U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-29-2011, 08:14 AM

35 posts, read 68,420 times
Default I need a new OBGYN (San Antonio, Schertz, Stone Oak)

I've had one OBGYN for the last couple of years, but for many reasons I feel that I need to make a switch. Doing a search online, it seems like pretty much ALL of the OB/GYN businesses are group practices and I would like to avoid that if at all possible. I live in Windcrest (NE side) and have been going to Stone Oak but my daughter's doc is in Schertz and I would like to find a doc for myself there, because it is so much closer to home and work, plus much less traffic. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have an on-going issues that some docs are unfamiliar with (PCOS) so would consider a specialized gyno.

To narrow it down, my current doc is from NE OBGYN Assoc, and other doctors in the same practice will not allow you to switch to them so I have to look outside of that practice (even though they just opened a location in Schertz- I've already tried that).

Thanks so much!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 10:02 AM

30 posts, read 45,583 times
My dear daughter's pediatrician recommended Institute for Women's Health, specifically Dr. Susan Crocket who treats adolescents (my daughter is 14). When I met her, I LOVED her!.. very friendly, easy to talk to and she was great with my daughter.. I ended up seeing her when it was time for my yearly check-up. We moved from NC less than a year ago.. so we had to start from zero..

Her office is located in Stone Oak, near Sonterra. Here's her link..
San Antonio OBGYN Physicians | Ob Gyn Doctor Susan A. Crockett | Institute For Women’s Health

Old 09-29-2011, 10:24 AM

5,467 posts, read 5,587,998 times
I was going to recommend a doctor at Institute for Women's Health also...Dr. David Dooley, who delivered my second child and did a great job on my c-section. He was very easy to talk to, took my concerns seriously, and didn't make me feel irresponsible for having a baby when I was heavier than average.

Old 09-29-2011, 03:13 PM

35 posts, read 68,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I was going to recommend a doctor at Institute for Women's Health also...Dr. David Dooley, who delivered my second child and did a great job on my c-section. He was very easy to talk to, took my concerns seriously, and didn't make me feel irresponsible for having a baby when I was heavier than average.

That's exactly one of the issues I have with my current doctor- I was pretty heavy, but losing a little weight and was surprised by the pregnancy. My doc seemed outright irritated when I told her. Thanks to both of you for the recommendations!

Old 09-29-2011, 04:24 PM

272 posts, read 351,896 times
Another vote for Institute for Women's Health in Stone Oak , but my doctor is Elise Carrol. She is awesome! She's quick & painless with the exam, but i've never felt rushed and she's always taken her time to make sure I don't have any questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio