on the big bag of Alexis brand ones at Costco that about $6 something-(you can get a small bag at HEB for 3 or 4ish but only one serving for maybe one person and Costco lasts good for bunch), in the oven about 400 for awhile on baking sheet, then toss em and put a lil more Spike, and cook a lil more and maybe toss again till they are as crispy as you want, and we lovee how they are crispy on outside yet softish on inside. But to me they gotta have Spike or they are not happenin'. You can get Spike at most healthfood stores like the best lil healthfood store-"Rita's" in the shopping center with Whataburger and Big Lots and Hobby Lobby, in New Braunfels, and at a few HEBs now. It's a great seasoning, when you need a lil saltish flavor but want better than salt. And now I would loveee to try sweet potato hash browns. I gotta find that.

Old 11-28-2011, 04:21 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,030,653 times
So Spike is "saltish" but better than salt? How did they manage that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio