Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 01:48 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,292,856 times

Advertisements

I've heard about a place called Stone Bull mentioned here and in other areas of the internet. It's always mentioned as another haunted contemporary of Midget Mansion, but located out near 1604. However, I can find no details of this place. Anybody know what it is and where it was located?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 05:53 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,044,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
I've heard about a place called Stone Bull mentioned here and in other areas of the internet. It's always mentioned as another haunted contemporary of Midget Mansion, but located out near 1604. However, I can find no details of this place. Anybody know what it is and where it was located?
As I mentioned before, your best source of information on Stone Bull is on The Friends of Midget Mansion facebook group. Just do a search for it. We've had discussions about it in the past on there.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:03 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,543,835 times
I guess I am your last resort so I will tell you what I remember about Stone Bull. Dial the wayback machine to around 1970. My friends had cars and income and we would spend the weekend looking for haunted houses, abandoned farms--anything! Stone Bull was a favorite because nobody knew where it was. I am not even sure anymore. I think it was out Babcock road before it connects to senic loop. I remember a low water crossing and an incline toward the loop. Stone Bull was on private property behind a barb wire fence. It was on the left heading toward Boerne. I can't think of another road it could have been on. Not Blanco--that was Edge falls! Not Callahan (Or Kinney). I was told by fellow pioneers to stay away because Indians would throw rocks at the cars.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:08 PM

It's out off of Scenic Loop and the guy used to haul a statue of a bull out to the end of the property. Not sure why or the rest of the "legend".

Old 10-06-2011, 07:32 PM

Thanks Dude! Maybe this thread will get new life. I used to hunt out there with my Dad. Axis deer, Barbado (?) Sheep. Hunters paradise. Remember the pig farm? I think it was a restaurant last time I looked. 25-30 years ago.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:51 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
I remember back in the 70's there was a commune type thing on Boerne Stage Rd. It was between I-10 and Scenic Loop on the north or west side of Boerne Stage Rd. Not sure what the deal was there! Early 80's I lived on 300 acres where Kendall, Kerr and Bexar county joined. We had over 200 white tail and Axis deer trapped on it with a 15 or 50 thousand volt fence I forget which. We used to trap and turn loose deer on Toutant Beauregard Rd.! I don't recall any such bull anywhere on Scenic Loop or Boerne Stage Road! That 's about it between SA and Boerne! Was it Merrill Lynch's?

Old 10-07-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
I remember back in the 70's there was a commune type thing on Boerne Stage Rd. It was between I-10 and Scenic Loop on the north or west side of Boerne Stage Rd. Not sure what the deal was there! Early 80's I lived on 300 acres where Kendall, Kerr and Bexar county joined. We had over 200 white tail and Axis deer trapped on it with a 15 or 50 thousand volt fence I forget which. We used to trap and turn loose deer on Toutant Beauregard Rd.! I don't recall any such bull anywhere on Scenic Loop or Boerne Stage Road! That 's about it between SA and Boerne! Was it Merrill Lynch's?
I remember the commune (I think). Was it called OHM SAT TAT or something close to that? It was another of those mythical places. Lots of stories but few facts. My Dad knew the original owner of the land you lived on. He would let us hunt. No electric fences back then (late sixties). Stone Bull was someplace to go on a sunday afternoon. It wasn't really much of anything but if you were in your teens and had a full tank of gas, it was an adventure!

Old 10-07-2011, 03:36 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,800,944 times
I used to practice little league out in Grey Forest. We used to drive out Babcock and there was a weird stick fort which was huge as you came around a corner. It was huge and very mysterious. I always wondered what it was b/c it seemed very out of place and random??? No bull though.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
I remember back in the 70's there was a commune type thing on Boerne Stage Rd.
Are you talking about CTI? Concept Therapy Institute. It's still there, has been there as far back as I can remember.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:56 PM

68 posts, read 147,519 times
I remember going out to the Stone bull back in my younger days...I believe it is on or near Seco Creek road....which was across 1604 from UTSA...back towards the old Cooder Browns bar and Fitzwillies (that was years ago)....the horns were broken off the last time I was there. You take the road back into the woods...it is or was gravel at one time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio