U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 08:48 AM

204 posts, read 288,065 times

Advertisements

Hahahaha. Wow. Thanks for the list, major. These people are wackier than I thought. If they would stick the the real issue at hand, which is more oversight and regulation of the financial sector, they might have some credibility.

I especially like how they want to 'fast track' away from fossil fuels, and at the same time decommission all nuclear plants. How much power do they think those solar panels and windmills actually produce? Hint... NOT ENOUGH!

This is starting to remind me of the protests in Spain earlier this summer when I was there. Young people camping out in the plazas and protesting because it seemed like the thing to do.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:55 AM

3,669 posts, read 5,898,364 times
I don't think anyone considers all corporations evil just the ones that buy votes because they are in bed with politicians like big oil and banks. Last time I checked Gap, Apple, Microsoft, Sony, etc..., did not spend mega amounts on campaign contributions. At least not to those considered rotten by the generation protesting.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:01 AM

161 posts, read 313,373 times
Might want to do a bit more research, at least regarding Sony.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:03 AM

3,669 posts, read 5,898,364 times
10 am @ HemisFair Park, right now.

http://influenceexplorer.com/organiz...2ee1f4883c4125

Old 10-07-2011, 09:41 AM

777 posts, read 1,436,209 times
99.5 is not a political station by any means, but they did have a funny take on the whole protesting this morning.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:29 AM

580 posts, read 1,275,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Yeah, has anyone seen their "demands?!?"

That is directly from their website! And I include the phone number because it was posted on the page!

This just goes to show you how disorganized this movement really is.

At least most folks in SA realize how ridiculous stuff like this is, and steers clear of it!

But what made me laugh this morning was a protester with a sign that said "Down with Corporations" while he was wearing an Adidas sweatshirt!

It reminded me of this graphic...

To call them idiots would be an insult to idiots!
From the same website that Mr. Majormadmax is citing (of course):

"Admin note: This is not an official list of demands. This is a forum post submitted by a single user and hyped by irresponsible news/commentary agencies like Fox News and Mises.org. This content was not published by the OccupyWallSt.org collective, nor was it ever proposed or agreed to on a consensus basis with the NYC General Assembly. There is NO official list of demands."

I'd comment, but it seems that every time I do I end up upsetting someone, who then sends me a DM.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:44 AM

204 posts, read 288,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneOf48 View Post

"Admin note: This is not an official list of demands. This is a forum post submitted by a single user and hyped by irresponsible news/commentary agencies like Fox News and Mises.org. This content was not published by the OccupyWallSt.org collective, nor was it ever proposed or agreed to on a consensus basis with the NYC General Assembly. There is NO official list of demands."

I'd comment, but it seems that every time I do I end up upsetting someone, who then sends me a DM.
Interesting...

By all means comment. That's the whole point of a forum... to exchange ideas and information and debate. That's what makes it fun.

Half of the threads I post in get locked, I get nasty messages from people who don't like my replies, I don't care.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:50 AM

580 posts, read 1,275,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grf430 View Post
Interesting...

By all means comment. That's the whole point of a forum... to exchange ideas and information and debate. That's what makes it fun.

Half of the threads I post in get locked, I get nasty messages from people who don't like my replies, I don't care.
I have been, but people complain because they don't like my views, and then the posts get deleted (as will this one, most likely).

I'd just like to restate the obvious: San Antonio is a majority-minority, Democratic-voting city with an economy supported heavily by public expenditures (i.e., education, healthcare, and military). People reading this forum--both SA residents and potential SA residents--should keep those "facts" in mind.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:56 AM

8,400 posts, read 20,105,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneOf48 View Post

Yeah, there seems to be no shortage of lists of their demands...

PROPOSED LIST OF DEMANDS (please help edit/add so this can be submitted for consideration to those maintaining the official list) | OccupyWallSt.org Forum

But I really laugh at this one comment...

Quote:
There is NO official list of demands
Really? They have no idea of what they want or are trying to achieve? This only further demonstrates the disjointedness and ridiculousness of the so-called "effort;" much less the hypocrisy of it all!

Old 10-07-2011, 11:01 AM

905 posts, read 1,355,039 times
It would be interesting for someone who was there yesterday to post comments of the event, what was said. Surely someone reading this forum was there..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio