U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-24-2011, 07:41 AM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
67 posts, read 85,306 times
Reputation: 39

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
That's false. Many dealerships give salespeople demos. It's a policy of the dealership as to how that works.
LOL OK... But your very wrong.

 
Old 10-24-2011, 01:00 PM
 
Location: Purgatory (A.K.A. Dallas, Texas)
5,010 posts, read 13,146,053 times
Reputation: 2440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06Girly View Post
LOL OK... But your very wrong.

LOL. OK.

The Sewell automotive group gives every salesperson a demo. The Huffines auto group gives the top sales performers demos. Just to name two on opposite ends of the spectrum.

Just because something is done one way at your particular dealership does not mean it's done that way at every single one. As I said, it's dealership-specific.
 
Old 10-24-2011, 01:19 PM
 
5,623 posts, read 6,405,999 times
Reputation: 3593
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
LOL. OK.

The Sewell automotive group gives every salesperson a demo. The Huffines auto group gives the top sales performers demos. Just to name two on opposite ends of the spectrum.

Just because something is done one way at your particular dealership does not mean it's done that way at every single one. As I said, it's dealership-specific.
Now that you mention Sewell, I recall one of their executives saying that they do in fact do this for some of their salesmen. This was several years ago when I was in college. The VP came to give a presentation on how they operate in my business class.

Most of the presentation was boring and seemed like a recruiting event so I didn't really belive it at the time that they would do that.
 
Old 10-24-2011, 01:23 PM
 
Location: Purgatory (A.K.A. Dallas, Texas)
5,010 posts, read 13,146,053 times
Reputation: 2440
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
Now that you mention Sewell, I recall one of their executives saying that they do in fact do this for some of their salesmen. This was several years ago when I was in college. The VP came to give a presentation on how they operate in my business class.

Most of the presentation was boring and seemed like a recruiting event so I didn't really belive it at the time that they would do that.

Every single salesperson has one at all their dealerships.
 
Old 10-24-2011, 01:37 PM
 
525 posts, read 766,019 times
Reputation: 415
Any type of sales position will have the top 10% making 90% of the money, and the rest fighting for the scraps. Car sales suck unless you are a real silver tongue devil. Honesty works well in car sales but the real key is reading and controlling the customer. Find out who is making the decisions and if they aren't there chances are they won't be. Be nice and cheerful even when treated like the excrement of the earth. Always ask closing questions and then close the deal. And if your product sucks so will your sales IE 7 per month. Must have been a chrysler product cause all their sales are fleet with very few walkins.
 
Old 10-24-2011, 01:41 PM
 
525 posts, read 766,019 times
Reputation: 415
This was a great thread.
 
Old 10-24-2011, 01:44 PM
 
Location: Purgatory (A.K.A. Dallas, Texas)
5,010 posts, read 13,146,053 times
Reputation: 2440
Quote:
Originally Posted by heetseeker View Post
Any type of sales position will have the top 10% making 90% of the money, and the rest fighting for the scraps. Car sales suck unless you are a real silver tongue devil. Honesty works well in car sales but the real key is reading and controlling the customer. Find out who is making the decisions and if they aren't there chances are they won't be. Be nice and cheerful even when treated like the excrement of the earth. Always ask closing questions and then close the deal. And if your product sucks so will your sales IE 7 per month. Must have been a chrysler product cause all their sales are fleet with very few walkins.

Car sales sucks no matter what. Even if you're very good at it, it's still not a very fun job.
 
Old 10-24-2011, 01:47 PM
 
Location: New Braunfels, TX
6,257 posts, read 8,986,685 times
Reputation: 6342
Quote:
Originally Posted by heetseeker View Post
Must have been a chrysler product cause all their sales are fleet with very few walkins.
Never assume - the results ain't pretty.....
 
Old 10-24-2011, 02:20 PM
 
Location: New Braunfels, TX
6,257 posts, read 8,986,685 times
Reputation: 6342
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
LOL. OK.

The Sewell automotive group gives every salesperson a demo. The Huffines auto group gives the top sales performers demos. Just to name two on opposite ends of the spectrum.

Just because something is done one way at your particular dealership does not mean it's done that way at every single one. As I said, it's dealership-specific.
ummm.....I'm thinking most folks were referring to "local market". That puts Huffine outta the mix...an' the only Sewell location in SA is Bachelor Cadillac....not exactly a true representation of even a majority of the SA market players, IMO.

SA dealers don't seem to offer the perks to their sales people that other metros do - IMO, it's because of their mindset that salespeople are simply a dime a dozen - MOST of the dealerships view 'em as revolving employees - they place little value in 'em.
 
Old 10-24-2011, 02:41 PM
 
413 posts, read 652,081 times
Reputation: 453
Just a little note to any dealership GM's reading this... if you let your salespeople take cars home, I will never buy a car from you. My neighbor lets his children hop into a new Escalade soaking wet, standing on the center console through the sunroof. He's done this with at least a dozen different Escalades. I'm sure some do even worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:29 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top