Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2012, 06:07 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,368,345 times

Advertisements

So, I wanted to float an observation and see if anyone else had experienced similar behaviors. My observation is not limited to San Antonio as it has been witnessed in Seattle/Tacoma, NOVA/DC area, Houston, Dallas, and other areas. The most inconsiderate, aggressive, and reckless drivers on the road all have something common. They all have the Christian fish symbol on the back of their cars. Now, before the witch hunt starts, I consider myself a Christian as well, so I am in no way condoning the wholesale bashing of a religion. Just an observation that drivers with the fish on the rear of their vehicles will be the first to:
1. Cut you off on a highway
2. Aggressively and blatantly try to snake a parking spot you've been waiting on with turn signal on
3. Pull out in front of you
4. Fail to use turn signals....ever.
5. Get into the right lane at a stoplight where you can turn on red, only to sit through the light so they don't have to wait behind someone in the center lane.
6. Weave on the highway, use the horn way too frequently, use the brakes to "punish" other drivers.

These are just some of the traits off the top of my head. The only driver out there that is more dangerous, would be the operator of a Prius, with the fish, and a "coexist" sticker on the back. These moon-bats are the harbinger of the apocalypse. If you see one, just get off the highway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 09:35 AM

112 posts, read 365,998 times
I have been cut off by more people with the fish symbol on sunday mornings as they race to church than i can count.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:57 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,800,808 times
C'mon, let's not veer off-course here... afterall, regardless of what our belief preference is, we're still all humans first... that can drive... or not.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:59 AM

581 posts, read 1,187,690 times
^^ Word.

So, good job guy (sarcastically) who decided at the last second possible for neuron reaction to go from the left farthest lane of 410 south to his exit at San Pedro thus causing an accident for the car and truck behind you in the middle lane. I didn't know I was in living in "your" world.

Jebus. I couldn't believe it. I saw the whole thing and narrowly escaped getting rear ended myself. hopefully someone else got a partial or something. I know myself, as a witness, didn't get a good full one. And hopefully both drivers can get their cars repaired. I await an insurance investigator phone call.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:02 PM

210 posts, read 502,505 times
Yesterday I witnessed a woman in her car trying to find to find a parking spot WHILE TEXTING. She had her elbows on the wheel with her phone in her hands. What. The. ****. I honked my horn and ended up shouting at her. What a stupid person. I don't care if you're only cruising along, any little kid could quickly run out from behind a car that is already parked.. I despise humanity at times, I really bloody do.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:11 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,825,078 times
Drive down Potranco Road toward Hunt Lane during rush hour---especially the mornings. Right now the right lane is closed due to construction. I have witnessed people cruising down the turn lane to cut people off at the front of the light almost colliding with people sitting in the turn lane waiting to turn because people block intersections. I have witnessed people sitting in the turn lane after coming out of the surrounding neighborhoods waiting patiently to merge in to the lanes only to witness someone driving down the turn lane veer into the oncoming traffic lane to go around these wiating vehicles just to move up to the front to cut people off.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by britishbird View Post
Yesterday I witnessed a woman in her car trying to find to find a parking spot WHILE TEXTING. She had her elbows on the wheel with her phone in her hands. What. The. ****. I honked my horn and ended up shouting at her. What a stupid person. I don't care if you're only cruising along, any little kid could quickly run out from behind a car that is already parked.. I despise humanity at times, I really bloody do.
Amen. It is almost as though I am back in Dorset, "where the tractors are" again. Though I never fully got the apprehension to bringing thr M-27 to Poole or Bournemouth.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:57 AM

80 posts, read 101,716 times
Yes, SAT has the most discourteous drivers I have ever seen. Extremely selfish. I've never seen so many people actually RACE for the next red light so the person next to them doesn't cut them off. People acting like High Schoolers with rice burners and nitro. I've already seen someone smash their brand new car with the temp paper license plate into the car in front of them because they were trying to cut in front of a pickup. So many idiots on these local roads.

People need time management skills. If you're always late in the morning get up earlier moron.

My family has witnessed this same behavior in many other aspects. People cutting each other off to get in the checkout line at grocery stores or amusement parks.

Moderator cut: off-topic

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 03-06-2012 at 09:27 PM..

Old 03-06-2012, 11:26 AM

93 posts, read 197,032 times
My parents live in Waco, and I absolutely hate the drive on 35 between Temple and Waco. It's 2 lanes, filled with idiots. Coming back Saturday afternoon, a guy is driving along with a trailer filled with stuff (and a tarp covering it) going 60 in the left lane. Of course, in the right lane are semis, and all the while, I was praying that I didn't hit anyone or get hit. Then after I got past that one, there was another....and another....and another. Thankfully, I made it past there, but everytime I drive up there, I want to scream!

Old 03-06-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Harmann View Post
My parents live in Waco, and I absolutely hate the drive on 35 between Temple and Waco. It's 2 lanes, filled with idiots. Coming back Saturday afternoon, a guy is driving along with a trailer filled with stuff (and a tarp covering it) going 60 in the left lane. Of course, in the right lane are semis, and all the while, I was praying that I didn't hit anyone or get hit. Then after I got past that one, there was another....and another....and another. Thankfully, I made it past there, but everytime I drive up there, I want to scream!
Agreed. Used to live in Temple, and there are more wrecks, usually involving 18 wheelers, between Temple and Waco than anywhere else I have seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio