U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-13-2011, 03:57 PM
 
11 posts, read 78,927 times
Reputation: 33

Advertisements

I was searching through their website and found a full time overnight stocking position and tried to apply, had some problems so I called them up, talked to one of the managers and he told me to come in tomorrow to talk to them.

What can I expect them to ask? I heard the interview process at H-E-B can get kinda weird, but this is overnight stocking so the process should be simple right? I've been unemployed almost two years now, and I've done overnight stocking before so I know I'm qualified. But I'm so ready to get back to work, this past year has been the roughest time in my life so I'm gonna tell them, no bs, I'm here to work, that's it, and I'm gonna bust my ass. I appreciate any advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-13-2011, 04:51 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
8,400 posts, read 20,107,503 times
Reputation: 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex22 View Post
I was searching through their website and found a full time overnight stocking position and tried to apply, had some problems so I called them up, talked to one of the managers and he told me to come in tomorrow to talk to them.

What can I expect them to ask? I heard the interview process at H-E-B can get kinda weird, but this is overnight stocking so the process should be simple right? I've been unemployed almost two years now, and I've done overnight stocking before so I know I'm qualified. But I'm so ready to get back to work, this past year has been the roughest time in my life so I'm gonna tell them, no bs, I'm here to work, that's it, and I'm gonna bust my ass. I appreciate any advice.
It's been years since I did this kind of work, but from what I remember it sounds like you have the right attitude and approach towards the interview. Be forthright and honest with them, and with luck you'll be working very soon.

I wish you all the best! Please let us know how it works out, and don't be too nervous about the interview. You'll do fine!

Cheers! M2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2011, 04:59 PM
 
Location: Seaford, Delaware
3,471 posts, read 17,213,707 times
Reputation: 2624
I think you have the right attitude. That's important. One thing they may be looking at is this for the long haul or are you getting a night time job to look for a daytime job. Be up front with it all.
break a leg!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2011, 05:08 PM
 
11 posts, read 78,927 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
It's been years since I did this kind of work, but from what I remember it sounds like you have the right attitude and approach towards the interview. Be forthright and honest with them, and with luck you'll be working very soon.

I wish you all the best! Please let us know how it works out, and don't be too nervous about the interview. You'll do fine!

Cheers! M2
Thanks brother, will do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneSA View Post
I think you have the right attitude. That's important. One thing they may be looking at is this for the long haul or are you getting a night time job to look for a daytime job. Be up front with it all.
break a leg!!!!
Thanks man, I'll do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2011, 05:16 PM
 
Location: New Braunfels, TX
6,257 posts, read 8,988,285 times
Reputation: 6342
Best of luck - one thing to remember is that like any other large employer, there IS opportunity to grow within the company, so don't be afraid of mentioning that you'd hope your hard work and dedication could lead to more opportunities within the company! THAT tells 'em you "have a plan", but that the plan means staying with 'em - folks like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2011, 05:35 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
8,400 posts, read 20,107,503 times
Reputation: 4435
It might be a good idea to look over their website for info on the company and its opportunities...

Career and Job Opportunities - HEB

Retail Leadership Opportunities - HEB

Corporate Careers - HEB


As TRN suggested, don't look at it just as a job but more of a potential career!

Cheers! M2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2011, 06:02 PM
 
11 posts, read 78,927 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Best of luck - one thing to remember is that like any other large employer, there IS opportunity to grow within the company, so don't be afraid of mentioning that you'd hope your hard work and dedication could lead to more opportunities within the company! THAT tells 'em you "have a plan", but that the plan means staying with 'em - folks like that.
Ok, I was planning on mentioning that I'm trying to earn money for college, and hopefully with the right degree I can turn this into a career. Thanks man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
It might be a good idea to look over their website for info on the company and its opportunities...

Career and Job Opportunities - HEB

Retail Leadership Opportunities - HEB

Corporate Careers - HEB


As TRN suggested, don't look at it just as a job but more of a potential career!

Cheers! M2
Ok I'll check that out, I appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2011, 06:08 PM
 
5,633 posts, read 13,943,736 times
Reputation: 2730
Read up on the history of HEB and their corporate creed. Then, quote some of that stuff in the interview. Gets 'em every time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2011, 07:32 PM
 
777 posts, read 1,436,353 times
Reputation: 415
for stockers, you can't have an attitude, and you just have to show that you want to work. turnover is extremely high for night stockers. it's not common for a person to show up and quit the same night.

so, show that you have the right attitude, the desire, and the past experience and you should be good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2011, 07:51 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
8,400 posts, read 20,107,503 times
Reputation: 4435
Agreed, I honestly hated the job; working at all odd hours of the night and as the junior guy on the team being stuck with stocking baby food jars and other pain in the butt items like that.

But if you bust your butt you can soon move out of it into a specific area such as frozen foods or produce. There is opportunity, just be careful with the box cutters as I know many a stocker who accidentally sliced themselves with those things!

Attitude is everything, but you gotta back it up with performance! Go in with determination and the sky is the limit!

Cheers! M2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:21 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top