Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 06:03 PM

2 posts, read 10,006 times

Advertisements

I used Gary's Pools & Patio's in Corpus and they have very poor service. Once they get your money they forget you basically. It is now going on 3 months and the concrete around the pool is not done, the waterfall not installed and the switch to the equipment was not installed. I call and call & it takes days to get an answer. They supposedly have an A+ BBB rating but dont know how that is. The pool went into the ground on 4-15-2010 & on 6-29-2010 still not done. Unless you are willing to put up with constant delays & battle every issue, do not use them!

Old 07-14-2010, 06:13 PM

1 posts, read 5,020 times
My neighbor recently went through the process of meeting with pool builders. I did it with him since we will be purchasing a pool this fall. We both decided on a smaller builder Stephen Korbar Pools. If you are looking at a new pool do not make a decision without at least talking to this guy. Smart personal And builds a great pool. He did a 3d design (which is cool) listened to input made changes. He always answered the phone, was on site or one of his guys were. Pool got done in a 5 weeks with a spa and big water fall. Pool looks great. There was a problem with a pump and they got it fixed the next day a month after the build. Steph is like a friend of ours now. It was a great experience and I look forward to having mine built soon.
Oh ya the price was by far better than some of the more well known names.
Good luck on yours.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:00 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,398,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunderidge View Post
My neighbor recently went through the process of meeting with pool builders. I did it with him since we will be purchasing a pool this fall. We both decided on a smaller builder Stephen Korbar Pools. If you are looking at a new pool do not make a decision without at least talking to this guy. Smart personal And builds a great pool. He did a 3d design (which is cool) listened to input made changes. He always answered the phone, was on site or one of his guys were. Pool got done in a 5 weeks with a spa and big water fall. Pool looks great. There was a problem with a pump and they got it fixed the next day a month after the build. Steph is like a friend of ours now. It was a great experience and I look forward to having mine built soon.
Oh ya the price was by far better than some of the more well known names.
Good luck on yours.
Can you give us an idea of the price?

Old 07-30-2010, 12:28 PM

2 posts, read 10,006 times
I used Garys Pools & Patios and it was a big mistake. Now going on 4 months and still not done

Old 08-27-2010, 11:18 AM

1 posts, read 4,808 times
We LOVE our Pool Concepts Pool!

Our pool is finished and we took our first swim last night. Pool Concepts did a great job and listened to what we wanted and then designed a pool that fits perfectly into our backyard. We are going to get many, many years of great fun and memories because of our new pool and we thank Pool Concepts for that. We were confident from the start that they would do a great job because of their attention to detail and they lived up to our expectations. The process of installing the pool was a big one and we had no idea of the work that would have to go into it. We know that our soil type was a little unexpected but we knew that by choosing Pool Concepts we had nothing to worry about and were very confident that they would do what was needed to make sure we don’t have any issues, and we were not disappointed. Working with Pool Concepts has been a great experience and we will refer them to anyone that we know that may be thinking about installing a pool.

We are very happy Pool Concepts customers and will tell as many people as we can that “life just got a little better, with Pool Concepts”.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:10 PM

14 posts, read 34,618 times
Zars built my neighbor's pool and they were on time and they were happy with the job.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:11 PM

14 posts, read 34,618 times
BTW, I used to have a pool and it was a pain in the A$$ but it was an older pool. From what I hear the newer pools are more efficient, have more rebar in the construction and are less prone to issues the older pools had/have.

Old 08-29-2010, 06:20 PM

6,705 posts, read 8,770,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NapaDad View Post
Zars built my neighbor's pool and they were on time and they were happy with the job.
Zars built my pool also. The job was completed on time.

Overall they did a good job with my pool and was happy with them.

I can't recommend their pool service however. It feels way overpriced for what you get. I plan to switch eventually.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:03 PM

2 posts, read 7,130 times
We are in the middle of having a fiberglass inground pool installed by Gary's Pool and patio SA. What a nightmare.. if you would like a dissertation of everything that has happened, gone wrong, been done wrong. Contact me.. Nothing good to say... If you were to win a free pool from them... Just say "No Thank You"
My landscaper I hired directly has done a very very good job!

Old 11-08-2010, 03:27 AM

2 posts, read 6,213 times
We just had a pool put in and cannot be more happy. We used Bode Pools. They were detailed, quick (5 weeks), curteous, and have come out and helped me get use to cleaning, chemicals, etc. The price was much better than the big names in town. Highly recommend Bode Pools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio