U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-20-2011, 12:16 PM
 
15,924 posts, read 17,363,614 times
Reputation: 7641

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by apal View Post
Demanding a Lexus rental = The American Way
I see we agree on something, great
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-20-2011, 12:19 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, Texas
905 posts, read 1,353,805 times
Reputation: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Really? So, you've seen it and have determined that, eh?

As to the GF taking driving classes....last I looked, only a court of law could make that a legal requirement - so chill, because you're really making yourself look petty, IMO. They have insurance, contacted the RO immediately, and took the steps to get the repairs underway. I think that is VERY commendable, and it speaks volumes for their personal integrity!
Very commendable, indeed!!!
Also, we forgot to mention the GF left to the gym at 5:30am and at that time, it's still dark!!!
Plus, who pulls out of the driveway going 5 mph?? thats a tad fast for drivveway driving....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2011, 12:20 PM
 
291 posts, read 535,424 times
Reputation: 211
Ever since my mom died of cancer 4 months back at the age of 51, I kind of have a different outlook on what matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2011, 12:22 PM
 
7 posts, read 8,463 times
Reputation: 22
Default TRANSPORTATION CODE Sec 550.024

So according to the TRANSPORTATION CODE -CHAPTER 550. ACCIDENTS AND ACCIDENT REPORTS (Sec 550.024 DUTY ON STRIKING UNATTENDED VEHICLE)
a) The operator of a vehicle that collides with and damages an unattended vehicle shall immediately stop and:
1) locate the operator or owner of the unattended vehicle and give that person the name and address of the operator and the owner of the vehicle that struck the unattended vehicle; or
(2) leave in a conspicuous place in, or securely attach in a plainly visible way to, the unattended vehicle a written notice giving the name and address of the operator and the owner of the vehicle that struck the unattended vehicle and a statement of the circumstances of the collision.
On a personal note, I would not compensate your neighbor any addtional cost. That is why you pay insurance. If he feels that your insurance isn't good enough, then he can go though his insurance and see if they give him a better deal. I think that as long as you continue to reply to him, he will continue try to get something out of you. Continue to tell him to call your insurance agent.
If this wasn't your neighbor, would you continue to be so nice?

TRANSPORTATION CODE**CHAPTER 550. ACCIDENTS AND ACCIDENT REPORTS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2011, 12:28 PM
 
291 posts, read 535,424 times
Reputation: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good-advise View Post
So according to the TRANSPORTATION CODE -CHAPTER 550. ACCIDENTS AND ACCIDENT REPORTS (Sec 550.024 DUTY ON STRIKING UNATTENDED VEHICLE)
a) The operator of a vehicle that collides with and damages an unattended vehicle shall immediately stop and:
1) locate the operator or owner of the unattended vehicle and give that person the name and address of the operator and the owner of the vehicle that struck the unattended vehicle; or
(2) leave in a conspicuous place in, or securely attach in a plainly visible way to, the unattended vehicle a written notice giving the name and address of the operator and the owner of the vehicle that struck the unattended vehicle and a statement of the circumstances of the collision.
On a personal note, I would not compensate your neighbor any addtional cost. That is why you pay insurance. If he feels that your insurance isn't good enough, then he can go though his insurance and see if they give him a better deal. I think that as long as you continue to reply to him, he will continue try to get something out of you. Continue to tell him to call your insurance agent.
If this wasn't your neighbor, would you continue to be so nice?

TRANSPORTATION CODE**CHAPTER 550. ACCIDENTS AND ACCIDENT REPORTS
I would have been less patient , but I would have still been conerned. That has me thinking, what If I wasn't his neighbor. How would he have treated those poor people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2011, 12:49 PM
 
15,924 posts, read 17,363,614 times
Reputation: 7641
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorgie View Post
Very commendable, indeed!!!
Also, we forgot to mention the GF left to the gym at 5:30am and at that time, it's still dark!!!
Plus, who pulls out of the driveway going 5 mph?? thats a tad fast for drivveway driving....
As another poster said:

Quote:
Really? So, you've seen it and have determined that, eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2011, 12:56 PM
 
Location: New Braunfels, TX
6,256 posts, read 8,974,729 times
Reputation: 6340
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
To replace a single door (glass/hardware not included) with a factory replacement and have it painted is around $1,200.00.

Lexus ES 300 Passenger Door Replacement

Now maybe in your neighborhood where there are cheapo repair shops that use Chinese knock-offs and get it done less.....

My car had a "love tap" by someone who backed into it a couple of months ago at an HEB, repair cost? $1,857.00 (and it's not a Maybach)

Oh, and you know the GF wasn't in a hurry, wasn't looking and didn't speed out of the driveway?

Gimme a break
There's been no detail provided on exactly what was damaged - but obviously you must feel the need to be the advocate for the "victim".

Go ahead - because obviously, you are spoiling for a fight/arguement - some folks live for the drama...... Me, I don't have the time. The man asked for input, it's been provided (by and large) by folks that understand the issue and have provided excellent feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2011, 01:00 PM
 
1,876 posts, read 2,300,136 times
Reputation: 3374
All I know is....If I had any new car...especially a higher-end one, that baby would either be locked up in the garage or in my driveway with a security camera. I don't know the reason why he parks in the street, but it is much more likely to have something happen to it there. Just common sense.

It's like buying really nice furniture for your new home, and then having your puppies chewing on the legs of your leather sofa.
If you want nice things in life, take the proper steps to take care of them. Well, unless your so filthy rich you can just go buy another one.

I'm not saying he got what he deserved by parking in the street, but accidents happen...it's just a fact of life.

You (the OP), did everything you are supposed to do. If he wants something other than what he is entitled to, he can fight it out with the insurance company. Give him a cookie and tell him to have a nice day...life is too short to stroke out over such petty things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2011, 01:10 PM
 
291 posts, read 535,424 times
Reputation: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtea View Post
All I know is....If I had any new car...especially a higher-end one, that baby would either be locked up in the garage or in my driveway with a security camera. I don't know the reason why he parks in the street, but it is much more likely to have something happen to it there. Just common sense.

It's like buying really nice furniture for your new home, and then having your puppies chewing on the legs of your leather sofa.
If you want nice things in life, take the proper steps to take care of them. Well, unless your so filthy rich you can just go buy another one.

I'm not saying he got what he deserved by parking in the street, but accidents happen...it's just a fact of life.

You (the OP), did everything you are supposed to do. If he wants something other than what he is entitled to, he can fight it out with the insurance company. Give him a cookie and tell him to have a nice day...life is too short to stroke out over such petty things.
well said!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2011, 01:25 PM
 
1,876 posts, read 2,300,136 times
Reputation: 3374
Quote:
Originally Posted by apal View Post
Ever since my mom died of cancer 4 months back at the age of 51, I kind of have a different outlook on what matters.

So sorry about your mom. I lost mine 2 years ago to brain cancer myself.

And your right....it does make you re-think things. Kinda makes you feel stupid, when you realize the things you were worried about before were just not that important. Hang in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top