Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 02:05 PM

2 posts, read 22,652 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know how I can get extra coupons from the Sunday papers? I buy a few papers but really only need the coupons. Some people I talk to (on other internet boards) say their local stores throw the unsold Sunday papers away & let them get the coupons at closing time. But no one here has let me do that. Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2007, 07:44 PM

52 posts, read 335,931 times
Have you tried using google to search for coupons you could print out? I think I may have seen links to sites on the local papers website here to print them out. I've never tried it since most of my shopping is at Cosco and they don't except coupons, unless it through their circular.

Old 08-20-2007, 08:14 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
I think the stores have to return the unsold papers for credit, if I remember correctly, so I doubt anybody would be able to give you the coupons and still get credit from the paper guy. If you lived nearby and I still subscribed, I'd give you my unused ones! I've never used them much, only because it's usually the name brands that are way higher-priced than I'm willing to pay. I only used them for things I absolutely had to try! Good luck--I'm always behind some really organized person at HEB that has a gazillion of them!!

Old 08-20-2007, 10:30 PM

796 posts, read 3,049,186 times
Default I love coupons!

Let's started by saying that I used to be a cashier for Kroger on Marbach Rd many, many years ago. I hated getting customers that had a lot of coupons. Of course back then, they just did not scan into the computer, you had to manually enter them.

Now, I have become one of those peope. So far my record savings using coupons is $56 and some change. It is all for stuff that I buy anyway. My normal coupon savings averages around $25-30 dollars each visit for my main shopping which is about twice a month. It has taken me 5 hours before to do my shopping. I always compare what coupon I have and if it is less expensive to purchase another brand, etc. Normally, though, my shopping time is about 3 hours. I don't have the girls with me, so it's kinda like my quiet time. Sad, I know. LOL I am always on the lookout for coupons, they help us out big time with groceries.

Last edited by cheermomof4girls; 08-20-2007 at 10:31 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-21-2007, 09:17 AM

2 posts, read 22,652 times
Thanks for the referral to the printed coupons but I was specifically looking for actual printed manufacturer coupons. Cashiers already hate me enough for using so many coupons & always try to find a way to refuse them. If I use printed ones, they'll immediately say it's a fake (believe me, I've tried).

Anyone else? Does anyone happen to work for a school or library or something that gets multiple copies? I live on the NE side of town & would be happy to pick some up if you aren't gonna use yours. Let me know!

Old 08-21-2007, 08:30 PM

52 posts, read 335,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheermomof4girls View Post
Normally, though, my shopping time is about 3 hours. I don't have the girls with me, so it's kinda like my quiet time. Sad, I know. LOL
Not sad cheermom. When I worked eveneings and midnights I did all the grocery and household shopping. Normally I had to take the twins with me. I loved when I could leave them with my wife so I could go shopping. What I loved more though was when my wife took them. She got a taste of what I had to deal with [b]and[b] I got some me time. I'm so evil sometimes. Sorry for the OT. We now return you to your regularly scheduled postings.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:13 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,775,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmjoe View Post
Thanks for the referral to the printed coupons but I was specifically looking for actual printed manufacturer coupons. Cashiers already hate me enough for using so many coupons & always try to find a way to refuse them. If I use printed ones, they'll immediately say it's a fake (believe me, I've tried).

Anyone else? Does anyone happen to work for a school or library or something that gets multiple copies? I live on the NE side of town & would be happy to pick some up if you aren't gonna use yours. Let me know!
Hmm, the library sounds like a good idea. Why don't you call your local branch and see what they do with the coupons and see if they'll save them for you? I wouldn't think the ads and coupons would just go out on the racks like the rest of the newspaper.

Old 08-22-2007, 08:11 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,365,125 times
I've seen stacks of the Sunday paper in conveinence stores one to two days AFTER the issue date. You might check with them about what they do with the papers they don't sell. Of course you recycle what you don't need, right?

Old 08-22-2007, 11:15 AM

1 posts, read 11,223 times
I have found to if you get to know the delivery person at your local store. I ask for the newspapers that have not been sold for the coupons. They are happy to let me take all the papers for free. Although I do buy 20 each saturday of the early editon. Also ask neighbors, friends, family your church. I have my firemen colleting them also, i donate free food to them and other needs. i end up with over 50 extra, also if you are looking for something spacific you can email me and i will mail some to you we have a small group in which we mail to and exchange our free items with.

Old 08-22-2007, 01:11 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,365,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladykron View Post
I have found to if you get to know the delivery person at your local store. I ask for the newspapers that have not been sold for the coupons. They are happy to let me take all the papers for free. Although I do buy 20 each saturday of the early editon. Also ask neighbors, friends, family your church. I have my firemen colleting them also, i donate free food to them and other needs. i end up with over 50 extra, also if you are looking for something spacific you can email me and i will mail some to you we have a small group in which we mail to and exchange our free items with.
Wow....there ya go! Great resourceful minds!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio