U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-26-2011, 08:30 AM
 
Location: San Antonio, Texas
905 posts, read 1,355,985 times
Reputation: 592

Advertisements

Advertisers diminishing on radio (KTSA is next), ipods, downlodable music, satellite radio are all factors to live radio going away....
Sad fact, but true....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-26-2011, 12:58 PM
 
Location: NWsider
159 posts, read 683,763 times
Reputation: 81
Default Rock of Old Ages!

Good!!! These guys are week......last week. Im sure if young kids still listen to that type of rock they would still have a job. Nobody cares about the music they played besides 40 somethings with mullets. A little Ratt, Poision, Dio, Twisted Sister, ZZzzTopzzzzzz boring! Maybe they can host Rock of Love with those throw backs Brett Michales and Riki Rachtman or they can land a job at the corral calling the girls to the stage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2011, 02:16 PM
 
Location: Texas
2,330 posts, read 6,261,166 times
Reputation: 1590
I think this is something that should have happened a long time ago.. they were more into talking then playing music. I do believe that it was a music station and not talk radio. I tuned them out a long time ago after they got long winded instead of playing music.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2011, 02:30 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
1,893 posts, read 4,865,504 times
Reputation: 1471
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
I think this is something that should have happened a long time ago.. they were more into talking then playing music. I do believe that it was a music station and not talk radio. I tuned them out a long time ago after they got long winded instead of playing music.
It was a morning drivetime show. That's what they do. Talk with some music. The rest of the day more music + commercials, less talk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2011, 03:45 PM
 
Location: Floresville, TX
169 posts, read 375,298 times
Reputation: 113
unfortunate. i really liked them. but after moving to Houston and listening to 94.5's morning show for 4 years, Lisle & Hahn now seem too old and too slow of a show (sometimes I still listen online). I'm not saying they need some crazy hyper morning zoo jackass, but something a younger audience and their target advertisers can relate to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2011, 04:04 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
89 posts, read 210,537 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by m48xhp View Post
unfortunate. i really liked them. but after moving to Houston and listening to 94.5's morning show for 4 years, Lisle & Hahn now seem too old and too slow of a show (sometimes I still listen online). I'm not saying they need some crazy hyper morning zoo jackass, but something a younger audience and their target advertisers can relate to.
Agreed. Rod Ryan's show on 94.5 The Buzz is the best morning show in Houston hands down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2011, 04:21 PM
 
251 posts, read 453,420 times
Reputation: 273
Who cares....radio went out with powdered wigs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2011, 04:36 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, Tx
7,650 posts, read 8,103,779 times
Reputation: 9200
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceage007 View Post
Good!!! These guys are week......last week.
So is that joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2011, 05:07 PM
 
Location: In San Antonio
1,673 posts, read 2,717,768 times
Reputation: 1242
Funny how haters and those dont listen to L&H in the morning seem to just pop up. If you didnt like em or want to listen to why would ya even comment.

Must having nothing else to do. Sad life for some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2011, 05:54 PM
 
Location: NE San Antonio
1,642 posts, read 3,555,358 times
Reputation: 1430
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceage007 View Post
Good!!! These guys are week......last week. Im sure if young kids still listen to that type of rock they would still have a job. Nobody cares about the music they played besides 40 somethings with mullets. A little Ratt, Poision, Dio, Twisted Sister, ZZzzTopzzzzzz boring! Maybe they can host Rock of Love with those throw backs Brett Michales and Riki Rachtman or they can land a job at the corral calling the girls to the stage.
What are you talking about, KZEP? KISS hasn't played that music in over 10 years. Unfortunatly they have been playing 90s music for 10 years instead. In any case, the Rude Awakening wasnt about music anyway, when they played a song I would switch to npr for a while. They will be missed by true San Antonians
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:08 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top